Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   canada- video- haulin the mail-"mom's bike" arrested (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21537)

askmrjesus 07-14-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 515900)
186 my ass.

Homeboy must be running a 50+ tooth rear sprocket.

No, homeboy would be running a smaller rear sprocket for more top end speed.

JC

fasternyou929 07-14-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 515951)
No, homeboy would be running a smaller rear sprocket for more top end speed.

JC

You're both right, you just misinterpreted shmike's post. If he were running stock gearing (or even worse, a smaller rear sprocket) he wouldn't have that kind of accelleration at 300kmh, and it'd take him miles to get there.

Dude's running a big rear sprocket and everyone is going by speed indicated, which is all but useless. The hash lines and other traffic would be damn near indistinguishable if he were truly running 186mph.

Homeslice 07-15-2012 12:09 AM

Nice...

Dude deserves jail time, but I admire his bravery

And please tell me how that video (or any "witnesses") was enough to identify who the rider was? Total BS.

RedRider2k2 07-15-2012 11:24 AM

There's been a lot to this story.

They basically knew who did it right from the start (This guy was known, plus public tips) They I.Ded the bike by markings on it in the video. Scratches and such that were visible in the Video and on the bike after they seized it. They couldnt prove who was riding it though and unless he cracks and confesses I don't think they can prove it yet.

The bike is registered (No insurance) in his mother's name. She owns it so she was hit with about $1500 in fines. The officers said they basically planned to tie it up in so much legal BS that he would never get it back.

Gas Man 07-15-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 515900)
186 my ass.

Homeboy must be running a 50+ tooth rear sprocket.

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 515904)
It didn't look that fast to me either, possibly in the 140-150 range

Yeah indicated speed is BS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 515959)
Nice...

Dude deserves jail time, but I admire his bravery

And please tell me how that video (or any "witnesses") was enough to identify who the rider was? Total BS.

Still but how can somebody be prosecuted by a video. Think about all the stunting videos that went around. I saw a State LEO up here (MSP) on the news stating they can't prosecute because it wasn't witnessed by an LEO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 (Post 515967)
There's been a lot to this story.

They basically knew who did it right from the start (This guy was known, plus public tips) They I.Ded the bike by markings on it in the video. Scratches and such that were visible in the Video and on the bike after they seized it. They couldnt prove who was riding it though and unless he cracks and confesses I don't think they can prove it yet.

The bike is registered (No insurance) in his mother's name. She owns it so she was hit with about $1500 in fines. The officers said they basically planned to tie it up in so much legal BS that he would never get it back.

Again, they are going to tie it up based on what? It's BS!

Gas Man 07-15-2012 03:58 PM

Oh and that video wasn't that impressive. His speed wasn't that high, I'm thinking 130-140 ish.

sure his lane splitting was dumb but... again. Can't believe they would get anything to stick in court.

Homeslice 07-15-2012 04:28 PM

The only reason they're pursuing this so heavily is because they're pissed that a guy would flaunt it on Youtube. They take it personally --- it's an affront to their manlihood and their "author-i-TAY". And they will harrass and violate his privacy until they get what they want. Meanwhile, all their other investigations will get neglected.

Gas Man 07-15-2012 04:34 PM

Exactly.... I get that but I don't see how any court of common sense won't just laugh at their charges.

Gas Man 07-27-2012 04:58 AM

he turned himself in to the LEO

Particle Man 08-04-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 516792)
he turned himself in to the LEO

Probably safer with them than getting his ass beat from the shame.