Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sportbike theft (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9661)

Particle Man 07-29-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 248713)
so what you are saying is soon police will be pulling us over for unmatched gear? :Lol:

uh oh :lol:

I've been getting ready to invest in some anti-theft stuff since I'm getting my bike into more of a long distance configuration.

Gas Man 07-29-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

And sometimes it would simply be a matter of incorporating some anti-theft devices that are installed on the same models sold elsewhere in the world, like immobilizer systems that must match a chip in the key with a chip in the ignition black box before the bike will start. Yes, it may raise the price of the U.S. model.
All harleys can come with this. Trip was interested in how I use or should I say I don't use my key on my ulta.

Quote:

Tucking it well up under the tank would make it significantly harder to reach and would slow down the ignition swap. Or include an immobilizer-type device in the circuit.
Again the HD is like this

Homeslice 07-30-2009 07:39 AM

Missing in this article is the fact that many bikes are stolen out of private garages only a few weeks after buying them. So unless the thief spotted it on the road and followed it all the way home (doubtful), they are hacking into the databases of dealerships or insurance companies to find buyers of new bikes.

As for locks, buy a chain with links at least 14mm cross-section (can't be cut by anything except a plasma cutter), and put it through your swingarm, not just the wheel.

Sixxxxer 07-30-2009 12:02 PM

Moral of the Story...Ride a Kawasaki

Amber Lamps 07-30-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 249264)
Moral of the Story...Ride a Kawasaki

Yep, who'd want to steal one of those?:lol:

Sixxxxer 07-30-2009 12:07 PM

I just found it weird that Kawi was not mentioned in that article anywhere...

Amber Lamps 07-30-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 249270)
I just found it weird that Kawi was not mentioned in that article anywhere...

I know what you mean, just like how they don't mention alarms at all, strange...:idk:

Sixxxxer 07-30-2009 12:18 PM

Honestly...I think alarms in general on cars and bikes...are pointless...unless it has a built in cutoff when the alarm activates...its just a noicse maker that people think are annoying and loud and they dont go investigate at all.

Amber Lamps 07-30-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 249279)
Honestly...I think alarms in general on cars and bikes...are pointless...unless it has a built in cutoff when the alarm activates...its just a noicse maker that people think are annoying and loud and they dont go investigate at all.

Maybe but I firmly believe that alarms tend to make thieves think twice about bothering your bike. Besides, most bike alarms page the owner and I'm sure that thieves are allergic to getting shot!

Dave 07-30-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 249281)
Maybe but I firmly believe that alarms tend to make thieves think twice about bothering your bike. Besides, most bike alarms page the owner and I'm sure that thieves are allergic to getting shot!

i wish you could rig the alarm to about 10 lbs of c4. He wont be putting his grubby dickbeaters on your shit again