Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   CF/TWF Rally South (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3849)

Amorok 01-06-2009 04:35 PM

Damn, I haven't been on in a while. Ebbs, Rogue, I'd like to hit the Gap with you guys after, it'll be awesome. I'm already planning on taking the weeks on either side off. As for riding up, if you guys want to meet somewhere in northern MS I'm game, me and Ebbs will be coming from the same place anyway.

A couple of the people on CF said they were still coming, but to be honest most of the usernames I'm dealing with over there are here as well, so I'm just going to pad my numbers by five and go from there. Now if the damn hotel will call me back...

the chi 01-06-2009 04:55 PM

I still havent made my mind up...i usually reserve my june vacation for the Dragon trip...but since ive been dying to get over to Blood Mountain since that very first trip...hmmmm....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 138862)
Yeah that's the nice thing (as if there's only one :lol:) about being single... I can leave pretty much any day I want... with only work to clear it with.

Slab sucks... but it's 1000x worse when you don't have someone to ride with IMO... riding up to Trip's (Knoxville) from Rae's (Ft Walton Beach) was all slab... but it was awesome to just shoot the shit at the gas stops... though it killed our travel time... 9hr trip took 12.5 :lol:

Oh please, im attached and I can do the same thing! :lol:

And true, having someone to ride with makes a world of difference, and stopping at all the lil random scenic places or "just because" is friggin awesome.

The only exception would be gas shortages, and 5-7 hour trips that turn into 12! :lol: But I wouldnt change a thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 138865)
Unless I meet up with some fellow CF/TWFers that know of a more scenic route, I can guarantee that my 600 mile trip to Suches will be total slab for 550 miles.

Just thinking about it makes my ass hurt. :lol:

Ya know, coming back from Indy by myself wasnt nearly as bad as youd think. Everyone else split off in Louisville, and altho I was sad to leave them, just crossing the country and thru the cities by myself was pretty nifty too. I gave friends my locations and plans, with text updates, and explored lil pieces of the world. I can be kind of a loner tho, i guess. :idk: There was one lil town, before nashville, WAAAAAAYYYY off the interstate, name looked interesting, so i went to check it out. A tiny lil town, complete with an old timey drug store and town square was there for me to explore and rest. I even met a few friendly locals, like the town judge as I was gearing back up. He saw me, was a fellow rider and came over to say hi!

*and after the first 1500 miles ya cant feel a thing! * :wink:

Mr Lefty 01-06-2009 04:57 PM

I think your planned route is diffrent from mine... I was going over to Ft Walton Beach to meet up with The Chi... then up to Montgomery then through ATL and up... though I'll probably try to avoid ATL and swing north on country roads...
but :idk:

Mr Lefty 01-06-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 140465)
Oh please, im attached and I can do the same thing! :lol:

And true, having someone to ride with makes a world of difference, and stopping at all the lil random scenic places or "just because" is friggin awesome.

that's cause your attachment is a male... not a female with trust issues and fuck'n drama. :lol:

besides... Jason should have a bike by then and come with!

the chi 01-06-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 140467)
I think your planned route is diffrent from mine... I was going over to Ft Walton Beach to meet up with The Chi... then up to Montgomery then through ATL and up... though I'll probably try to avoid ATL and swing north on country roads...
but :idk:

Honestly, if we do this, meeting somewhere on 65 would be best for YOU, instead of you coming all the way over here. If we got up early, reasonable freak, not buttcrack of dawn early, we could meet on 65 and continue north. If we wanted to stop, my parents live in NE ATL, we could spend the night there and then finish the trip. :idk:

Thats how i ended up on Blood Mtn the first time.

In an excursion, with a 16ft trailer and 4 bikes on the back.

Hanging off the cliff edge. :lol:

the chi 01-06-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 140468)
that's cause your attachment is a male... not a female with trust issues and fuck'n drama. :lol:

besides... Jason should have a bike by then and come with!

True, and true as long as they dont ship him out, remember? Hes scheduled to be TDY around that time...

Mr Lefty 01-06-2009 05:04 PM

I'm down for what ever... I'll probably try taking like 5 or 6 days off... shit I have 70 some days of leave right now... I'll use probably 5-6 on my way down to MS...

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 140470)
True, and true as long as they dont ship him out, remember? Hes scheduled to be TDY around that time...

ahh yeah... that's right... GHEY

dReWpY 01-06-2009 05:46 PM

i googled this trip, looks to be about $9.43 in gas one way, lol

i am going to start using gas cost instead of milage for all future trips

Mr Lefty 01-06-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 140511)
i googled this trip, looks to be about $9.43 in gas one way, lol

i am going to start using gas cost instead of milage for all future trips

so we're gonna count you out then huh.... as it's further than the Gap and you couldn't make it there last year :lol:

dReWpY 01-06-2009 05:59 PM

is there a date for this thing yet?

i am aware of a few things that need attention on my bike, first need new chain and sproket
second new tires within 1,000 miles atleast a rear
third- fix my damn headlight