Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Southern Rally 2011 - Little Switzerland in September (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16894)

derf 07-17-2011 08:12 PM

I'm probably going to be down there the week before, I might even head into Mississipi for work that monday -wedensday, i'll let you know as time gets closer

Gas Man 07-17-2011 08:19 PM

You thinking of joining me north of you in VA?

derf 07-17-2011 09:12 PM

If i dont go down to miss I might just meet you in detroit

Gas Man 07-17-2011 09:47 PM

Cool, let me know.

Captain Morgan 07-17-2011 11:56 PM

I swear I posted in here about an hour ago, but nothing is showing up. Weird. Anyway, I start classes Aug 24. One class is M, W, F from 10 to 10:50am. The other is a web class. Provided there aren't any tests scheduled that would get in the way, I'll be there (especially since Trip took my schedule with my daughter into consideration when he planned this). I might be able to skip either a Fri or Mon class, but not both. Depending on the schedule, I'll either head down Fri immediately after class or be able to leave Thurs, but have to head home Sun to make the Mon class. I won't know until I get the syllabus for each class. Hell, even if I have to leave Fri right after class and then head home Sun afternoon, I'll be there for part of the festivities.

Gas Man 07-18-2011 08:54 PM

Well let me know Avery. You could possibly meet up with us in ohio. Not sure how it fits in with your trip.

marko138 07-20-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 481787)
Planning the trip. Get to Front Royal, VA; ensuring I go thru WV. Should make it there in 1 day.

Then BRP all the way to Little Switzerland and at 13hrs (440 miles) I will plan on 2 days to make the trek via the BRP. Does this sound ok boys & girls?

Here's my plot
Google Map

Anybody want to join me? Capt? Derf? NE boys? Could meet me in VA.

Hell ya...you'll be close to my cousin's tattoo shop heading down through VA.

Gas Man 07-21-2011 09:08 PM

Sweet! Won't be coming back the same way.

marko138 07-21-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 482423)
Sweet! Won't be coming back the same way.

Not my problem, jabronie.

the chi 07-22-2011 09:56 AM

Dont forget to make your reservations guys...I still havent decided if I'm going to make it. Had some stuff come up and most likely I wont be there. First one I'll miss.

Captain Morgan 07-22-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 482485)
Dont forget to make your reservations guys...I still havent decided if I'm going to make it. Had some stuff come up and most likely I wont be there. First one I'll miss.

Not acceptable. You and Jason WILL be there. There will be no further discussion on this matter. ;)

the chi 07-22-2011 10:50 AM

:lol: Try telling the US Govt that J will be there...lemme know how that works out for ya.

Mr Lefty 07-22-2011 11:00 AM

I'm kinda the same way... I'll be up that direction, for the warrior run... but dunno if I'll stay for the rally, especially with the bike being out of order.

Captain Morgan 07-22-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 482499)
:lol: Try telling the US Govt that J will be there...lemme know how that works out for ya.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 482503)
I'm kinda the same way... I'll be up that direction, for the warrior run... but dunno if I'll stay for the rally, especially with the bike being out of order.

Really hope all you guys can make it. But yeah, I know all too well how plans get killed by gov't officials. Been there, done that. But please, do your best to be there, even if only for a day.

derf 07-22-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 482499)

Just like I told you the other night at dinner, if he isnt there thats his own fault, its still your responsibility to show up

the chi 07-22-2011 02:33 PM

:lol: Yes sir.

tommymac 07-22-2011 02:34 PM

whats the time frame for running the BRP? I was/am figuring on meeting up with sixxer and heading south, figured we could catch up with you guys then.

Captain Morgan 07-22-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 481787)
Planning the trip. Get to Front Royal, VA; ensuring I go thru WV. Should make it there in 1 day.

Then BRP all the way to Little Switzerland and at 13hrs (440 miles) I will plan on 2 days to make the trek via the BRP. Does this sound ok boys & girls?

Here's my plot
Google Map

Anybody want to join me? Capt? Derf? NE boys? Could meet me in VA.

Are you talking about spending 2 days ON the BRP, or 2 days total from your house?

When would you expect to start the BRP portion of your trip? My absolute best case scenario would be if I didn't have anything due on Thursday for one class and could skip my other class on Friday. Since my ex picks up my daughter Wed nights during the school year, I could possibly get on the road Wed night and find a place to sleep, then meet up with you Thurs. But, that's a best case, which I'll be surprised if that happens.

Here's my route if I'm able to meet up with you to run BRP:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Te...s2g&mra=ls&z=7

Trip 07-22-2011 05:05 PM

Little Switzerland is nearer to the end of the BRP. It would be a very long one day ride to it from the start of the BRP.

Remember the BRP is the most visited national park controlled area. It is 45 and 35 mph throughout the whole thing and patrolled heavily during this time. It will be extremely slow going if you don't want a ticket.

Gas Man 07-22-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 482485)

Oh yeah... where?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 482498)
Not acceptable. You and Jason WILL be there. There will be no further discussion on this matter. ;)

Agreed. Tell em we said so and we pay their wages. :skep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 482549)
Are you talking about spending 2 days ON the BRP, or 2 days total from your house?

When would you expect to start the BRP portion of your trip? My absolute best case scenario would be if I didn't have anything due on Thursday for one class and could skip my other class on Friday. Since my ex picks up my daughter Wed nights during the school year, I could possibly get on the road Wed night and find a place to sleep, then meet up with you Thurs. But, that's a best case, which I'll be surprised if that happens.

Here's my route if I'm able to meet up with you to run BRP:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Te...s2g&mra=ls&z=7

1 day to get to Front Royal. 2 additional days for the BRP to Little Switz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 482562)
Little Switzerland is nearer to the end of the BRP. It would be a very long one day ride to it from the start of the BRP.

Remember the BRP is the most visited national park controlled area. It is 45 and 35 mph throughout the whole thing and patrolled heavily during this time. It will be extremely slow going if you don't want a ticket.

As Trip said... it's a long haul due to speeds. It's only like 440 miles from Front Royal but it's 13 hrs or somin. Include scenic stops... it will take 2 days.

So... we need to be in Little Switz by Friday...

Leave my house Wed. Front Royal wed night. Start BRP thur.. arrive at Little Switz Fri evening.

Captain Morgan 07-22-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 482564)
Oh yeah... where?

Agreed. Tell em we said so and we pay their wages. :skep:

1 day to get to Front Royal. 2 additional days for the BRP to Little Switz.

As Trip said... it's a long haul due to speeds. It's only like 440 miles from Front Royal but it's 13 hrs or somin. Include scenic stops... it will take 2 days.

So... we need to be in Little Switz by Friday...

Leave my house Wed. Front Royal wed night. Start BRP thur.. arrive at Little Switz Fri evening.

Ok. I probably won't know if I can do the whole BRP until early to mid-Sept. Even if I can do the whole thing, I'd have to leave about 8pm Wed night and get as far as I can, then stop and sleep for a bit, then get going early in the morning, which means I prob wouldn't get to Front Royal until maybe as late as noon Thursday. Not sure if that would be acceptable for you or not, but it's the only possible way I could do it, as Front Royal is over 12 hours from my place.

As much as I'd like to do the whole BRP, I might have to skip some of it and meet you somewhere along the way on Thursday so that you can start out earlier. We'll likely just have to wait and see what my class schedule is like.

Gas Man 07-22-2011 05:45 PM

Yeah maybe you can meet us farther south... something that doesn't take you so NE

Captain Morgan 07-22-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 482569)
Yeah maybe you can meet us farther south... something that doesn't take you so NE

Might work out better to just figure out where you're staying Thurs night, then I could just leave Thurs morn and meet you that night. Of course, this could all be moot if my class schedule won't allow me to get on the road on Thurs.

Trip 07-22-2011 05:52 PM

Unless you plan on doing the End 2 End ride and going all the way to Cherokee when you leave Little Switzerland, skip the Virginia portion of the BRP. It's boring. NC BRP is 1000x better.

Gas Man 07-22-2011 05:53 PM

True... and I rarely ever pre-plan my stops... cause you just never know if you don't make time or have a break down or whatever.

Gas Man 07-22-2011 05:54 PM

We gg to do the last bit after little switz when we are all down there???

Trip 07-22-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 482573)
We gg to do the last bit after little switz when we are all down there???

I don't plan on riding back to Cherokee during the rally. I have to do that on the way home. There are too many good roads/stuff I want to do there besides go back towards home.

Trip 07-22-2011 05:57 PM

Hey Ebbs, you could always rent a KLR from gsm

http://www.gsmmotorent.com/home

Mr Lefty 07-22-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 482576)
Hey Ebbs, you could always rent a KLR from gsm

http://www.gsmmotorent.com/home

right now, it's more about time off... I've taken over the early shift (0200-1400) and it's just hard to get someone to cover for an extended period of time... especially since I've got the warrior run the weekend prior.

if it ever stops raining, i'm gonna pull the motor from the DRZ, bring it in and start cleaning what I can. gonna order the Service manual on the 1st, and order parts as needed.

Gas Man 07-23-2011 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 482575)
I don't plan on riding back to Cherokee during the rally. I have to do that on the way home. There are too many good roads/stuff I want to do there besides go back towards home.

So you're taking the BRP SW to the other end (Ravensford)? If so we will follow. Thinking of staying at my friends in Maryville.

My return trip on Google

derf 07-23-2011 10:04 AM

Or if people want we can meet up on the brp somewhere and ride the bottom half down

Trip 07-23-2011 10:20 AM

I am not sure if I will take the BRP back or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 482615)
Or if people want we can meet up on the brp somewhere and ride the bottom half down

You should just get on at I-77 in Virginia where you left off the BRP. That's where the awesome begins anyway.

derf 07-23-2011 11:37 AM

That's what I was thinking, start thursday morning at the brp and I-77, one day ride to little swiss.

Captain Morgan 07-23-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 482605)
So you're taking the BRP SW to the other end (Ravensford)? If so we will follow. Thinking of staying at my friends in Maryville.

My return trip on Google

Looks like you posted the wrong link. This looks like it's your trip there, not back.

Trip 07-23-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 482625)
That's what I was thinking, start thursday morning at the brp and I-77, one day ride to little swiss.

I may meet up with you if ebbs and the people down south don't come.

Gas Man 07-24-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 482621)
I am not sure if I will take the BRP back or not.

You should just get on at I-77 in Virginia where you left off the BRP. That's where the awesome begins anyway.

Well we could... doesn't add much to the day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 482625)

You thinking of meeting up with me & cave for the ride in?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 482639)
Looks like you posted the wrong link. This looks like it's your trip there, not back.

Fixed... thanks!

derf 07-25-2011 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 482858)
You thinking of meeting up with me & cave for the ride in?

I have nothing to do between the 18th and 22nd when we are supposed to meet in little swiss. I was thinking about just meeting you at your house and heading south. It depends right now if I need to show up for a work trip in mississipi 19-21 and if some other stuff works out. but dont worry, you are my fall back to my fall back plan

Gas Man 07-25-2011 11:08 PM

OK man... well you know your welcome at my place as well.

derf 07-26-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 483029)
OK man... well you know your welcome at my place as well.

I already invited myself, it wasnt a request, it was a statement :rockwoot:

tommymac 07-26-2011 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 483049)

he has guns and a dog that may eat you :lol:

I am still not sureof my plans, if I can leave thurs I may try to catch you guys otherwise I may just slab it down thurs night and catch up on friday.

Gas Man 07-26-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 483049)

Cool!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 483067)

:tremble: And true

Gas Man 07-26-2011 07:43 AM

Where are we staying so I can make reservations????

Mr Lefty 07-26-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 483067)

more like piss on you and use you as a chew toy

marko138 07-26-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 483176)
more like piss on you and use you as a chew toy

I put that dog in it's place when I was there.

caveman 08-04-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 483179)
I put that dog in it's place when I was there.

pics or it didn't happen. Marko never leaves the commonwealth of PA.

Captain Morgan 08-07-2011 07:28 PM

If I have no choice but to ride straight through, then it's 9 1/2 hours of mostly interstate. Map of the quick route. If I want to add in WV and VA interstate, then it's more like 12 hours. Map to simply add WV and VA. However, I'm hoping to have the time for a WV and VA run on fun roads which will make the trip more like 16 1/2 hours. If I can do the 16 hour trip, I'd ride to Elkins, WV and camp in the Monongahela National Forest Thurs night, then make it to Big Lynn Lodge Friday late afternoon. My route if I camp in WV

Posting a new thread to find out when everyone actually plans to arrive at the Lodge.

the chi 08-08-2011 12:27 PM

I'm officially out. Picking up a gig working Saturdays at a possible dream job. Sorry guys, love ya, take lots of pics for me!

tommymac 08-08-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 484577)
I'm officially out. Picking up a gig working Saturdays at a possible dream job. Sorry guys, love ya, take lots of pics for me!

but whos going to get realy hammered then lean on me? and dont say derf :lol:

the chi 08-08-2011 12:29 PM

Chop ebbs off at the hips, then he can fill in for me. :lol:

Trip 08-08-2011 01:30 PM

What's this dream job?

the chi 08-08-2011 02:57 PM

Teaching riding to special needs kids, and in my downtime I get to play with the horses myself and keep learning. I need it to keep my certification current and it will give me the experience I need to one day make it an actual career. My mentor thought I was good enough that when she needed help for her Saturday classes she convinced the board to hire me and help pay my travel expenses before even offering it. It'll give me something to do while J's gone too.

Mr Lefty 08-08-2011 03:42 PM

Nope... I'm out too... and the Warrior run is look'n iffy too...

derf 08-08-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 484613)
Teaching riding to special needs kids, and in my downtime I get to play with the horses myself and keep learning. I need it to keep my certification current and it will give me the experience I need to one day make it an actual career. My mentor thought I was good enough that when she needed help for her Saturday classes she convinced the board to hire me and help pay my travel expenses before even offering it. It'll give me something to do while J's gone too.

Bullshit, screw the special needs children, tommy needs a leaning post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 484623)

Bullshit, you are gonna be there if I have to drag you up there myself

Gas Man 08-09-2011 01:29 AM

Sounds like it's time to start handing out foot to crotch kicks... who's first?

Ebbs?

tommymac 08-09-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 484676)
Sounds like it's time to start handing out foot to crotch kicks... who's first?

Ebbs?

Works for me, dont forget I got the size 15's :)

Trip 08-09-2011 07:29 AM

go take care of Rae and Ebbs, tommy. cement shoes new york style

tommymac 08-09-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 484695)
go take care of Rae and Ebbs, tommy. cement shoes new york style

I will bring the woodchipper :rockwoot:

Captain Morgan 08-09-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 484577)

You can't take ONE Saturday off? :poke:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 484623)

Why? At least Rae gave us a reason! :lol:

Mr Lefty 08-09-2011 05:56 PM

honestly... the rally doesn't hold anything for me, save hang'n with a few of ya'll again. and while the Rally is mostly about hanging with everyone, I want to ride... but I'm tired of the area... I understand the draw, but it's just not there for me. the fact is while I had fun at previous rallies, this one just doesn't look exciting to me... I want something new... I understand ya'll don't or can't. no hard feelings, I'm just not attending.

also, I have a couple other things I want time off for, and I need to make sure I can be off for those (Xmas/New years riding in TX and my Sister's wedding in Feb)

tommymac 08-09-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 484765)
honestly... the rally doesn't hold anything for me, save hang'n with a few of ya'll again. and while the Rally is mostly about hanging with everyone, I want to ride... but I'm tired of the area... I understand the draw, but it's just not there for me. the fact is while I had fun at previous rallies, this one just doesn't look exciting to me... I want something new... I understand ya'll don't or can't. no hard feelings, I'm just not attending.

also, I have a couple other things I want time off for, and I need to make sure I can be off for those (Xmas/New years riding in TX and my Sister's wedding in Feb)

So in other words you dont like us anymore :lol:

Mr Lefty 08-09-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 484767)

who said I ever did?

tommymac 08-09-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 484769)
who said I ever did?

good point :lol:

marko138 08-09-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 484767)

Ya, so hulk the fuck up and deal with it. You're out of the circle.

tommymac 08-09-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 484771)
Ya, so hulk the fuck up and deal with it. You're out of the circle.

I wasnt aware I was ever in the circle, and who the fuck asked you anyway

Trip 08-09-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 484765)

Hell you never even attempted DS here, not to mention our awesome trails and single track.

marko138 08-09-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 484772)
I wasnt aware I was ever in the circle, and who the fuck asked you anyway

No one asked me, that's the beauty of it.

Mr Lefty 08-10-2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 484773)
Hell you never even attempted DS here, not to mention our awesome trails and single track.

and who was going to DS with me?

Trip 08-10-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 484956)

derf if he brings the KLR and me.

derf 08-10-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 484958)

I'm bringing the KLR, and wouldnt mind a little off road

Gas Man 08-10-2011 08:24 PM

What if I tell ya Ebbs, Uma is coming... be careful she might be watching.

Captain Morgan 08-10-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 484956)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 484958)

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 484963)
I'm bringing the KLR, and wouldnt mind a little off road

I might even try my hand at it with the Strom, depending on the conditions. Not sure how that heavy beast would do with the "death wings" on it.

Porkchop 08-14-2011 07:14 PM

Out peeps. No bike=No trip..... :bash::suicide:

Maybe next year....

Gas Man 08-14-2011 10:05 PM

Caveman says he's out...

So I will be traveling down alone... unless derf meets up Thur or Friday.

Captain Morgan 08-14-2011 10:34 PM

damn, lots of drop outs. Is this going to be like the Spring Rally in AR where nobody shows up?

Gas Man 08-14-2011 10:37 PM

I'm a comin. If that matters.

Porkchop 08-14-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 485529)

Thats all that matters.... :dthumb::lol:

Captain Morgan 08-14-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 485529)

I'll be there, too. However, just got a letter this weekend about jury duty in September. This was just the questionaire that's required to be returned within 5 days. If selected, they send out another letter. No clue if I'll be selected, but will be SUPER pissed if I am and the case is the Thurs-Friday of the rally. If I find out it is, I'll tell them I have plans to be out of town. Not sure if it will work, but at least it's the truth.

derf 08-14-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 485533)
I'll be there, too. However, just got a letter this weekend about jury duty in September. This was just the questionaire that's required to be returned within 5 days. If selected, they send out another letter. No clue if I'll be selected, but will be SUPER pissed if I am and the case is the Thurs-Friday of the rally. If I find out it is, I'll tell them I have plans to be out of town. Not sure if it will work, but at least it's the truth.

Might not hurt to tell them that you are a nazi too

tommymac 08-14-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 485523)
Caveman says he's out...

So I will be traveling down alone... unless derf meets up Thur or Friday.

I guess you realy dont wnat me to meet up with you guys :lol:

I am def going, I have been getting my ass kicked with work and family stuff so I def need the time away just to unwind.

Gas Man 08-15-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 485533)

Don't...

I REPEAT DO NOT fill out that survey!!! They can't prove you got it and it just means you are more likely to get a summons.

My co-worker told me... he did that, got a summons, and went down there. The jury guy running the waiting room... he even told them all "you know why you are all here don't ya?". "Because you did the right thing and filled out the survey."

Just saying...

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 485534)
Might not hurt to tell them that you are a nazi too

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 485541)
I guess you realy dont wnat me to meet up with you guys :lol:

I am def going, I have been getting my ass kicked with work and family stuff so I def need the time away just to unwind.

Oh right... and tommy.

And I agree with needing time off and away.

tommymac 08-15-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 485564)
Don't...

I REPEAT DO NOT fill out that survey!!! They can't prove you got it and it just means you are more likely to get a summons.

My co-worker told me... he did that, got a summons, and went down there. The jury guy running the waiting room... he even told them all "you know why you are all here don't ya?". "Because you did the right thing and filled out the survey."

Just saying...

Oh right... and tommy.

And I agree with needing time off and away.

I remember ya saying how things were when you guys were here in NY and in the chat room. yuore doing the hrs like me but have to do a lot more actual work and BS then I deal with.

Gas Man 08-15-2011 09:28 AM

It isn't any better.

the chi 08-15-2011 09:43 AM

GM - I couldnt get through to Vicki this weekend, apparently talking to you broke my phone. :wink: I will call her today and let her know...

Gas Man 08-15-2011 08:24 PM

Cool

Gas Man 08-15-2011 08:26 PM

Please people... post up if you need a room

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthrea...670#post485670

Captain Morgan 08-15-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 485564)
Don't...

Just saying...

Too late. I filled it out and sent it back the day I got it. If I'm selected, so be it.

Gas Man 08-16-2011 09:03 AM

Good luck capt, I know I shud never care because I still get paid full rate the whole day. But I just don't want to sit downtown all day.

For thur night.

Derf, tommy, trip. You guys want to motel it on the brp? Are there any decent, yet cheap, motels about 6 hours out of little switz? I am open to camping but remember I can't go off roading to do so. Might be a cheaper idea.

I will figure out an exact area later when I'm at home.

derf 08-16-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 485744)
Good luck capt, I know I shud never care because I still get paid full rate the whole day. But I just don't want to sit downtown all day.

For thur night.

Derf, tommy, trip. You guys want to motel it on the brp? Are there any decent, yet cheap, motels about 6 hours out of little switz? I am open to camping but remember I can't go off roading to do so. Might be a cheaper idea.

I'm planning on camping some of the week prior basically between sunday and when I catch you on the BRP. I think it would be a hard sell for Trip to get him to sleep under the stars again.

Captain Morgan 08-16-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 485744)

For thur night.

I'm planning on camping near Elkins, WV Thurs night, provided I can skip class Friday. It's 9 1/2 hours just for me to get to that spot, so I doubt I'd be able to meet you guys on the BRP. Think you guys would want to stop off in Elkins for the night, then head down to the BRP at the NC border on Friday? Or would that be too far away?

tommymac 08-16-2011 04:41 PM

Whats the northern most point of the BRP. I am planning on slabbing it as fast as I can down there be it I run 95 to 85 or 78 to 81 down. From LI it takes me about 9 hrs to make it to vir which is danville VA on the NC border

derf 08-16-2011 05:47 PM

Waynesboro VA is mile marker 0

tommymac 08-16-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 485854)

thanx, maplost has me getting there in 7 and a half hours, not as bad as I thought. Now i need to see where you guys plan on calling it a night. I may just hammer it there or catch up further north and ride down together depending on when I leave the house.

Captain Morgan 08-16-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

That would be an extra 2.5 hours for me if I ride the roads I want to in WV, so doubt I'll try to push that far. If I stick to superslab, which I don't really want to do, then I can make it there in 10.5 hours. We'll see when it gets closer to time for the rally.

derf 08-16-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 485855)
thanx, maplost has me getting there in 7 and a half hours, not as bad as I thought. Now i need to see where you guys plan on calling it a night. I may just hammer it there or catch up further north and ride down together depending on when I leave the house.

If you follow 81 south along the BRP, it is another 3 hours until the 77 interchange, which is 20 minutes north of the NC border

tommymac 08-16-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 485859)
If you follow 81 south along the BRP, it is another 3 hours until the 77 interchange, which is 20 minutes north of the NC border

I will keep that in mind if I need ot make time to catch up to you guys.

Trip 08-16-2011 06:54 PM

The 77/BRP intersection is where I plan on jumping on the BRP. We need to find a place to stay around there for thursday night.

Gas Man 08-16-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 485846)
I'm planning on camping near Elkins, WV Thurs night, provided I can skip class Friday. It's 9 1/2 hours just for me to get to that spot, so I doubt I'd be able to meet you guys on the BRP. Think you guys would want to stop off in Elkins for the night, then head down to the BRP at the NC border on Friday? Or would that be too far away?

I think you are going to be a bit behind us. Thur night we will be much further south.

Quote:

We will meet here Wed night/Thur morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 485864)
The 77/BRP intersection is where I plan on jumping on the BRP. We need to find a place to stay around there for thursday night.

We will be here Thursday night. Where we staying?

We = me + whomever joins

I tried to do the route 33 that derf wants me to ride, but it's too long and makes it a 12+ hour haul that I won't enjoy as much because by the time I get to the good stuff I'd be on the road 6+ hrs. I think it's just asking too much from the trip. HERE

Here's what I will do. I will endure the super slab to waynesboro, VA (10hrs)
Google Map

So then it's who's with me Wed night?

Gas Man 08-16-2011 09:07 PM

Derf suggests these places to stay thur night
http://www.tugglesgap.biz/
http://www.countryviewinn.net/ratesresv.htm

I like the tugglesgap the best... right on the BRP.

Here's the map
http://www.parkwaymap.com/tgmod.htm

This is all just north of 77

derf 08-16-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 485885)

So then it's who's with me Wed night?

So I'm thinking I might stay in Columbus OH Monday night, show up in detroit for teusday night and ride from there on wedensday. Maybe

Captain Morgan 08-16-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 485864)

I can super slab it there in 9 1/2 hours and ride with you guys Friday. I'd miss a lot of good riding in WV, though. Decisions, decisions.