Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tyres? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1547)

NONE_too_SOFT 05-26-2008 10:31 PM

my tires are coming tomorrow, cant wait to step up from the dunlops i have on right now. I'm not really unhappy with the way the dunlops handle, they havent slipped on me or anything, but they just have a terrible fall in and really make you fight to lean hard.

i've still got 3-4k left on my rear and more on the front. i'll keep em, maybe sell em off to someone in need.

Rider 05-27-2008 08:47 AM

I'm close to 5K on my PP's and the front is almost shot as well.

Are the Dunlop Qualifiers any good? There is a local shop here going out of business that is selling them real cheap.

Amber Lamps 05-27-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 46016)

Are the Dunlop Qualifiers any good? There is a local shop here going out of business that is selling them real cheap.

Hey,who's going out of business? Anyway,I liked the Dunlops better than the Bridgestones but not as much as the Pirellis. Grip is adaquate,very stable but a bit sluggish on initial turn in,quick warm-up. Alot of people don't like them but I felt they did a good job.

Trip 05-27-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 46016)

They are not very good. They constantly felt slick to me and I could step the rear out with out much trouble at all. Wear was subpar as well.

Rider 05-27-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 46028)
Hey,who's going out of business? Anyway,I liked the Dunlops better than the Bridgestones but not as much as the Pirellis. Grip is adaquate,very stable but a bit sluggish on initial turn in,quick warm-up. Alot of people don't like them but I felt they did a good job.

Powersports Parts on Division.

Amber Lamps 05-27-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 46029)
They are not very good. They constantly felt slick to me and I could step the rear out with out much trouble at all. Wear was subpar as well.

Well,far be it for me to argue with Trip but I've hated ANY tire Dunlop has put out for over 20 years until the Qualifier. I honestly think they are "ok" for the average rider doing average riding. I don't think they are great or anything but I went back to them from Michelins....

NONE_too_SOFT 05-27-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 46028)

my sentiments on the tire exactly.

They are at the lower end of the spectrum as far as "sport" tires go, but they aren't "bad". just dont own up to what Michelin or Pirelli puts out.

t-homo 05-27-2008 10:17 AM

Right now my bike has Shinko Advance tires on it. I haven't been able to do a ton of twisties at all, but what I have done it feels like I have to fuckin work to get the bike to turn into the corner. I'm sure part of that is going from a blast to an R1 though.

Trip 05-27-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 46034)
Well,far be it for me to argue with Trip but I've hated ANY tire Dunlop has put out for over 20 years until the Qualifier. I honestly think they are "ok" for the average rider doing average riding. I don't think they are great or anything but I went back to them from Michelins....

I would agree with that statement, they are an okay tire. I tried them out once, only got about 3k out of them before I made it to the wear bars and started having serious traction problems. Compared to 4-5k with a PP. They are not an excellent tire, but average. If I could snag them for a great price, I would probably try em again.

NONE_too_SOFT 05-27-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 46043)
Right now my bike has Shinko Advance tires on it. I haven't been able to do a ton of twisties at all, but what I have done it feels like I have to fuckin work to get the bike to turn into the corner. I'm sure part of that is going from a blast to an R1 though.

shinko tires are the cheapest tire out there for a reason.