Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Dirt (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2008 Kx450F or Yz450F? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17934)

Tmall 01-23-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 444435)
My point is, that for trail riding a trail bike is so much better and easier to live with.

And I'm alright with that. I might not need a Ferrari to go get coffee, doesn't mean I still wouldn't like it.

Apoc 01-23-2011 12:53 PM

Grats on the new KX man. And dont listen to anyone here. You know damn well you wont be happy unless you go with the biggest and baddest. :p

TYEster 01-23-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 444435)
My point is, that for trail riding a trail bike is so much better and easier to live with.

I know I told him over PM.

But it is what it is.

Apoc 01-23-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 444457)
I know I told him over PM.

But it is what it is.

Dude. We grew up in the countryside. We both have a ton of experience in dirt (mostly 2 strokes). You guys make it sound like he doesnt know what he's getting into. He asked for advice on 2 different bikes, not advice on how many CC's he should get.

I wouldnt buy anything less than a 450f for dirt either. And yes, I have ridden them on multiple occasions.

TYEster 01-23-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 444460)
Dude. We grew up in the countryside. We both have a ton of experience in dirt (mostly 2 strokes). You guys make it sound like he doesnt know what he's getting into. He asked for advice on 2 different bikes, not advice on how many CC's he should get.

I wouldnt buy anything less than a 450f for dirt either. And yes, I have ridden them on multiple occasions.

Ok that's great. Have fun with it, it's not my life so I don't care lol.

I just simply stated if you have 0 experience, it will be too much.

Apoc 01-23-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 444473)
Ok that's great. Have fun with it, it's not my life so I don't care lol.

I just simply stated if you have 0 experience, it will be too much.

And he's stated, in this thread already, that he has more than zero experience. Much more.

We grew up in a town where its as easy to get around with a dirtbike as it is with a car. When city kids were riding bicycles, we were riding dirtbikes, quads, and sleds. Off road is nothing new to him or I. I dunno why thats so hard for you guys to understand. I dunno where you get this zero experience idea.

And after riding my friend Cliffords yz450f. i'd have to say its pretty docile compared to 250 and 500 2-strokes.

Tmall 01-23-2011 05:26 PM

I was thinking about stretching and lowering it. Also thought about polishing the expansion chamber after I rejet the carb and set the gap on the points.

Apoc 01-23-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 444500)
I was thinking about stretching and lowering it. Also thought about polishing the expansion chamber after I rejet the carb and set the gap on the points.

Dont forget the chrome and tassles.

TYEster 01-23-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 444494)
And he's stated, in this thread already, that he has more than zero experience. Much more.

We grew up in a town where its as easy to get around with a dirtbike as it is with a car. When city kids were riding bicycles, we were riding dirtbikes, quads, and sleds. Off road is nothing new to him or I. I dunno why thats so hard for you guys to understand. I dunno where you get this zero experience idea.

And after riding my friend Cliffords yz450f. i'd have to say its pretty docile compared to 250 and 500 2-strokes.

Alright, I'm done here.

Apoc 01-23-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYEster (Post 444551)
Alright, I'm done here.

Thats fine. You still never answered the original question though.

I dont want you to take this the wrong way, because we've been friends here and cf for a long time, but how can you judge what other people should ride when you have never even ridden with them?

If there was a reason behind your opinions, i'd put a little more stock in them. But your talking like your the only person here who rides dirt, and acting like he couldnt possibly handle a 450, when you have no idea what his riding skills are in the first place.

I mean seriously, you've been riding dirt for what, 5 years? We've been doing it since we were 5 years old. We know the difference between a trail and dirt bike, and where each excels. We arent the idiots you seem to be trying to make us out to be.