Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Top 5 Mods for motorcycles (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=289)

ceo012384 03-05-2008 01:04 AM

1. Rider training / track days
2. Tires
3. Suspension
4. Rider fitness
5. Brakes

Mr Lefty 03-05-2008 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 8195)
Reduction in rotational mass and unsprung weight... improves braking and accelleration due to the brakes and engine not having to work as hard... (sorta like if you put 20's on your car and don't change the brakes your car is harder to get going and harder to stop)... Not having all that weight rotating also greatly reduces gyroscopic forces improving turn-in and general manuverability... Unsprung weight allows the suspension to work better...

true... but the diffrence between the stock and light weight wheels gonna be that big a diffrence? there's no doubt that there is a diffrence... but to rank it #2 seems kinda high IMO...

I think that's what NtS was trying to say too...

DLIT 03-05-2008 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 8353)
true... but the diffrence between the stock and light weight wheels gonna be that big a diffrence? there's no doubt that there is a diffrence... but to rank it #2 seems kinda high IMO...

Good point. To add $1200 a peice wheels isn't that high of a priority. Maybe if you have the extra cash and maybe if you're a competitive racer that needs any edge they can get. But not for your everyday track day rider. I don't think I'll ever buy aftermarket wheels.

OneSickPsycho 03-05-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 8353)

Everything I've read... Yes, it will make a big difference...

DLIT 03-05-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 8483)

I think it would too.

dReWpY 03-05-2008 09:43 AM

but a 1200 dollar differance? once the basics of exhuast, engine maps, wheels suspenstion, rider training, and the creature comforts are done then i would consider it

DLIT 03-05-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 8544)
but a 1200 dollar differance? once the basics of exhuast, engine maps, wheels suspenstion, rider training, and the creature comforts are done then i would consider it

Exactly. Unless I'm running at the head of the pack during RACES, I might consider it, but won't because I'm just a track day whore.

Mr Lefty 03-05-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 8483)

see below
Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 8544)

exactly... I don't doubt it's a noticeable diffrence but I meant it's kinda steep price for what you get when you can do so much other stuff first that combined will make just as much difference if not more for less $

shit Suspension to me would be #1 and far above wheels interms of value... just setting a stock suspension right will make a HUGE difference

OneSickPsycho 03-05-2008 09:20 PM

From what I've read it's a VERY noticeable and dramatic difference... I'd like someone who's actually rocked some CF's to chime in...

Mr Lefty 03-05-2008 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 9153)
From what I've read it's a VERY noticeable and dramatic difference... I'd like someone who's actually rocked some CF's to chime in...

where's azoomm? didn't she say she had them in her mod list?