Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Police: Store clerk killed beer thief (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10058)

Rider 08-24-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 257180)
Did you ever shoplift as a kid? Run out with candy? I did. Should we shoot them too?

No and yes we should.

RACER X 08-24-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 257216)
I understand that but barring jury nullification, it sounds like he's up shit creek.

guess you didn't read any of the TX laws i posted. :?:even hilighted

pauldun170 08-24-2009 09:31 AM

So if the cable company catches someone stealing cable, they are entitled to kill the cable thief?

What about some technician over at media sentry finds someone sharing a bunch of songs on line, and they find the persons adress....its ok with you guys if he goes over at puts a bullet between the guys eyes?

EpyonXero 08-24-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257246)
So if the cable company catches someone stealing cable, they are entitled to kill the cable thief?

What about some technician over at media sentry finds someone sharing a bunch of songs on line, and they find the persons adress....its ok with you guys if he goes over at puts a bullet between the guys eyes?

Good point, Im betting most people in this thread have stolen enough music to be worth more than that case of beer.

So are personal weapons meant for protection or punishment?

RACER X 08-24-2009 09:39 AM

in TX it's legal to kill somebody for stealing from you........songs to cars.......

i guess you think it's ok for people to steal from you. good for you i guess.

Rider 08-24-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257246)

Back in the wild west days, if you were caught stealing a horse you were hung. Same should apply today. Maybe not outright murder but possibly chop a hand off though. If you made an example out of a few, I bet you'd have less thievery. I believe in being proactive and not reactive.

BTW,I have NEVER stolen anything in my life and I detest people who steal.

pauldun170 08-24-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 257264)
Back in the wild west days, if you were caught stealing a horse you were hung. Same should apply today. Maybe not outright murder but possibly chop a hand off though. If you made an example out of a few, I bet you'd have less thievery. I believe in being proactive and not reactive.

BTW,I have NEVER stolen anything in my life and I detest people who steal.

so we should model our criminal justice system off Iran's or Saudi Arabia?

Rider 08-24-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 257268)
so we should model our criminal justice system off Iran's or Saudi Arabia?

Sure, why not? Would you steal knowing that if you were caught you'd get a hand chopped off?

Papa_Complex 08-24-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 257245)
guess you didn't read any of the TX laws i posted. :?:even hilighted

I certainly did. He appears to be up shit creek because he disposed of the property showing that it was of insufficient value to invoke such a response.

RACER X 08-24-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 257306)
I certainly did. He appears to be up shit creek because he disposed of the property showing that it was of insufficient value to invoke such a response.

AGREED, he's in trouble for tampering w/ evidence.

as for the shooting itself, it's justified in TX law.