Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Draggin Jeans (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=755)

z06boy 03-25-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 22965)
Hey bro,since you're so close to me,could you see if they have a 36/34 in the cargo jeans. I never tried those since I hated the regular ones so much. Thanks.

I'll check but it may be at least a couple of weeks before I make it back over there.

Amber Lamps 03-25-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 23067)
I'll check but it may be at least a couple of weeks before I make it back over there.

That's cool bro,whenever is fine.

ceo012384 03-28-2008 10:58 AM

I've heard good things about those. I've been considering picking up a pair to widen the range of situations where I would ride. Get some more basic street time in.

OneSickPsycho 03-30-2008 08:52 AM

I would never buy Draggin' or any other riding specific jeans... The fact that my jeans did not tear when I crashed and the amount of road rash I got tells me that they're probably just not worth it. Leather FTW.

PhiSig1071 03-30-2008 09:25 PM

I have a set of Icon Recon Jeans that I got when they first came out, and I'm very happy with them. I wrecked in them twice and they held up very well. The only thing I don't like is the "look" of the jeans with the stretch material in the crotch. I am probably going to get another pair of riding jeans that look a little more "normal" here soon. I like the Icon Anthem and Strongarm, I'll probably pick up a set next month.

z06boy 03-31-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 25367)
I would never buy Draggin' or any other riding specific jeans... The fact that my jeans did not tear when I crashed and the amount of road rash I got tells me that they're probably just not worth it. Leather FTW.

Yea I hear ya but that's what the kevlar is for...."the burn"...plus these are 14.5 oz. denim...not to be compared with "regular" jeans...whether they "tore" or not. I also have their CE-rated knee/shinn armor included so I think they're just fine.

It also helps having pokets in jeans...I have a thickazz leather wallet in one hip pocket and the hard plastic kickstand plate/thingy in the other hip pocket for added protection against burning my azz in a slide.:yes:

To each their own though. :dthumb:

Phenix_Rider 03-31-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 25605)
I have a set of Icon Recon Jeans that I got when they first came out, and I'm very happy with them. I wrecked in them twice and they held up very well. The only thing I don't like is the "look" of the jeans with the stretch material in the crotch. I am probably going to get another pair of riding jeans that look a little more "normal" here soon. I like the Icon Anthem and Strongarm, I'll probably pick up a set next month.

The Strongarm have a big ugly green skull on the butt:no:

Anthems have more protection and look more professional.:dthumb:

PhiSig1071 03-31-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 25810)
The Strongarm have a big ugly green skull on the butt:no:

Anthems have more protection and look more professional.:dthumb:

I actually kinda like the skull (although I haven't seen the jeans in person). Plus the Strongarm is less money. Between the two I'm more concerned with fit and protection, if they're uncomfortable and I don't wear them they're not going to save my ass. I'll look around, I'm planning a trip from KW to Alaska next summer, so I might be saving the money to buy something more along the lines of a adventure touring jacket/pants combo. (I don't know how a muddy set of Icon jeans would look on a KLR on the AL-Can.)

the chi 03-31-2008 01:27 PM

I have the ladies ICON jeans, cant remember which style, it was last years I think, and while protection wise they are good, the fit really sucks...I agree with Zoomie...i am oddly sized anyway, but the first pair I ordered the waist would have been fine, but they didnt go past the hips and thighs, and the second pair almost fits in the hips, it is huge in the waist, but the length was good!! :lol: For me, I'll stick with leathers on the track and for "spirited" riding, and regular jeans the rest of the time...ladies beware of the stretchy jeans tho, those offer ZERO protection since they arent real denim, think levi's and such for sturdy non armored riding jeans...