Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Expensive Day (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16490)

Trip 09-22-2010 12:17 PM

Expensive Day

series of pics:
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Th...7&g=0QAK00SR0B

http://www.photoreflect.com/web/bin/...1EA106CBEE3EB0

tommymac 09-22-2010 12:21 PM

That sux, cant be cheap fixing all that stuff on a new priller.

Dave 09-22-2010 12:25 PM

Owww

Trip 09-22-2010 12:28 PM

Temp plates too, some military guy with too much bonus cash.

http://us129photos.com/images/storie...20100921/2.jpg

Trip 09-22-2010 12:29 PM

HE could show his buds this pic and they would think he was bad ass though. This is a really cool pic if you didn't know what came after.

http://us129photos.com/images/storie...20100921/1.jpg

the chi 09-22-2010 12:29 PM

I hurt for the bike.

Props to the dude tho, he got back on and apparently rode it back down the hill.

I like the sparklies tho, neat touch.

Nahhh, you can see he's going down. When I saw that pic I wondered what might be going through his head at that moment...

Dave 09-22-2010 12:32 PM

What's the cord from the seat? And at least he had sliders

Trip 09-22-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 411119)
Nahhh, you can see he's going down. When I saw that pic I wondered what might be going through his head at that moment...

He actually looks like quite a few locals, so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Quote:

What's the cord from the seat? And at least he had sliders
probably a headset cable

askmrjesus 09-22-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

When I saw that pic I wondered what might be going through his head at that moment...

I believe it was FUCK!

JC

Dnyce 09-22-2010 12:38 PM

i was wondering that too, at first i thought it was a tether kill, but maybe its for a radio

KSGregman 09-22-2010 12:56 PM

Ouch....

That is gonna hurt both the ego and the wallet.

derf 09-22-2010 12:59 PM

He was wearing full gear, and was able to ride the bike away, good for him

marko138 09-22-2010 12:59 PM

Totally shitty.

wildchild 09-22-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

mulligan dammit mulligan

Particle Man 09-22-2010 04:30 PM

Ouch. He can't be too happy

CrazyKell 09-22-2010 04:48 PM

That'll buff right out. ;)

Glad for full gear!

Evadd 09-22-2010 05:20 PM

i'm all for great crash pics, but there comes a time when you should put down the damn camera and help them pull the bike out of the bushes. i'm pretty sure i'd have been throwing both obscenities and rocks at the photog if he just stood there snapping pics the whole time.

Switch 09-22-2010 05:35 PM

Stop, HAMMERTIME.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_eJgBsPDC44M/TJ...hammertime.PNG

derf 09-22-2010 05:36 PM

That bike was far down there, and there was already a tow truck involved, the cameraman would have been getting in the way. Plus I think its a chick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonesaw (Post 411229)

thought the same thing

Trip 09-22-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 411230)
That bike was far down there, and there was already a tow truck involved, the cameraman would have been getting in the way. Plus I think its a chick.

People helped him once the tow truck got there. They guided it back up the hill. It was a dude.

derf 09-22-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 411259)
People helped him once the tow truck got there. They guided it back up the hill. It was a dude.

Doesnt matter either way, the guy still had a seperate job to do and it wasnt to help someone who was already out of danger. If the guy was hurt on the floor broken and squirming in pain and the dude kept taking photos I would have a problem with it, from what the photo tells me, dude was out of danger

101lifts2 09-22-2010 11:00 PM

Draggin hard parts is usually going to make you go down. Didn't look like that far of a lean angle to be dragging stuff. I think the 600s have better clearance.

Dave 09-22-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 411303)
Draggin hard parts is usually going to make you go down. Didn't look like that far of a lean angle to be dragging stuff. I think the 600s have better clearance.

WUT?

101lifts2 09-22-2010 11:09 PM

Look at the 7th pic....the rear wheel was up in the air and didn't spin around. Something picked up the bike so the rear lost traction.

The pic you posted looks like the exhaust is already on the ground..hence the sparkies.

Evadd 09-22-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 411273)
Doesnt matter either way, the guy still had a seperate job to do and it wasnt to help someone who was already out of danger. If the guy was hurt on the floor broken and squirming in pain and the dude kept taking photos I would have a problem with it, from what the photo tells me, dude was out of danger

sure. not your problem, so why give a rat's ass to lend a helping hand? :td:

put yourself in someone else's shoes for a minute: if you were trying to dig your bike out of the trees and some fool is standing 20 feet away snappin photos instead of helping, would you be happy about it?

Dave 09-23-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 411311)
Look at the 7th pic....the rear wheel was up in the air and didn't spin around. Something picked up the bike so the rear lost traction.

The pic you posted looks like the exhaust is already on the ground..hence the sparkies.

im responding to your dont think hes over far enough business. look at my avy, hes past tomizawa :lol:

101lifts2 09-23-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 411325)
im responding to your dont think hes over far enough business. look at my avy, hes past tomizawa :lol:

Oh yeah he's leaned over far, but he lowsided because he dragged hard parts, not because the tires let go. At least that is what appears to me.

derf 09-23-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evadd (Post 411316)

put yourself in someone else's shoes for a minute: if you were trying to dig your bike out of the trees and some fool is standing 20 feet away snappin photos instead of helping, would you be happy about it?

Exactly its not the guys problem, his problem is that he needs to keep taking pictures of all the bikes riding by to get the best shot so that some dick on a harley might buy a picture a few weeks from then and put some food on the guys table. Is his job to take pictures and without those pictures there is no income, so yes a long as everything is alright its not the photogs problem.

Having met some of them, I guarantee that he didnt just stand there, prolly offered the guy some TP, something to drink, a chair, offered to get help, did everything he could to help the guy. But from the looks of it there were 4 other people pulling that bike out of the woods, they didnt need help

Rider 09-23-2010 08:09 AM

Dude needed to get off the bike more. Oh well, insurance will get him a new bike.

snobuny 09-23-2010 08:19 AM

Pics like that happen so fast when you have the camera, I have been there! Those cameras take up to 15 frames per second. He could have snappen all those pics, dropped the camera in a safe place and been over to stop traffic before the dust settled and it was safe for him to be on the road. These photographers go out of their way to help people, they don't just stand there and watch you bleed.

I say he was lucky for it to happen where someone could help him (or he knew the camera guy was there and trying for a good shot.....always a bad idea!), cell coverage is spotty in that area. Glad to see he had on gear, made this less painful than it could have been.

Now on to the pics, its ok to drag a knee but if you are not getting off the bike and you arn't rossi you need to spend some time on the basics! Dragging a knee is so you can keep the bike in a safer, more upright position and keep them hard parts off the ground with better contact patches on the tires......i.e. keith code!

I know when I am on my track bike and the toe touches, the rearset is next and the ground is not far behind unless I get my tush off to the side more or lever the bike up with my knee.

Hopefully someone will let him know about riding technique. Still a great set of pic's from a photographers perspective.

Trip 09-23-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evadd (Post 411316)

Seriously, why are you being such a fuckin douche about this? HE DID GIVE A HELPING HAND AFTER THE GUY QUIT SPINNING. These photographers see wrecks all the time. Look at Killboy.com, there is like 2 or 3 wrecks on the front page this week. They check on the rider/driver after each one. The guy paid for a tow service to get him back up the mountain, not the photog. They can't run around the gap helping every idiot that flys off the mountain. They have no concern for bike damage, they will assist in what they can in human damage.

Seriously don't come to the gap because you obviously have no fucking idea what you are talking about and don't understand how much help the photog's are to the place.

the chi 09-23-2010 09:02 AM

I would LOVE to have pics of my crash...it'd be worth every penny to make a flip book outta it. :lol:

Seriously tho, Evadd how do you know the guy didnt ask them to get some shots of pulling it up the mountain? I know I would have just for the novelties sake.

marko138 09-23-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 411364)
I would LOVE to have pics of my crash...it'd be worth every penny to make a flip book outta it. :lol:

Seriously tho, Evadd how do you know the guy didnt ask them to get some shots of pulling it up the mountain? I know I would have just for the novelties sake.

For sure, If I'm going down it would be cool to have pics....to look at at a much later date. :lol:

Switch 09-23-2010 11:29 AM

He probably dragged his right peg and it unset the suspension, thus eliminating any traction the rear wheel had, causing him to spin like that.

Cutty72 09-23-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 411114)
Temp plates too, some military guy with too much bonus cash.

Why does it have to always be a military guy? Maybe its an engineer that thought it would be cool to have the bestest bike evar so he can ride like rossi.
Or do you know the guy, so you know his story?

And after putting the bike down, why would you not put your jacket back on to ride it out?

Dave 09-23-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonesaw (Post 411403)
He probably dragged his right peg and it unset the suspension, thus eliminating any traction the rear wheel had, causing him to spin like that.

Those things do come with some pretty epic feelers

Dave 09-23-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 411409)
Why does it have to always be a military guy? Maybe its an engineer that thought it would be cool to have the bestest bike evar so he can ride like rossi.

And after putting the bike down, why would you not put your jacket back on to ride it out?

Good point, though if I had the chance to re-up for 15k tax free again id cert dump it right into a rsv4r just like it, albiet in black :lol:

Cutty72 09-23-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 411412)
Good point, though if I had the chance to re-up for 15k tax free again id cert dump it right into a rsv4r just like it, albiet in black :lol:

Yeah, I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But why is that always everyones first assumption.

Trip 09-23-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 411409)

Because it was posted on the local forum and the photog and local that helped him pull it out talked to him for awhile waiting for the tow truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 411414)
Yeah, I'm not saying it doesn't happen. But why is that always everyones first assumption.

it wasn't an assumption, it was fact

z06boy 09-23-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 411370)
For sure, If I'm going down it would be cool to have pics....to look at at a much later date. :lol:

Yep because when I got hit several years ago on the Big Dog Bull Dog that I owned I had a compound fracture of my femur and have often wondered if it was already sticking out (had to be) and what it must have looked like when I went flying over the car and thru the air for a little while plus bouncing/tumbling down the road. I wonder if my leg was flopping around in weird positions the whole time. I wouldn't have wanted to see it right then but now I'd love too !! :lol:

Cutty72 09-23-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 411416)
Because it was posted on the local forum and the photog and local that helped him pull it out talked to him for awhile waiting for the tow truck.

it wasn't an assumption, it was fact

Well then it's fine.

Evadd 09-23-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 411362)
Seriously, why are you being such a fuckin douche about this? HE DID GIVE A HELPING HAND AFTER THE GUY QUIT SPINNING. These photographers see wrecks all the time. Look at Killboy.com, there is like 2 or 3 wrecks on the front page this week. They check on the rider/driver after each one. The guy paid for a tow service to get him back up the mountain, not the photog. They can't run around the gap helping every idiot that flys off the mountain. They have no concern for bike damage, they will assist in what they can in human damage.

Seriously don't come to the gap because you obviously have no fucking idea what you are talking about and don't understand how much help the photog's are to the place.

is this the part where you tell me locals rule? no, that would be a waste of your time? so this is the part where you kick my ass? :tremble:

in any case, i stand by statement about Derf saying "i don't need to help b/c it's not my job". that's still BS, and if you agree, then you're the kind of person i don't hang around long.

btw, if you had actual info that could have cleared it up like "the photog DID help him out" that would have been useful and i would have dropped it right away, instead of flyin off your horse and calling people a fuckin douche. you fuckin douche.

Trip 09-23-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evadd (Post 411426)
is this the part where you tell me locals rule? no, that would be a waste of your time? so this is the part where you kick my ass? :tremble:

in any case, i stand by statement about Derf saying "i don't need to help b/c it's not my job". that's still BS, and if you agree, then you're the kind of person i don't hang around long.

btw, if you had actual info that could have cleared it up like "the photog DID help him out" that would have been useful and i would have dropped it right away, instead of flyin off your horse and calling people a fuckin douche. you fuckin douche.

Dude, you are the one who came in here blasting the photog for no reason because you made assumptions based on a photo. You are being a douche about it.

The photog's use to help pull bikes down from the hillside, they had tow ropes and would get people back on the road before anyone even knew there was an accident. The problem is that if they do that, riders can flee the scene of an accident and the photog can get in trouble for assisting. They stopped doing it because they are trying to operate legitimate businesses. They let the cops and tow trucks do the work now. They continue running their business like they should. They have no issue helping with someone injured til medical services arrive, but bike recovery is not part of their services and it shouldn't be because of the legal rammifications that can come from it.

Other locals stopped to help this guy out to guide his bike back up the hill with the tow truck people so they wouldn't fuck up his bike. There was more than this photog at this turn when it happened. The guy had assistance and was very thankful to the people that helped him out. A local even followed this man to wheeler's because he had no rear brake and a partially stuck throttle, but that probably isn't helpful enough to you.

Switch 09-23-2010 12:47 PM

Why do you even respond to trolling?

Evadd 09-23-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 411438)
Dude, you are the one who came in here blasting the photog for no reason because you made assumptions based on a photo. You are being a douche about it.

The photog's use to help pull bikes down from the hillside, they had tow ropes and would get people back on the road before anyone even knew there was an accident. The problem is that if they do that, riders can flee the scene of an accident and the photog can get in trouble for assisting. They stopped doing it because they are trying to operate legitimate businesses. They let the cops and tow trucks do the work now. They continue running their business like they should. They have no issue helping with someone injured til medical services arrive, but bike recovery is not part of their services and it shouldn't be because of the legal rammifications that can come from it.

Other locals stopped to help this guy out to guide his bike back up the hill with the tow truck people so they wouldn't fuck up his bike. There was more than this photog at this turn when it happened. The guy had assistance and was very thankful to the people that helped him out. A local even followed this man to wheeler's because he had no rear brake and a partially stuck throttle, but that probably isn't helpful enough to you.

some of that is helpful; thanks for providing info. had you done it from the beginning, i would have shut up. but no, you came running back with your unnecessary name-calling. pretty douchey of yourself.

Bonesaw - no trolling here. been here for a couple years after CF went under. i don't post all that much, but am around more now that i miss a lot of the CF people.

anywho, i apologize for getting the thread off track.

derf 09-23-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evadd (Post 411458)
some of that is helpful; thanks for providing info. had you done it from the beginning, i would have shut up. but no, you came running back with your unnecessary name-calling. pretty douchey of yourself.

Bonesaw - no trolling here. been here for a couple years after CF went under. i don't post all that much, but am around more now that i miss a lot of the CF people.

anywho, i apologize for getting the thread off track.

Naw I still gotta disagree with you, its not the photogs job. I'm sure he would have helped if the guy was dying on the road but the guy needs to make a living, and the only way they make money is by taking photos, plus how many asshats do you think wreck right in front of them? If they tried to help recover every bike they would never take any pictures.

101lifts2 09-23-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonesaw (Post 411446)
Why do you even respond to trolling?

He isn't trolling broham...he's a doctor....someone who actually cares about helping others. I know..I know..it hard to understand. redflip

Kaneman 09-23-2010 07:49 PM

I've never seen a NASCAR camera man run onto the track after a crash to make sure the driver was ok...

Just sayin'

101lifts2 09-23-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 411362)
....Seriously don't come to the gap because you obviously have no fucking idea what you are talking about and don't understand how much help the photog's are to the place.

I've seen more first hand road crashes then most on here and we in almost all cases help the rider as well as get his bike back upright on the road. We usually roll it up in someone's truck.

But you have a point in that there are many other people to help as well. You really do need the camera man for the memory pics. :lol:

Homeslice 09-23-2010 08:20 PM

The guy is in the process of crashing, the photog can't help during that process. Let the guy finish crashing and THEN run over to help. Simple lowside anyway, he didn't hit a guardrail or anything.

Sweet pics. Ditch the outdated boots though........Velcro flaps on the inside of the leg suck, because they get stuck on your rearsets.

101lifts2 09-23-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 411525)
The guy is in the process of crashing, the photog can't help during that process. Let the guy finish crashing and THEN run over to help. Simple lowside anyway, he didn't hit a guardrail or anything.

Sweet pics. Ditch the outdated boots though........Velcro flaps on the inside of the leg suck, because they get stuck on your rearsets.

Not with pants over it.redflip

TYEster 09-23-2010 08:30 PM

This is why I never even bothered to test ride AF1s demo RSV4.

I couldn't afford to buy it, to ride it or to wreck it. And if I can't do those 3 things and still come on top, I shouldn't own it.

Homeslice 09-23-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 411526)
Not with pants over it.redflip

You mean with Dainese's pant-over-boot suits? I thought they stopped making those. Dumb idea anyway, IMO.

Gas Man 10-02-2010 09:31 PM

At least he was geared up...

No Worries 10-03-2010 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 411117)
HE could show his buds this pic and they would think he was bad ass though. This is a really cool pic if you didn't know what came after.

From this picture angle, it looks like the rider came downhill. I know I have old bikes, but do you not have to use the brakes on new bikes?

I use my brakes before the turn and keep them on in downhill curves. Especially when it's as sharp as this turn. If I see a curve like this up ahead, I will at least cover the brake lever. And yes, I have put the brakes on lightly in a corner.

Who knows, if he had the brakes on, it might have slowed him enough, and changed the bike's geometry enough that he would have made the corner. Whatever happened to "slow in, fast out?"

Plus, he's using the inside tire track on a right-hand turn. That's the tightest radius. Good for the track, but not so good on roads, as that's where cars and trucks kick up gravel from cutting the corner. If he had used the outside tire track, he would have a wider radius, would have a better view around the corner, and still wouldn't have to worry about his head crossing the double yellow.