Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Got Buell? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=75)

neebelung 02-26-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 786)
The torque on a Buell is UNBELIEVABLE. It's dead flat and monstrous. Think about 83 ft lbs of torque.....and almost all of it available directly off idle. THAT is a fun bike.

....which Buell?

The thing with Buells is... I'm not that attracted to them (yes, yes, that's superficial). I need to have a lust factor with my bike.....

marko138 02-26-2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 794)
....which Buell?

The thing with Buells is... I'm not that attracted to them (yes, yes, that's superficial). I need to have a lust factor with my bike.....

Understandable. The XB's are instant power. Yes the XB's have the Sportster based engine. The 1125R takes just a bit longer to build steam...it hits like a bull at 3k. Also dead flat torque curve. And I speak of the XB12's.

neebelung 02-26-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 799)
Understandable. The XB's are instant power. Yes the XB's have the Sportster based engine. The 1125R takes just a bit longer to build steam...it hits like a bull at 3k. Also dead flat torque curve. And I speak of the XB12's.

Hmmmm..... .well, who knows, I might be able to try one out Monday. There's usually NO line at the Buell tent. I might give it a whirl.

marko138 02-26-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 801)
Hmmmm..... .well, who knows, I might be able to try one out Monday. There's usually NO line at the Buell tent. I might give it a whirl.

Give one a ride. I think you'll love how they handle and the power. The looks aren't for everyone. Me....I love the look. I love the looks of the Buell over EVERYTHING...except maybe the Duc Hypermotard.

neebelung 02-26-2008 10:43 AM

I'll letcha know what I think of it... I do have a soft spot for nekkid/half faired bikes, but just never even really considered a Buell.

Rider 02-26-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 808)
I'll letcha know what I think of it... I do have a soft spot for nekkid/half faired bikes, but just never even really considered a Buell.

The 1125R is a sweet bike, but you need small feet to be able to use the rear brake lever.

neebelung 02-26-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 814)
The 1125R is a sweet bike, but you need small feet to be able to use the rear brake lever.

:lol: Well I don't have little feet, but Im sure they're smaller than the average MAN feet. :nee:

Gas Man 02-27-2008 07:24 AM

Yeah if you want a good street bike you simply must go v-twin. Plus they are more forgiving if you fail to downshift before entering the corner.

And the 1125R is dead ass sexy. A little wide in the front but sweet!!!

Mr Lefty 02-27-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 1229)
Yeah if you want a good street bike you simply must go v-twin. Plus they are more forgiving if you fail to downshift before entering the corner.

And the 1125R is dead ass sexy. A little wide in the front but sweet!!!

that's my only knock against them...

can't wait to see SVrider's when I get to ND in September

Cutty72 02-28-2008 09:11 PM

Any and all asthetic complaints I had against the 1125R went away when i sat on it.
It looks like the sex when mounted!!