Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   the new Honda Prius...er I mean Insight (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=4077)

pauldun170 12-03-2008 02:47 PM

the new Honda Prius...er I mean Insight

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/03/p...fficial-image/

Hondahugger 12-03-2008 02:50 PM

Don't even get me started on Hybrids today!!!! My battery on wheels had a dead battery this morning!

Rider 12-03-2008 02:54 PM

I could buy a honda fit for $10K less. I'm not going to save $10K is gas in 5-6 years I'd own it so then where it the return on investment? There isn't. Hybrids are dumb. When they make them the same price as an equivalent gas guzzler, Then I will buy one. The Chevy Volt is another good example of overpriced crap. $40K for a sub compact car that has a range of 40 miles..? Come on... Get real.

pauldun170 12-03-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 115798)
I could buy a honda fit for $10K less. I'm not going to save $10K is gas in 5-6 years I'd own it so then where it the return on investment? There isn't. Hybrids are dumb. When they make them the same price as an equivalent gas guzzler, Then I will buy one. The Chevy Volt is another good example of overpriced crap. $40K for a sub compact car that has a range of 40 miles..? Come on... Get real.

The Priu.....I mean Insight is supposed to start under 20K.
The Fit starts at 14.5.

If the Honda Priu...I mean Insight is in the same class as the Prius then the Honda Priu...I mean Insight is in a different class (larger...car. Interior Volume close to a Camry vs a Fit...which can be "tight" for some.

I hate hybrids with the best of em but they are good for the performance metric they are designed for. Interior volume of a large car with the fuel economy of wee mobile.

smileyman 12-03-2008 04:04 PM

$20K gets me a new FZR6 to commute and a new R1 for pimpin!

vickibocc 12-03-2008 07:08 PM

Perhaps the benefits of a hybrid also have to do with the low emissions? Which is good for the environment (ie - all of us), rather than saving money for just yourself

Phenix_Rider 12-03-2008 08:40 PM

meh. Even driving my truck all winter (which is hungry as hell) I average 35mpg between my vehicles. If I had the $20k or whatever, I'd rather get a new truck or add to the two wheeled stable. The bike is a lot more fun in the summer, and the Prius/Hybrid ugliness wouldn't do jack in the snow. Basically, I'm reducing emissions in the summer when everybody starts bitching and reducing the demand for fuel :zowned:

OneSickPsycho 12-03-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 115798)

Yeah, but the smug factor is well worth wasting the extra money. One of the best South Park's EVER.

pauldun170 12-03-2008 10:34 PM

I looked at a Prius and if you don't mind the smallish trunk, it's not a bad deal if you need to lug 4 adults around (commuter car pooling car).
On top of that around town it has some grunt that you won't get in a tiny shitbox.
Sure you can pick up Malibu for a little less but 40+ mpg and a car that seems a little more well put together is an attractive option.

If it fits your needs

byron12 12-04-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 116258)
Yeah, but the smug factor is well worth wasting the extra money. One of the best South Park's EVER.

It is the best south park ever. The drag of charging heavy ass batteries is not efficient at all. Hell my wifes car gets better miliage than any hybrid on the market but its not particularly trendy though. Hybrids are an idiotic fad that a certain type of asshole eats up meanwhile the marketing execs for toyota and honda are laughing all the way to the bank. Hell keeping a old pick up from the seventies that 5 miles to gallon saves way more energy than hybrid since nobody has to build you a new car and ship it to you for you to buy.