Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Kicked some fuckers door in (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19608)

Rangerscott 07-04-2011 11:30 AM

I was in the right lane and a dude in car was in the middle lane. I was even with his engine compartment so I was in his peripheral vision. The fucker started switching into my lane and NEVER looked. I stuck my left fist out and waved my fingers up and down (wave off) and he actually understood.

It's AMAZING how many people don't use their peripheral vision. Do eye docs even check that these days?

Particle Man 07-04-2011 06:27 PM

I was just wondering what boots and whether they absorbed the impact without scuffing or other nastiness.

101lifts2 07-05-2011 03:00 AM

So he changed lanes to gain 3 car lengths?

Eh...happens. The guy just didn't see you. What I hate is when they purposesly cut you off, but I've gotton real good at owning them because in CA you can basically go where ever you want on a bike. lol

Phenix_Rider 07-05-2011 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 479807)
I was just wondering what boots and whether they absorbed the impact without scuffing or other nastiness.

Sidi Typhoons. I didn't feel anything serious, and to be honest I haven't looked for scuffs LOL. They're my do-everything boots- including hiking to waterfalls :rockwoot:

tommymac 07-05-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 479898)
So he changed lanes to gain 3 car lengths?

Eh...happens. The guy just didn't see you. What I hate is when they purposesly cut you off, but I've gotton real good at owning them because in CA you can basically go where ever you want on a bike. lol

thats how things are in NYC. I have seen people do some ridiculous stuff just to gain a car length or 2 and think to myself was that realy worth it had htey caused an accident.

Homeslice 07-05-2011 07:30 AM

I like the idiots who know they need to be in your lane to make their turn, but instead of staying in it, they pull up alongside you to try and beat you when the light turns green, even though their turn is only 100 yards ahead.

tommymac 07-05-2011 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 479906)
I like the idiots who know they need to be in your lane to make their turn, but instead of staying in it, they pull up alongside you to try and beat you when the light turns green, even though their turn is only 100 yards ahead.

See that a lot too, and its more fun on the bike since we can out accelerate most cars out there anyway. Sometimes I iwll mess with them and other times I iwll jus tlet them go and let them think they won and keep them from wanting to run me off the road.

Phenix_Rider 07-05-2011 09:15 AM

I usually don't have problems that a judicious application of throttle won't solve.

This is the first time I had NOWHERE to go.

The nice thing is, in most of south philly, they're painting in bike lanes. Yeah, yeah they're supposed to be for pedal poopers, but whatever. Unfortunately, you get ass-clowns that double park in the bike lane and median and hog half the remaining lane. So instead of parking, bike lane, and one or two lanes, you get parking, asshole, and half or one-and-a-half lanes.
:wtfru:

tallywacker 07-05-2011 10:56 AM

People that park in bike lanes need their car destroyed

tommymac 07-05-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 479936)
People that park in bike lanes need their car destroyed

Does this mean that motorcycle thieves deserve to die too :lol: