Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Previous Polls (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Religious Rule? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20708)

Porkchop 12-13-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 501547)
Sure, if you like overpriced, overhyped, and underperforming... redflip

The Sport Demons I had on before were nice. The sportiest of all the rubber that fit on my bike. They just dont last as long, but I knew that going in. The Bridgestones I have now were cheaper, but arent as sticky.

I've never use Rotella, but I've never had problems with Repsol in either of my bikes. I noticed that it made the mechanical noise a little louder in my R6 than Yamalube.

Mikey 12-14-2011 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 501578)
The Sport Demons I had on before were nice. The sportiest of all the rubber that fit on my bike. They just dont last as long, but I knew that going in. The Bridgestones I have now were cheaper, but arent as sticky.

I've never use Rotella, but I've never had problems with Repsol in either of my bikes. I noticed that it made the mechanical noise a little louder in my R6 than Yamalube.

All bullshit aside, here's where I stand:

I've been thoroughly unimpressed with every Pirelli I've ever run. They warm up slow, perform like bricks, and wear like race tires. They also have no "feel"; I can't tell when they're gonna let go, they just do. I have similar complaints with Bridgestone and Dunlop, but not to the same extreme (at least in Dunlop's case).

The oil thing is mostly BS, but I prefer Rotella. I've tried Repsol, but wasn't impressed at all. Honestly, these days I'm really thinking car oil is the ticket.

Oh, and one more time: Fuck Tim Tebow.

Particle Man 12-14-2011 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 501560)
I think this is the route we end up taking. Slight jokes and random mentioning will be allowed. Any sort of true discussion or argument/attack will belong in the war room.

Good middle ground.

Besides, now you can Dam us all to hell :lol:

Papa_Complex 12-14-2011 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 501585)
Good middle ground.

Besides, now you can Dam us all to hell :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsbYx6hevoQ

Cutty72 12-14-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 501584)
All bullshit aside, here's where I stand:

I've been thoroughly unimpressed with every Pirelli I've ever run. They warm up slow, perform like bricks, and wear like race tires. They also have no "feel"; I can't tell when they're gonna let go, they just do. I have similar complaints with Bridgestone and Dunlop, but not to the same extreme (at least in Dunlop's case).

The oil thing is mostly BS, but I prefer Rotella. I've tried Repsol, but wasn't impressed at all. Honestly, these days I'm really thinking car oil is the ticket.

I liked the performance that I got with the Corsa III's that came on my Buell, the wear (or lack thereof) was pitiful though.

Switched to Pilot powers, got ok wear (6k average) out of them, but had to replace both at the same time because the front always cupped really bad, even with about half tread left.

Now, I'm on to Pirelli Angle's. So far so good, about 1200 miles on them. Decent feel, almost as much cold grip as the powers, same once they get warmed up. Just a matter of how long, and how well, they wear.

For oil, I'm on to AMSOIL now, from the manufacturer brand. Shifts smoother than before, no other real noticeable changes, but I'm ok with it.

Homeslice 12-15-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 501528)
you're a nazi communist obama homo bush rapist if you dont buy dunlops

just bought some dunlops for the car, and they suck

Homeslice 12-15-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey (Post 501547)
Sure, if you like overpriced, overhyped, and underperforming... redflip

overpriced would be michelins, IMO, especially for cars

tommymac 12-15-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 501715)
just bought some dunlops for the car, and they suck

Did they give you a tim tebow jersey with the purchase :lol:

Particle Man 12-15-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 501716)
overpriced would be michelins, IMO, especially for cars

I dunno, I've had a ball with my Pilot Road II's

Homeslice 12-15-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 501722)
I dunno, I've had a ball with my Pilot Road II's

Every time I look at Michelins, they're at least $50 more per tire than Bridgestones or Yokohamas, which are my favorite bang for the buck.