Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I got 'new' toys (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10324)

No Worries 09-07-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 262441)
congrats heather! im jealous! drop the old gas, put in new plugs and jump that sucker. it'll probably fire up you never know. seafoam is your friend ;)

Jump it? Heck, it's got a kickstarter. As I remember, the F model was sporty and the K model was for touring. Looks like everything is there, so that should be fun. I recommend Metzeler Lasertec tires, Ferodo or EBC pads, Dyna ignition (coils and S ignition), copper spark plug wires, and Works Performance shocks and fork springs.

Scot 09-07-2009 03:29 PM

It's a dual twin because

A: It's a twin (you knew that)
and
B: It's a dual rotary valve.

I'd like to thank Walneck's for my mildly impressive ability to remember odd shit about bikes that almost never existed.

Cutty72 09-07-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 262448)
true... but I've never had one that PB blaster hasn't worked on... as long as you're patient and don't try to muscle it. but yeah... that nut extractor is a good fall back.

You have never worked on a farm then.

Mr Lefty 09-07-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 262522)
You have never worked on a farm then.

no no I haven't.

BobTheBiker 09-07-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 262502)
Jump it? Heck, it's got a kickstarter. As I remember, the F model was sporty and the K model was for touring. Looks like everything is there, so that should be fun. I recommend Metzeler Lasertec tires, Ferodo or EBC pads, Dyna ignition (coils and S ignition), copper spark plug wires, and Works Performance shocks and fork springs.

You'll needa new battery and GOOD carb cleaning first. hope you enjoy torment, the 550K and F airboxes are exactly that.

I have a 750K that sat for 25 years. fresh oil change and it fired right on up once I changed the shitbox champion plugs for NGK ones.

Kickers are AWESOME on these old bikes. I used mine much more thhan the electric start.

Dave 09-07-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 262502)

would still require a battery or other form of current to run would it not? the dave plan bypasses all potential failures in the charging system for a proof of operation

OneSickPsycho 09-07-2009 06:26 PM

I need an old bike to wrench on and curse at. :(

Scot 09-07-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 262538)
would still require a battery or other form of current to run would it not? the dave plan bypasses all potential failures in the charging system for a proof of operation

Not necessarily.

Charging system yes, battery no.

HurricaneHeather 09-07-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot (Post 262508)
It's a dual twin because

A: It's a twin (you knew that)
and
B: It's a dual rotary valve.

I'd like to thank Walneck's for my mildly impressive ability to remember odd shit about bikes that almost never existed.

:lol:

I now remember a 4am truck stop conversation over root beer and that was mentioned as one of the possible reasons for the name. It was a looong trip.

HurricaneHeather 09-07-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot (Post 262555)
Not necessarily.

Charging system yes, battery no.

did you see the turn signals, head and tail lights on that fugger? They are HUGE. It's gonna need a battery. :lol: