Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What is going to be your next bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3789)

HokieDNA01 11-23-2008 05:27 PM

Well I love the bike I have but I wouldn't mind getting another 06-08 GSXr for the track (a salvaged title one so I won't cry as much if it goes down). I would also really like a motard. I just have a lot of trouble getting my short legs over one so I'm not sure which kind I would like. Any suggestions. I think Yamaha just came out with a 250 motard, Just wish it didn't have a 35+ inch seat height.

SteveP 11-23-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 106801)

Aprilia RS125 fully tricked out by AF1 Racing in New Braunfels, Texas - I'll see how far AF1 can go with this bad boy.

These things look amazing and I'm sure it will be a blast on the track.

Dave 11-23-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift (Post 106786)
Brakes+Trans+Slipper far > then those on the R6.

Motor is down about 4-5 hp though.

debaffle, punch the cat and jumper mod it. whole different bike. FB consistantly raves about them

Shift 11-23-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 106842)
debaffle, punch the cat and jumper mod it. whole different bike. FB consistantly raves about them

No need for sly mods, except the jumper. Even after the jumper it's still down on hp to every other bike. I'm up and over 115 rwhp now so doesn't matter to me much anyways.

PhiSig1071 11-23-2008 06:04 PM

One of two things, if my budget will allow it'll be a KTM Superduke, if my budget wont allow then I'm going to franken-bike the shit out of a Ducati 1000DS and turn it into a freaky, naked, solo streetfighter with clip-on's.

Hokie, if you ever make it my way you can take the KTM for a spin. I'll bet you could handle it. They're tall, but they're light, so you don't need more than one foot or tip-toes to hold it up.

Also planning on picking up an XS650 for a rat-bobber project. But that wont be my "next" bike, just a project I'll have.

Dave 11-23-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shift (Post 106850)
No need for sly mods, except the jumper. Even after the jumper it's still down on hp to every other bike. I'm up and over 115 rwhp now so doesn't matter to me much anyways.

some of them run like balls on the jumper without it. riderrage's sure did.

Archren 11-23-2008 06:06 PM

I already own my "dream" bike, as far as superbikes go..

But it's definitely not an all-around bike.

I'd like to own a supermotard of some flavor.. and something else to do long distance on. Haven't totally determined *what* yet, but you know.. :shrug:

Cass 11-23-2008 06:09 PM

I'm to a point where I'd like to do some light touring and have been moderately lusting after a BMW R1200R, yes the nekkid one. Very few faired bikes are aesthetically pleasing to me :shrug: After that I'd love a supermoto to hooligan around on :D

NONE_too_SOFT 11-23-2008 06:11 PM

whatever is the best deal and i can afford.

i usually keep my sights on hondas, yami's, and gixxers, in that order.

tlstreak 11-23-2008 08:07 PM

I want to own a nice Ducati once. Not an everyday rider. Just to have in the garage and ride on those really nice summer days. Probably a Monster of the liter type. As of right now, I just want to finish the street fighter conversion on the 929 and have fun. After owning a bike I loved with alot of money invested, my goal is to build the 929 into something just as fun with as little money as possible. So far after selling part of the body work, I think I have less than 2500 invested.