Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Northeast Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Question for New York, Connecticut, New York people (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11241)

Tsunami 11-02-2009 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 286121)
hes antisocial :lol:

you missed a funnight at croxleys too sat night. jimmy, donna, ray and levi all came out.

Tom

Any news about Laurie or Bondo?

Is Jimmy and Donna married yet?

Whats MK and Dave up to these days?

tommymac 11-02-2009 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 286122)
Any news about Laurie or Bondo?

Is Jimmy and Donna married yet?

Whats MK and Dave up to these days?

Jimmy hasnt heard from them either.

Davis is well and MK is acros in the main ER right now (were at work)

Smittie61984 11-02-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 286048)
I think outta towners automatically get nervous when they see a neighborhood with blacks and puerto ricans roaming around.

Automatically think its a ghetto.

I live in Atlanta. I think we've got black people covered. I get my negativity from the movies. They seem to be plagued with aliens, bombs, and diseases. Hell, I thought it was destroyed from Independence Day. I'm also amazed how the people in the movies can "struggle with work" or not even have a job yet live in a 15 story high rise loft. I figured cost of living was cheap.

What I really mean by the negativity is that everyone seems to say "Taxes suck, traffic sucks, cost of living sucks, parking sucks, government sucks, job prospects suck, Mets suck but hey we have the Yankees".

But we talked about it some more and the only reason we'll go to NY is if she doesn't get her Atlanta or Chicago job. She should know by this week if she will get the Atlanta job. If so NY is off the list. Hopefully she will get the Atlanta job. It'd make everything so much easier.

Tsunami 11-02-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 286440)
What I really mean by the negativity is that everyone seems to say "Taxes suck, traffic sucks, cost of living sucks, parking sucks, government sucks, job prospects suck, Mets suck but hey we have the Yankees".

There are many great things about NYC, its just the things you mentioned aren't part of them :lol:

Homeslice 11-03-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 286048)
I think outta towners automatically get nervous when they see a neighborhood with blacks and puerto ricans roaming around.

Automatically think its a ghetto.

Not really.

Feel free to call Brownsville, East NY, or Bed Stuy quality places to live, but I wouldn't.

Now granted, Camden and Paterson are worse, but that's NJ.

pauldun170 11-03-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 286964)
Not really.

Feel free to call Brownsville, East NY, or Bed Stuy quality places to live, but I wouldn't.

Now granted, Camden and Paterson are worse, but that's NJ.

Parts of Brooklyn? Thats what ya basing it on?

Brownsville :The total land area is one square mile,
East NY: 2 sq miles
Bed Stuy: What part of Bed Stuy? The gentrified part or the non gentrified parts?

Homeslice 11-03-2009 04:24 PM

So now ghettos have to be a certain size to qualify?

And FWIW, one square mile contains a lot of people in a place like that....

pauldun170 11-03-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 286971)
So now ghettos have to be a certain size to qualify?

And FWIW, one square mile contains a lot of people in a place like that....

Yes bout 80,000 people.
Not all are automatically criminals and bad people.

Smittie61984 11-03-2009 08:23 PM

Okay. Looked around at some apartments in NJ and found some around 800 a month is what we were hoping for. Middlesex county seems to be the most in our price range. And it has NJ transit that goes to NYC. Then found some apartments in Morristown/Morris Plains from the 600s-700s which seemed like nice places. NJ transit goes through here too.

Are those okay areas? I'm not expecting nice $200,000 a year business execs or jobless "friends" who live in nice Manhatten lofts but somewhere where I don't feel I should leave with a kevlar and an AK47.

I'm kind of looking off of this...
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/Rail_System_Map.pdf

tommymac 11-03-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 286975)
Yes bout 80,000 people.
Not all are automatically criminals and bad people.

Most of em are though, we cover brownsville and part of east NY. I can vouch that they are total shitholes and noone in their right mind would call these areas home.