Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   FIM - Women Ride (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13937)

azoomm 03-26-2010 12:23 AM

FIM - Women Ride

http://www.youtube.com/user/tvfim#p/a/u/1/sKCguT--JOg

CrazyKell 03-26-2010 09:00 AM

Cool video.

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 09:10 AM

They had to dig deep to find an attractive female,motocrosser....:lol:

CrazyKell 03-26-2010 09:39 AM

Why does she have to be attractive?

Plenty of ugly guys that ride.

Cass 03-26-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 353615)
They had to dig deep to find an attractive female,motocrosser....:lol:

If they were digging deep to find someone with looks, they probably wouldn't have gone with the champion, eh? They'd go with the "came in 43rd out of a field of 43 riders, but damn she's pretty" girl, right?

Nice video M, thanks for posting :)

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 353626)

oh you girls.....:lol:

Seriously, a woman doesn't have to attractive to ride...a point that is well documented. For advertisement and promotion purposes, they chose attractive girls to high light. That's all I'm saying. There was a rather large and unattractive woman that won the AMA women's motor cross title several times, how many commercials and ads featuring her have you ever seen? The new women's champion is a petite and somewhat cute girl...ads everywhere.:idk: I didn't set the system up.:lol:

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass (Post 353638)
If they were digging deep to find someone with looks, they probably wouldn't have gone with the champion, eh? They'd go with the "came in 43rd out of a field of 43 riders, but damn she's pretty" girl, right?

Nice video M, thanks for posting :)

Hey, she wasn't the first women's champion was she? Where was the video highlighting the other champions getting glamor shots?:lol: She definitely is one of the most attractive girls racing motocross for sure! Right or wrong, they're not going to promote women's motorcycle racing using the Ukranian Women's Speedway champ who is also the holder of the shotput record. The whole point of the video, imho, was to show that "pretty girls" ride too.:wink:

BTW didn't AZ post this in the "women's section" as well?

karl_1052 03-26-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Pretty well every guy on this site.

Cass 03-26-2010 12:22 PM

Insert "arguing on the internet" pic here

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 353730)
Pretty well every guy on this site.

Hell, the main reason our ugly butts buy bikes bikes is to get chicks! All the hot guys don't need bikes to pick up women.:lol:

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass (Post 353731)
Insert "arguing on the internet" pic here

Hey now that's unfair, I posted an honest opinion. I didn't start an argument. The last girl even said that they made this video to show that pretty girls ride. I believe that one of the other girls mentioned something about the perception of female racers as "manly"...or not wearing makeup ... I don't know, I have a hard time paying attention when women are talking....:lol:

Cass 03-26-2010 12:29 PM

Fine, retracted. You are most certainly allowed to have your opinions, please continue doing so.

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass (Post 353738)
Fine, retracted. You are most certainly allowed to have your opinions, please continue doing so.

Thank you! You are unexpectedly reasonable considering that you are 1. a woman, 2. from Texas and 3. a friend of Azoom's....:lol:

Of course, I am just kidding. That would be an example of me trying to start an argument with you.:wink::lol:

azoomm 03-26-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 353742)
Thank you! You are unexpectedly reasonable considering that you are 1. a woman, 2. from Texas and 3. a friend of Azoom's....:lol:

Of course, I am just kidding. That would be an example of me trying to start an argument with you.:wink::lol:

:lol:

I posted it out here only.... I didn't realize it would be controversial
I just though it was a good video.

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 353775)
:lol:

I posted it out here only.... I didn't realize it would be controversial
I just though it was a good video.

It's not, I just didn't think before I posted, as usual. I'm sorry female riders but 90% of the female motocross racers that I've ever seen were wildebeest and that's being charitable! FWIW I'm always happy to see more women riders, that's one less that'll want to be on the back of mine!:rockwoot:

Trip 03-26-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

The answer to your question is another question: How many penises watch motorcross?

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 353780)
The answer to your question is another question: How many penises watch motorcross?

True! Besides, it works the same for the men. Ugly champions, less ads. How many ads were there when Colin Edwards won the WSBK title? Ben Spies-tons! :lol: A number of years ago, there was an Italian kid that won the Moto2 championship. He was OMFG ugly!!! Jacked up teeth, acne everywhere, greasy looking hair, etc. It was like a troll left his cave to race motocross! Very few ads and those had him on the bike wearing a hemet!:lol: How many ads had Ricky Carmichael's face in them? James Stewart is getting his own show and you still can't pick up a MX rag without seeing Travis Pastrana's mug in it!

Trip 03-26-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 353787)
True! Besides, it works the same for the men. Ugly champions, less ads. How many ads were there when Colin Edwards won the WSBK title? Ben Spies-tons! :lol: A number of years ago, there was an Italian kid that won the Moto2 championship. He was OMFG ugly!!! Jacked up teeth, acne everywhere, greasy looking hair, etc. It was like a troll left his cave to race motocross! Very few ads and those had him on the bike wearing a hemet!:lol: How many ads had Ricky Carmichael's face in them? James Stewart is getting his own show and you still can't pick up a MX rag without seeing Travis Pastrana's mug in it!

For girls it's more important. Guys are the target audience for motorcycle racing. The are the majority audience that watches it. Guys don't care if other guys are hot. They will still watch the races. For girls, guys aren't going to watch them just for the racing.

Amber Lamps 03-26-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 353792)
For girls it's more important. Guys are the target audience for motorcycle racing. The are the majority audience that watches it. Guys don't care if other guys are hot. They will still watch the races. For girls, guys aren't going to watch them just for the racing.

Boy that's for sure in most cases! It's been debated to death but I will never understand why women aren't out killing it in motorcycle racing. They seem physically perfect for it!:idk:

Trip 03-26-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 353794)
Boy that's for sure in most cases! It's been debated to death but I will never understand why women aren't out killing it in motorcycle racing. They seem physically perfect for it!:idk:

They don't have the same opportunities and equipment as the high caliber men.

racedoll 03-29-2010 06:40 PM

Great video!

Mrs. Colleen 03-29-2010 08:01 PM

Great video.

I was just at CA Speedway yesterday watching AMA. There is a girl in the Supersport series...16 years old. She got 4th yesterday and is tied for second in the championship. :cool:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47...--PICT9544.jpg

Also met Melissa Paris yesterday, although she did not ride.

Papa_Complex 03-31-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 353792)

Which explains why our Women's Cup series puts out a calendar every year (this year with less skin).

Rider 03-31-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

More than watch MotoGP(In the US).

shmike 03-31-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 354787)
Great video.

I was just at CA Speedway yesterday watching AMA. There is a girl in the Supersport series...16 years old. She got 4th yesterday and is tied for second in the championship. :cool:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47...--PICT9544.jpg

Also met Melissa Paris yesterday, although she did not ride.

Are you sure she is 16?

I swear I thought she was 18.

Now I feel dirty.

I saw her race at Daytona. She's pretty fast.

It won't hurt her career that she's cute though. ;)

Mrs. Colleen 03-31-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 355835)
Are you sure she is 16?

I swear I thought she was 18.

Now I feel dirty.

I saw her race at Daytona. She's pretty fast.

It won't hurt her career that she's cute though. ;)

:lol: Printed this month...

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/748/61...ort-Debut.aspx

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ra...ena-myers.html

Rider 03-31-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

I think there was a girl in the WSBK supersport race. Can't remember her name though.

Mrs. Colleen 03-31-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 355868)
I think there was a girl in the WSBK supersport race. Can't remember her name though.

Was it Melissa Paris? IIRC she had a wild card for a race...?

Rider 03-31-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 355869)

No it wasn't her.

Rider 03-31-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 355869)

No it wasn't her.

Edit.

Paola Cazzola

www.paolacazzola.it

Mrs. Colleen 03-31-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 355871)
No it wasn't her.

Edit.

Paola Cazzola

www.paolacazzola.it

:beers: I wish I could read the site. :lol:

Mrs. Colleen 03-31-2010 04:10 PM

Are you kidding me?! Melissa Paris bio....

Quote:

At age 21, less than a year after learning to ride, Melissa entered her first race at Streets of Willow Springs aboard a CBR600RR -By the end of the season she had achieved expert status and switched to the 125GP class.
I know she is not top in her class right now but IMO that is impressive. :beers:

Dave 03-31-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 355876)

I know she is not top in her class right now but IMO that is impressive. :beers:

damn skippy. Girl has a helluva story

Papa_Complex 03-31-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 355876)

Well she definitely railed that 125 around the track.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/mult...3/P7273500.JPG

racedoll 03-31-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 355867)

Elena has sure grown up since seeing her at Mid-Ohio a couple years ago.

Amber Lamps 03-31-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 355875)

google translate.

racedoll 03-31-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 355875)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 355957)
google translate.

Click on the English button in the upper left corner.

Amber Lamps 03-31-2010 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ummmm....

Didn't you notice the "Ital/English' button upper left?:lol:

Amber Lamps 03-31-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 355960)
Click on the English button in the upper left corner.

Aw... I was busy cropping and what not....:lol:

Mrs. Colleen 03-31-2010 09:57 PM

Haha...oops...:lol:

racedoll 03-31-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 355965)
Aw... I was busy cropping and what not....:lol:

Good cover :lol:

Amber Lamps 03-31-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 355975)
Good cover :lol:

Nah really...:lol: Actually, I was grilling a steak (over-cooked it a little..) and post whoring. I couldn't remember how to print the stupid screen at first...:lol:

fnfalman 03-31-2010 10:57 PM

Samuela de Nardi. Enough said.

http://www.rsv.wz.cz/foto/woman-rsv-9.jpg

Amber Lamps 03-31-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 355992)
Samuela de Nardi. Enough said.

http://www.rsv.wz.cz/foto/woman-rsv-9.jpg

Two words: MAN HANDS

Two more words: NOT HOT

HokieDNA01 04-01-2010 01:02 AM

feel what it is like to "ride like a girl" GO ELENA!! Wish I had started when I was as young as she did. No fear at that age.

And to answer Tigger's question on why women aren't more of a presence on racing. Not many girls are started at a young age on bikes like boys are. When you do start them very young....this is the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CpOAODZbz8

Love this video of her blowing by full size bikes on the outside on a 125/250. I forget how old she is in this vid. 12 I believe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCKy2...eature=related

fnfalman 04-01-2010 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 356004)

Not hot?

R U GHEY?:?:

Amber Lamps 04-01-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 356043)
Not hot?

R U GHEY?:?:

no I just have a different opinion from yours...I understand that women who ride Are judged by a different rule set but really, not hot in my humble opinion.

racedoll 04-01-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 356004)

Scary, but I was thinking the exact same thing (with the man hands).

Rangerscott 04-01-2010 09:30 PM

haha. Women can't even drive. How in the hell do they expect themselves to ride a motorcycle. Women motorcycles. Bawhahaha. Next they'll probably want to drive a big rig.

I've always wondering what the men:women ratio is of America and the UK. I've only seen about 4 or 5 sports and probably 25 or so cruiser women riders in the city of over 250,000 I live in. I'm sure there are more women on cruisers than sports (including anything other than cruisers)

Rangerscott 04-01-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 356035)
feel what it is like to "ride like a girl" GO ELENA!! Wish I had started when I was as young as she did. No fear at that age.

And to answer Tigger's question on why women aren't more of a presence on racing. Not many girls are started at a young age on bikes like boys are. When you do start them very young....this is the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CpOAODZbz8

Love this video of her blowing by full size bikes on the outside on a 125/250. I forget how old she is in this vid. 12 I believe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCKy2...eature=related

By the exhaust tubing size before the can, I'd say 125cc.

racedoll 04-01-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 356462)
Next they'll probably want to drive a big rig.

There is actually one female on ice road truckers.

Rangerscott 04-01-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 356464)
There is actually one female on ice road truckers.

I know suga pie. I think she's a hottie.

Amber Lamps 04-01-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 356470)
I know suga pie. I think she's a hottie.

mediocre at best...just driving a truck does not make a girl hot automatically.:idk:

Dave 04-02-2010 10:02 AM

got another one, samuela di nardi is confirmed as a rider for the parkalgar triumph one make series

Amber Lamps 04-02-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 356555)
got another one, samuela di nardi is confirmed as a rider for the parkalgar triumph one make series

Gimmick... I honestly wish for a girl that can actually race with the big boys! I mean, *YAY* that chick can pass some chumps at a local track day, good for her but where is she on the grid? How many times did she get lapped? As far as cutting girls a break based on when they started riding, Steve Rapp was well into his 20s before he ever got on a bike.:idk: I'm just tired of all the fan fare whenever a chick makes the grid...Let's see some results!

Heck, you didn't her me crowing when Montel was racing for Jordan... "Look a black guy is racing!". He didn't finish for crap! Does he get the same excuses? Trust me, there are a heck of a lot more black guys that ride than women.:idk:

Dave 04-02-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 356601)
Gimmick... I honestly wish for a girl that can actually race with the big boys! I mean, *YAY* that chick can pass some chumps at a local track day, good for her but where is she on the grid? How many times did she get lapped? As far as cutting girls a break based on when they started riding, Steve Rapp was well into his 20s before he ever got on a bike.:idk: I'm just tired of all the fan fare whenever a chick makes the grid...Let's see some results!

Heck, you didn't her me crowing when Montel was racing for Jordan... "Look a black guy is racing!". He didn't finish for crap! Does he get the same excuses? Trust me, there are a heck of a lot more black guys that ride than women.:idk:

wish i could give you stats from her history but i cant read italian :lol: easy on the eyes though ran her wiki page through google translate. Buncha dirt time and 125s, 8 hours of suzuka and was recently riding an rsv 1k for aprilia in some home series

Mrs. Colleen 04-02-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Elena Myers is tied for second in AMA Pro SuperSport. I am interested to see where she goes next since she is only 16 now. :beers:

Amber Lamps 04-02-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 356705)
Elena Myers is tied for second in AMA Pro SuperSport. I am interested to see where she goes next since she is only 16 now. :beers:

God please let her kick some ass!!!!:rockwoot:

Dave 04-03-2010 12:42 AM

ya know id bring up angelle savoie, but she doesnt have to turn

Amber Lamps 04-03-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 356758)
ya know id bring up angelle savoie, but she doesnt have to turn

Yea, not to mention that with the electronics these things have on them now, they barely have to do anything but hold on and twist the throttle.

fnfalman 04-05-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Gimmick? Samuela di Nardi raced at the Suzuka 8-hrs.

Amber Lamps 04-06-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 357581)
Gimmick? Samuela di Nardi raced at the Suzuka 8-hrs.

Oh yea? How'd she do?:wink:

Papa_Complex 04-06-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 357912)
Oh yea? How'd she do?:wink:

43 place; ahead of 15 male teams and everyone here ;)

Amber Lamps 04-06-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 357933)
43 place; ahead of 15 male teams and everyone here ;)

Wow 43rd...:lol: GIMMICK!!! Any one of 1,000 male racers could have done that well/poorly. Big deal! Oh and btw I don't race, if every time someone criticizes any racer's stats the answer will be be, "they are faster than you...", I guess that none of us are allowed to criticize or even comment on racing what so ever.:idk: In fact, I guess that goes for ALL competitive endeavors...if you can't demonstrably do some thing better, you are not allowed to comment.:lol:

fnfalman 04-09-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 358356)
Wow 43rd...:lol: GIMMICK!!! Any one of 1,000 male racers could have done that well/poorly. Big deal! Oh and btw I don't race, if every time someone criticizes any racer's stats the answer will be be, "they are faster than you...", I guess that none of us are allowed to criticize or even comment on racing what so ever.:idk: In fact, I guess that goes for ALL competitive endeavors...if you can't demonstrably do some thing better, you are not allowed to comment.:lol:

So, you don't race but Samuela di Nardi does professionally. She even participated in the Suzuka 8-hrs and finished before a bunch of males. But she's "gimmick".

Okay, you're the man, Valentino Rossi.:lol

BTW, which one of the 1000 male racers that raced at Suzuka? Bostrom Brothers? Jake Zemke, Miguel Duhamel? Matt Mladin?

Papa_Complex 04-09-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 358356)

I didn't include the dozen+ DNFs. Remember, she still finished ahead of 45, of those "1000 male racers" who DIDN'T do that well/poorly.

OreoGaborio 04-09-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 356463)
By the exhaust tubing size before the can, I'd say 125cc.

Well the diameter of the exhaust is the same on a 125 as on a 250 because a 250 has dual pipes, one for each of it's 125cc cylinders.

So based on the size of the rear tire and the fact that it only has a single exhaust pipe, i'd say good guess, cuz you're right. :P

PS, that land speed chick in the first vid.... I dunno what it is about her but does absolutely nothing for me... I've seen her in a few videos.... Think she seems like too much of a princess/attention whore.

Amber Lamps 04-09-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 360150)
I didn't include the dozen+ DNFs. Remember, she still finished ahead of 45, of those "1000 male racers" who DIDN'T do that well/poorly.

But they didn't even sign up...it's not as if every racer in the world signed up to do the Suzuka 8 hour and she qualified fastest thus landing the seat. She is fast "for a female" so they signed her up, took tons of semi-cheesecake/glamor shot photos and she came in in front of several other nobodies who race "who's that" sponsored bikes...hurray!!! Seriously, who exactly races in the endurance class?:idk:

It would be exactly the same thing if a black guy entered the Suzuka 8 hour and came in 51st and I came on here posting how great he is...:lol:

"FIM- Brothers Ride

Tyrone Washington rode like the popo were after him on Sun, coming in 51st out of the 75 riders who started the race. Tyrone managed to bring the Cadillac, Soul Glo and Colt 45 sponsored Hayabusa in to 51st even after his all Negro pit crew got high, ate some ribs/collard greens and took off after only 4 1/2 hours. When interviewed by Jet magazine after his accomplishment, Tyrone gave a 45 minute thank you speech during which he thanked his Mama for raising him by herself, his boys back in the '213' and the good lord Jesus Christ without which nothing is possible...":lol:

Amber Lamps 04-09-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 360148)
So, you don't race but Samuela di Nardi does professionally. She even participated in the Suzuka 8-hrs and finished before a bunch of males. But she's "gimmick".

Okay, you're the man, Valentino Rossi.:lol

BTW, which one of the 1000 male racers that raced at Suzuka? Bostrom Brothers? Jake Zemke, Miguel Duhamel? Matt Mladin?

Sir, 42 guys finished ahead of those losers as well, where are their articles and newspaper spreads? Do you even know off the top of your head who the top three finishers were? I sure don't but the air waves are buzzing with her 43rd place finish! Seriously, without looking it up, I defy you to list the top ten finishers in that race.:lol:

OreoGaborio 04-09-2010 07:52 PM

wow, you just lost all credibility in this discussion...

Amber Lamps 04-09-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 360228)
wow, you just lost all credibility in this discussion...

Shhhh...I'm just messing around. I don't care about what's her name. I just wish that they would acknowledge that a 43rd place at the Suzuka 8 hour wouldn't mean crap if it were a guy the did it.

OreoGaborio 04-09-2010 07:58 PM

what if it were me? Would it not have meant crap if I did it?

Simply finishing is a feat in itself.

Amber Lamps 04-09-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 360231)
what if it were me? Would it not have meant crap if I did it?

Simply finishing is a feat in itself.

I would have meant something to you of course, but would you expect world wide renown and laborious accolades extolling your greatness? Oh and I'm sorry but if I run the Boston marathon and finish 5 hours after the winner, I won't be expecting front page news stories...:lol: I'm not exactly sure why finishing an eight hour race when you're part of a multi rider team is so amazing...for all we know, the guys may have even carried her...btw what year was she in it? Heck, last year only 47 teams or so finished.