Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   uh oh, chrysler closing ALL plants for 1 mos (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=4547)

tached1000rr 12-17-2008 10:46 PM

Sucks, the permanent full time employees will continue to be paid during the shut down, slightly less than their regular wages.... I'm originally from Detroit, and most of my family worked in those plants, most have retired but a few are sure to be at home chillin for at least a month if not longer.

Dnyce 12-18-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 129300)
Anyone want to go to congress with me, I am asking for a billion for myself.

im down, if i dont have to pay it back....

Corey 12-18-2008 02:04 AM

Is there a pool on if they'll actually reopen again?

ducati_atx 12-18-2008 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 129441)
Sucks, the permanent full time employees will continue to be paid during the shut down, slightly less than their regular wages.... I'm originally from Detroit, and most of my family worked in those plants, most have retired but a few are sure to be at home chillin for at least a month if not longer.

Gettin paid to sit on ones rear..... gotta wonder why people think unions destroyed those companies.

JoshuaTree 12-18-2008 07:31 AM

Since Daimler dumped Chrysler into its own entity, it's only been a matter of time before it was chopped up and sold. I'd bet that the month's downtime is just to do inventory and to formalize an already "agreed in principle" sale. The Jeep division is likely worth the most money to another brand. The Truck Division might make for a good capacity augment for an existing brand that wants capacity here in the US. The Car Divisions? Meh. Chopped and sold. Its Kekorian's way...

Papa_Complex 12-18-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducati_atx (Post 129303)
Dumb question:

Do the unions still require that chrysler pay the union employees during a shutdown? I thought they were.

Obviously this would save them material cost and supply/demand issues with the pricing of their cars.

I believe that they still do. It means that they won't be producing cars that won't sell and won't have to light, and heat the facilities that they close. That'll save them a bundle.

RACER X 12-18-2008 08:14 AM

i heard the normally get 2 weeks during x-mas anyways, paid i'm sure........i would bet the next 2 are paid as well.

Rsv1000R 12-18-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducati_atx (Post 129290)
guess alot more people are going to be around to stick out their hands asking for some bailout money.

Just what do you think will happen if they all close?

Do you think that'll cost less than a bailout loan?

Rider 12-18-2008 08:42 AM

I believe Ford is closing for 3 weeks as well.

2up 12-18-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 129561)
i heard the normally get 2 weeks during x-mas anyways, paid i'm sure........i would bet the next 2 are paid as well.

I know for sure they do close for at least a week during the holidays. That is a standard across the board in automotive. That's the only thing I miss about that industry, normal vaca that you accrue, and then that bonus week between Christmas and New Years.