Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   5 Interesting Facts from Harley-Davidson’s Annual Report (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18384)

Trip 03-04-2011 12:31 PM

HD will find itself in a different market in a few decades. Sorry GM, you live in a bubble. The rest of the country doesn't care about the "American" brand like you Michigan people do. That's ya'll shit. In Tennessee, we build VWs, Toyotas, and a lot of other "imports." These are more American to us than your Michigan built Fords, because they put food on our tables and our region benefits from them.

I doubt the cult will ever put HD in a spot where they have to close, but I see it shrinking as the boomers start dying off.

Homeslice 03-04-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrant (Post 452634)
Despite the moaning and groaning from the Bar & Shield loyal about Wandell’s non-motorcycle riding lifestyle,

Typical for car and bike companies to hire senior leadership from non-automotive companies. It's a sign they don't think it's necessary to have people in place who actually understand the product. Mega fail.

HD's only hope is with smaller bikes. Sorry but full-dress cruisers are a dying market. Only middle-aged white men buy them, and white people are declining.

goof2 03-04-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 454386)
HD will find itself in a different market in a few decades. Sorry GM, you live in a bubble. The rest of the country doesn't care about the "American" brand like you Michigan people do. That's ya'll shit. In Tennessee, we build VWs, Toyotas, and a lot of other "imports." These are more American to us than your Michigan built Fords, because they put food on our tables and our region benefits from them.

I doubt the cult will ever put HD in a spot where they have to close, but I see it shrinking as the boomers start dying off.

That is also why you will continue to see HD doing things like building that factory in, if I'm remembering correctly, India. There is a lot of uncertainty about the American market while in places like India and China there seems to be more sustained interest in American nostalgia combined with a steadily increasing number of people over there who can afford it.

Hydrant 03-04-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 454377)
you'd look good on a Harley Geoff.

:chopper::whistle:

Thanks.

I won't lie, it has crossed my mind to get a cruiser (probably wouldn't be a HD) of some sort just for cruising around. I'd keep the TL.

Trip 03-04-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 454444)
That is also why you will continue to see HD doing things like building that factory in, if I'm remembering correctly, India. There is a lot of uncertainty about the American market while in places like India and China there seems to be more sustained interest in American nostalgia combined with a steadily increasing number of people over there who can afford it.

Yeah, HD will definitely need to go outside the US to keep it's market share.

Dave 03-04-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 454449)
Yeah, HD will definitely need to go outside the US to keep it's market share.

As would any potential new american motorcycle company.

Trip 03-04-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 454451)
As would any potential new american motorcycle company.

Do we really need one. I am fine with what we have to choose from in the foreign market.

marko138 03-04-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 454453)
Do we really need one. I am fine with what we have to choose from in the foreign market.

Not everyone wants a foreign bike.

Trip 03-04-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 454461)
Not everyone wants a foreign bike.

Want and Need are two very different things. We don't need one, we have plenty of options without any more brands on the market. Where it is built won't effect most people's decision, it wouldn't even be a consideration for me.

marko138 03-04-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 454464)
Want and Need are two very different things. We don't need one, we have plenty of options without any more brands on the market. Where it is built won't effect most people's decision, it wouldn't even be a consideration for me.

Foreign bikes aren't a consideration for me.