Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Dirt (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   ATV Gear Rec? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13812)

Cutty72 03-18-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 350752)
OK that is a different story.

To put thing in perspective, utility quads are the Harleys of ATV'ing.

Required gear is shorts, tank top and a beer in hand. Helmets are frowned upon unless required by law.

Clearly you are very experienced in 4x4 quadding... :skep:

the chi 03-18-2010 04:25 PM

Hell no, I aint wearing shorts. I like my legs, they look good without scars from tree linbs and brambles. :skep:

At minimum I'll be wearing helmet, boots, and some eyewear so I can flipping see through whatever mud I happen to be playing in. Long sleeves will usually be worn as well unless I opt for wife beater. :wink:

Any preferences on goggles?

dReWpY 03-18-2010 04:26 PM

oakley

Cutty72 03-18-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 350754)
Hell no, I aint wearing shorts. I like my legs, they look good without scars from tree linbs and brambles. :skep:

At minimum I'll be wearing helmet, boots, and some eyewear so I can flipping see through whatever mud I happen to be playing in. :wink:

I would like to see you all muddy like this :dribble: :boobs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 350755)
oakley

x2

Scott is also good

shmike 03-18-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 350754)

My wife loves her Dragon goggles.

Mine are Scott.

Trail riding will tear goggles up in no time (scratches). Using tear-offs can help prolong their life.

I can't justify $70+ for a pair of goggles that may get trashed after just a handful of rides.

TYEster 03-18-2010 06:52 PM

I vote Oaks also...

But since you're sticking to simple stuff, any goggle will do.

Bluestreak 03-18-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 350748)
gloves, boots, chest protector, helmet, goggles

This.

I got the wife a Yamaha TTR125 as a wedding gift. She crashed alot. We ended up selling it when times got tough.

Moral of the story is the chest protector saved her more than once. I wouldn't let her on it with out all the gear Drewpy just listed.

I've been riding quads for 20 years. If I'm doing serious riding, I completely gear up. If I'm just out for a nice leisurely tour of the back 40, I squid it!

Another vote for Scott goggles.

Rider 03-19-2010 08:19 AM

MX helmet, goggles, good boots, gloves, kidney belt, and some MX pants are what you need at a minimum. You can get an MX shirt for cheap.. the ones with the elbow pads sewn in. Unless you are riding with other riders and they are throwing some big roost, you wont need a chest protector, or knee guards.

Make sure you get MX pants with the hip pads in them.

the chi 03-19-2010 08:26 AM

Okay, I gotta ask, other than the obvious (protection) why would I need special pants and shirt to go ride down a dirt or mud trail?

Boots, I get, helmet and goggles I get, but whats wrong with a sturdy long sleeve shirt and good jeans?

(Im not planning on jumping obstacles or racing. I may hit a tree on occassion or a shrubbery but thats about all im in for right now.)

Rider 03-19-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 350914)
Okay, I gotta ask, other than the obvious (protection) why would I need special pants and shirt to go ride down a dirt or mud trail?

Boots, I get, helmet and goggles I get, but whats wrong with a sturdy long sleeve shirt and good jeans?

(Im not planning on jumping obstacles or racing. I may hit a tree on occassion or a shrubbery but thats about all im in for right now.)

The pants have protection in them as do the shirts.Plus the pants are far more durable than a pair of jeans. The shirts are light and keep you cool as well and will wick the sweat away form you body.