Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Previous Polls (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   POTM's Future Poll (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18286)

Mr Lefty 03-01-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 453318)
slightly confusing

again... how is it confusing?

Amber Lamps 03-01-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 453474)

I don't think it's confusing but you've basically guaranteed the 4 or 5 people that normally submit a win.:lol:

Trip 03-01-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 453474)

he's jewish, break it down like it's cash.

Papa_Complex 03-01-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453478)
he's jewish, break it down like it's cash.

It's like an annuity, but with quarterly pay-outs.

marko138 03-01-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 453479)
It's like an annuity, but with quarterly pay-outs.

Well done.

tommymac 03-01-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 453512)
Well done.

he has been on a roll today.

Papa_Complex 03-01-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 453514)
he has been on a roll today.

The bossman at the online mag I occasionally shoot for surprised me by wanting to post up a press release on my book. Once I turn the writer on, it's tough to turn him back off ;)

Besides, Toronto has a fairly big Hasidic community, so I'm semi-fluent in diamond merchant.

Lamnidae 03-02-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 453526)
..... I'm semi-fluent in diamond merchant.

:lol

Lamnidae 03-02-2011 03:55 AM

Okay....

break it up into quarters of the year. "Photo a month" is just a bit much to handle....

I dig Ebb's idea on groups/ideas/themes --- one quick suggestion, rotate themes or have them random (create a grab-bag???). I didn't like the idea of "Oh, well, one them is your bike in front of a waterfall" -- yeah, c'mon, this board isn't locked to a single region that has lots of waterfalls, theyr'e not always easy to come by unless we're talking about getting out the water hose and cheesin' it up a bit. Additionally, multiple themes per quarter (two themes, three max?). That would reduce the "only allowed from the rally" issue from folks who are otherwise unable to make the rally.

Set limits on the age of the photograph, current "quarter" cycle or current cycle plus previous (6 months).... maybe occasionally a "throw back" category of unrestricted (goes back to categories above) which is unlimited age, MC related, but not submitted to professional publication/previously awarded POTQ winner.

Voting should be limited to participants, otherwise it becomes a popularity contest, with it being held for the quarter rather than just a month, it should open it up to more submissions. Multiple submissions allowed (2? 3?) but voting participant can only vote once (not able to vote three times for an individual image, if multiple images are allowed per contestant).

I have no problems volunteering my time or hosting space for a repository to hold images prior to publication for voting events.

Papa_Complex 03-02-2011 06:11 AM

I believe that Ebbs' idea was that all of the themes would be open for submission, every quarter.

Even if it's a popularity contest, I think that leaving voting open to the whole board is the best way to go. After all the idea is to involve more people in it, isn't it? Hell, I'd probably never win another competition, but I'd rather see everyone get in on it :lol:

Maybe this poll should be moved to Off Topic, to see what the people we want to get involved think?