Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   For those that don't know about the latest Ducati... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17792)

nhgunnut 01-05-2011 07:51 AM

While I find myself in agreement with FnFalman as far as the difficulty of out performing a V Rod, I can't help but feel Ducati Built "Dumbed Down" Bike for the american market. When I first heard about this bike I thought is was going to be a Busa Killer instead well a V Rod? WTF

fnfalman 01-05-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 439131)
While I find myself in agreement with FnFalman as far as the difficulty of out performing a V Rod, I can't help but feel Ducati Built "Dumbed Down" Bike for the american market. When I first heard about this bike I thought is was going to be a Busa Killer instead well a V Rod? WTF

Gotta chase the moolah, I suppose. At least they curved the rear tire so that the bike wouldn't have to crawl through the corners, but had anyone here tried to hustle a V-Rod through the corners? Even the Street Rod was a "hog" to hustle through some gentle corners. This bike is lighter and probably shorter so it wouldn't be as bad, but I doubt that it would be a pleasant experience. No matter what Ducati says, that's still a 240 rear tire.

So, why would a true riding enthusiast want this "thing"? The answer is that the true enthusiasts wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft pole. The wannabes that don't want to ride American or Japanese cruisers are going to be the ones buying this "thing".

Dave 01-05-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 439193)
Gotta chase the moolah, I suppose. At least they curved the rear tire so that the bike wouldn't have to crawl through the corners, but had anyone here tried to hustle a V-Rod through the corners? Even the Street Rod was a "hog" to hustle through some gentle corners. This bike is lighter and probably shorter so it wouldn't be as bad, but I doubt that it would be a pleasant experience. No matter what Ducati says, that's still a 240 rear tire.

So, why would a true riding enthusiast want this "thing"? The answer is that the true enthusiasts wouldn't touch it with a 10-ft pole. The wannabes that don't want to ride American or Japanese cruisers are going to be the ones buying this "thing".

Two wheel equivelant of a porsche cayenne

MILK 01-05-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 439034)
It doesn't take much to kill a V-Rod in either sales figure or performance.

Riding one was what killed it for me! :lol:

Trip 01-05-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MILK (Post 439288)
Riding one

Well you were doing it completely wrong, it needs to be parked out in front of Hooters on Bike Night to properly enjoy it. Fail!

Rider 01-05-2011 01:42 PM

Looks like 700lbs of poo.

Rangerscott 01-06-2011 02:02 AM

I don't know. The body has the looks of a stubby streetfighter, but not liking the rake on the front end and maybe if the rear wheel was moved forward some more.

MILK 01-06-2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 439289)
Well you were doing it completely wrong, it needs to be parked out in front of Hooters on Bike Night to properly enjoy it. Fail!

:lol

OneSickPsycho 01-06-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 439193)

Bullshit. I'd ride the piss out of it... CW projects a possible 0-60 of 2.5s given power to weight ratio and a 60/40 front/rear weight bias... S1000R = 2.9s...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 439298)
Looks like 700lbs of poo.

Try 500.

Everybody's got a big hard on (or off) for this machine despite the fact that nobody has ridden it... I don't judge a book by it's cover... This thing could be AMAZING. Is it going to handle like a SS? No, but that doesn't mean it's not going to handle. Max lean angle is 41º IIRC, not too shabby.

The bike isn't a cruiser, a power cruiser, or a sportbike... it's something in between... it's ok if you think it's ugly, but you can't say it's a piece of shit until someone actually rides it... otherwise you're just talking out your ass.

Trip 01-06-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 439508)
Bullshit. I'd ride the piss out of it... CW projects a possible 0-60 of 2.5s given power to weight ratio and a 60/40 front/rear weight bias... S1000R = 2.9s...

Try 500.

Everybody's got a big hard on (or off) for this machine despite the fact that nobody has ridden it... I don't judge a book by it's cover... This thing could be AMAZING. Is it going to handle like a SS? No, but that doesn't mean it's not going to handle. Max lean angle is 41º IIRC, not too shabby.

The bike isn't a cruiser, a power cruiser, or a sportbike... it's something in between... it's ok if you think it's ugly, but you can't say it's a piece of shit until someone actually rides it... otherwise you're just talking out your ass.

It's a piece of shit.