Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Your philosophy on wearing gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=51)

marko138 02-27-2008 02:21 PM

You guys do realize most injuries occur below the waist?

neebelung 02-27-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 1388)

I actually didn't know that, and, thinking about the 6 friends involved in accidents over the last 18 months or so, it's not quite the case.

1 - died (helmet, full leathers)
2 - shattered face, broken ribs, two broken femurs, two broken ankles and I can't even remember what else (he's literally sporting about $2M in titanium now -- and yes, he's riding again) - helmet, textile jacket, jeans, Icon Motorhead boots (he came OUT of the boots on impact)
3 - dislocated shoulder
4 - Broken arm, clavicle, I think a couple cracked ribs (helmet, jacket with spine protector underneath, jeans, boots)
5 - died (no helmet, no leathers)
6 - broken arm & fingers (helmet, leather jacket, jeans, boots)

I'm not saying this to be argumentative; I honestly have never heard that most injuries occur below the belt, that's all.

marko138 02-27-2008 02:57 PM

Of course, I have no factual evidence to back that up. Just something I heard. Makes sense to me....:idk:

dReWpY 02-27-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 1390)
I actually didn't know that, and, thinking about the 6 friends involved in accidents over the last 18 months or so, it's not quite the case.

1 - died (helmet, full leathers)
2 - shattered face, broken ribs, two broken femurs, two broken ankles and I can't even remember what else (he's literally sporting about $2M in titanium now -- and yes, he's riding again) - helmet, textile jacket, jeans, Icon Motorhead boots (he came OUT of the boots on impact)
3 - dislocated shoulder
4 - Broken arm, clavicle, I think a couple cracked ribs (helmet, jacket with spine protector underneath, jeans, boots)
5 - died (no helmet, no leathers)
6 - broken arm & fingers (helmet, leather jacket, jeans, boots)

I'm not saying this to be argumentative; I honestly have never heard that most injuries occur below the belt, that's all.

makes me not want to be your friend, they have horrible luck...

neebelung 02-27-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 1397)
makes me not want to be your friend, they have horrible luck...

:lol: Well when you take into account Florida has the highest number of motorcyclists per capita in the U.S., and that there's a REALLY active sportbike scene here, I guess it goes with the territory.

Add to that, Florida drivers... well... suck donkey ballz (the two that died, and the last one who broke his arm, were all hit by vehicles).

Mr Lefty 02-27-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 1388)

never heard that before... :idk:

but when I rode it was EVERYWHERE... and I can't fit my riding pants over my uniform. so when I head to and from work I don't have riding pants on... and when I was go'n out with a friend there... I just wore Jeans... especially if she and I were going to a party or going to the bar.

:idk:

Rider 02-27-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 1447)
never heard that before... :idk:

but when I rode it was EVERYWHERE... and I can't fit my riding pants over my uniform. so when I head to and from work I don't have riding pants on... and when I was go'n out with a friend there... I just wore Jeans... especially if she and I were going to a party or going to the bar.

:idk:

Going to the bar on your bike? :skep:

Mr Lefty 02-27-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 1452)
Going to the bar on your bike? :skep:

shit nothing else to do... and no not to drink... just to bs with friends... usually we'd start at the bar then end up at the pool hall... and most bar's in AK had Awesome and cheap food!

Rider 02-27-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 1461)
shit nothing else to do... and no not to drink... just to bs with friends... usually we'd start at the bar then end up at the pool hall... and most bar's in AK had Awesome and cheap food!

:dthumb: I'm just fucking with you. :twfix:

Mr Lefty 02-27-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 1469)
:dthumb: I'm just fucking with you. :twfix:

naw I know... :lol: :jump: