Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Helmet/gear whores? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=5704)

Amber Lamps 02-03-2009 07:05 PM

I have 8 "active" helmets. 6 pairs of gloves. 9 jackets. 2 sets of riding pants. Upper and lower Dainese "under armor". 5 pairs of boots. 8 pairs of riding socks (very nice,I highly recommend!). 2 sets of Icon knee armor. Various baclavas,dickies,vests,neck cozies,etc.

t-homo 02-03-2009 08:55 PM

I can't wait till I have a real job and can buy things like this.

Tsunami 02-06-2009 02:27 PM

i'm down the basics-

2 helmets-
1 street
1 dirt

1 track 2pc suit

2 pairs of pants
1 dual sport- which has a big burn hole on it from the engine
1 leather- doens't fit anymore since i am no longer a size 0 (alpinestars cat pants size 38 if anyone is interested)

3 jackets
1-mesh
1-better quality mesh
1-leather

2 boots
1- street
1- dirt

1 backprotector
1 pr gloves
1 race collar

fasternyou929 02-06-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 159098)
I have 8 "active" helmets. 6 pairs of gloves. 9 jackets. 2 sets of riding pants. Upper and lower Dainese "under armor". 5 pairs of boots. 8 pairs of riding socks (very nice,I highly recommend!). 2 sets of Icon knee armor. Various baclavas,dickies,vests,neck cozies,etc.

What do you think your total investment is? If I had 8 of my helmets, 9 jackets, and 5 pairs of boots, those alone would be enough to buy a new bike. :panic:

Do you bargain shop and/or impulse buy things off the WERA boards or other classifieds? Or have you bought all these from retail shops/sites?

Amber Lamps 02-06-2009 07:26 PM

Mostly bargain shop. I got a Shark Helmet for $100 for example... Most of my jackets are Icon. For example,I have two Accelerant jackets,one perferated and one normal. I only paid $265 ea for them. I have the Icon Neo-Daytona Hero jacket in blue/gold and the 24k gold TiMax gloves I got for $250 for both. Plus I've been riding for going on 30 years and I rarely throw gear away...

Mrs. Colleen 02-06-2009 08:03 PM

If my husband and I were not both into riding and cars we may have a lot more. But with 3 cars, two bikes, and both of us having a track addiction we keep the gear to the a complete set each.

My husband wants to get a new helmet and a one piece suit...but we also just paid off the vette (:rockwoot:) and will be getting the Miata's suspension upgraded soon. :panic:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamerhaw (Post 158492)
1st , New with tags, Womens Alpinestars Stella Leather jacket

That is the jacket I have...same color too. Too bad it is not red....

tommymac 02-07-2009 07:54 AM

man I thought I had a lot of gear. Def some good stuff there. Righ tnow I am lookin got upgrade a few things. have 3 helmets although my arai is about to be retired. 3 pairs of gloves including hte gerbings, but I want ot get a new pair of street gloves. A leather 2 piece, a mesh jacket and a textile jacket and textile pants. I will also be getting 2 pairs of the reinforced cargo pants.

Prolly no track for me this year so I need to focus more on commuting, our upstate day rides and a little bit of touring.

BTW yammer where did you get the shelfs your helmets are on I would love ot ge tmy hands on something like that.

Tom

Yamerhaw 02-07-2009 11:01 PM

okay here's the complete list:

1 Joe rocket 2 piece leathers
1 AGV 2 piece leathers
1 Teknic Leather Jacket
2 Joe Rocket textile Jackets
1 First Gear textile jacket
1 Rain suit
11 Helmets, 6 Shoei, 1 AGV, 2 Fulmer, 1 Cirus, 1 HJC
3 pairs of boots, 1 Alpinestars supertech, 1 alpinestars SMX Plus, 1 Diadora
5 pairs of gloves, 3 alpinestars, 1 Joe Rocket, 1 winter/cold weather
1 teknic back protector

some under armour, and a neck thingys that keep your face and neck warm

ZUKIMON 02-08-2009 07:09 PM

I don't have much.

5 helmets; 2 Shoei's, 1 Fulmer, my wife's AFX and an Xtrex offroad helmet.
1 jacket; Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0, red and black to match my bike.
Couple different pairs of gloves for different weather/rain.

I would like to have a good pair of riding boots, leathers and or a nice leather jacket. I have too much going out paying a mortage, vehicles, wheeling and kids to get much of what I want all at once. :D

Yamerhaw 03-01-2009 09:03 PM

damn just bought another Shoei, RF 1000 this time, anybody got one, how do they fit compared to RF 800, 900?