Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   BEHOLD! Another V-Twin Major Rebuild... I give you... Project Pegasus... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=633)

OneSickPsycho 03-17-2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mule (Post 17961)
i got a pair of progrips for my honda, they came out of the package being really tacky and nasty....ended up putting a spare pair of traction grips on it as well

I've seen them on various bikes and liked 'em... We'll see what happens when they come...

Mr Lefty 03-17-2008 07:20 AM

what about that little silver part on the chin fairing?

OneSickPsycho 03-17-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 17972)
what about that little silver part on the chin fairing?

It's not silver, it's that same strange goldish color... The side of the chin faring is all rashed up so I was thinking about getting the whole damn thing Line-X'ed... I might be able to sand out the scratches though, so I'm going to try that first... If I can, then I'm going to paint that goldish thing the same color as the frame...

Mr Lefty 03-17-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 17974)
It's not silver, it's that same strange goldish color... The side of the chin faring is all rashed up so I was thinking about getting the whole damn thing Line-X'ed... I might be able to sand out the scratches though, so I'm going to try that first... If I can, then I'm going to paint that goldish thing the same color as the frame...

ahh ok... yeah I know what you mean about that goldish color... when we go to Indy... I'll show you my frame... it's fucking gold... and my wheels are silver! at least they could have been consistent! 06 they went back to silver frames :fu2:

I may be doing this same thing in a year or so...

DLIT 03-17-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 17833)
its a certian jena se qua.

mostly your approach, and mentality.

i think one of the reason it got me goin was its pretty much exactly how i start a project.

I agree on the approach and mentality tip. But in the end. It's still a peice of shit Buell. With 100 year old water in the bars.

OneSickPsycho 03-17-2008 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 17979)
I agree on the approach and mentality tip. But in the end. It's still a peice of shit Buell. With 100 year old water in the bars.

:aide:

DLIT 03-17-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 17981)
:aid:

I love you too, buddy. Eat dicks. Seriously, I wanna see what it'll look like when it's done.

OneSickPsycho 03-17-2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 17983)
I love you too, buddy. Eat dicks. Seriously, I wanna see what it'll look like when it's done.

+1 on everything but eating dicks.

DLIT 03-17-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 17984)
+1 on everything but eating dicks.

Honestly, I still don't know what you're gonna paint. The trim that goes around the sides and back of the seat?

OneSickPsycho 03-17-2008 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 17986)
Honestly, I still don't know what you're gonna paint. The trim that goes around the sides and back of the seat?

Front fairing mount thing, the subframe, and reparing the damage on the frame and swingarm... Possibly the chin fairing too...