Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Model Reviews (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Rode my 1st Harley Davidson (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2779)

marko138 10-07-2008 04:02 PM

Rode my 1st Harley Davidson

...and I must say...I liked it!

I had to go to the dealer today to have a headlight recall done on my bike. So while I waited I decided to take the VRod out for a spin. It was brand new...only 10 miles on it when I pulled out of the parking lot.

Very quiet stock exhaust. The weight wasn't what I expected. Took little effort to get it up off the kick stand. Clutch engages way out at the end of the lever travel....opposite of my Buell.

It was very comfortable with the forward controls. The seat felt GREAT. Nice little pad against the butt to stop you from flying off the back.

Handled MUCH better than I expected. Big 240 rear tire...but it moves plenty well through a corner. I scraped pegs or boot just about every time I leaned over though. Over all not bad for a big cruiser.

Brakes felt nice and solid...ABS is nice...but didn't test it.

Rev's very slow...meaning...I gave it the berries a few times leaving stop signs and it would take off very quickly... I'd look down and it's only pulling 5 grand (red line is 9,000rpm).

I was very impressed with it. I'd buy one if I had the money. Loved it.

Stock photo:
http://images.motorcyclecruiser.com/...ight_front.jpg

Rider 10-07-2008 04:05 PM

Are they using special engine mounts to dampen the vibes or is it typical rattle your teeth out Harley?

marko138 10-07-2008 04:06 PM

Nope...really smooth. Tranny was nice and slick too.

Carolina 10-07-2008 04:09 PM

yup my coworker has one. i rode a couple dif models and their fun. couple kaw,zuk,honda cruisers, shit i love everything. The only prob I had I was so scared to lean them because my friends floor boards would scrape even barely turning. I have seen another buddy though lean the shit out of his kaw and take corners pretty fast. If I ever get some loot i'm def buying a cruiser as a second ride they were so much comfy than a sportbike,felt like driving a big ass couch with a lot of power. good review

marko138 10-07-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina (Post 77208)
yup my coworker has one. i rode a couple dif models and their fun. couple kaw,zuk,honda cruisers, shit i love everything. The only prob I had I was so scared to lean them because my friends floor boards would scrape even barely turning. I have seen another buddy though lean the shit out of his kaw and take corners pretty fast. If I ever get some loot i'm def buying a cruiser as a second ride they were so much comfy than a sportbike,felt like driving a big ass couch with a lot of power. good review

It was fun fast and comfortable. I'd buy one today if I had the cash.

the chi 10-07-2008 04:14 PM

there is something to be said about a finely balanced cruiser, sounds like ya had fun!

One question tho, upon returning it they didnt question the scraping of the pegs at all?

marko138 10-07-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 77214)
there is something to be said about a finely balanced cruiser, sounds like ya had fun!

One question tho, upon returning it they didnt question the scraping of the pegs at all?

Nope...I told the guy about it half way through the ride....he asked me what I thought at a stop sign.

He was the sales manager...and he was hauling ASS around these corners. I was doing my best to keep up on a bike I didn't know.

(Don't worry...I was in full control.)

the chi 10-07-2008 04:18 PM

thats pretty friggin cool! Our local dealers dont typically offer or allow test rides, so I wasnt sure how theyd feel about that kinda thing.

Would never worry about you being in control or not, a few others, maaaybe...

marko138 10-07-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 77216)
thats pretty friggin cool! Our local dealers dont typically offer or allow test rides, so I wasnt sure how theyd feel about that kinda thing.

Would never worry about you being in control or not, a few others, maaaybe...

This guy could rail on whatever HD he was on. Maybe a night train. He also knew the roads. In fact, when I told him about scraping...he said "thats what the feelers are for!". :lol:

ontwo 10-07-2008 04:25 PM

That bike is sick :drool: