Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What does your bike say about your personality? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14003)

Yaz 03-30-2010 01:47 PM

What does your bike say about your personality?

Noobie here. I'm a writer working on a story for a small, upstart men's magazine -- what sorts of personalities tend to be drawn to particular categories of bikes: cruisers, crotch rockets/rice-burners, vintage, racing-inspired (roadsters, dragsters) and scooters.

Within those, I'd like to identify a model or two that represent the category. And I'm wrapping it together with brief, lighthearted descriptions of the types of people -- both personality- and style-wise -- who tend to be drawn to each.

So, if you're up for it, here are a few basic things I'd need:

1. Your age, location and profession.
3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes.
4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels.
5. Your first bike and how you got it.
6. Your ideal bike.
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories?
8. What does a bike say about its owner?

And please feel free to expand on any of those questions, or on whatever I might not have included but might help readers understand this better.

You can reply via e-mail, if you'd prefer: yasiejko at gmail dot com.

Thanks to all!

Best,
Chris

Mrs. Colleen 03-30-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 355195)
men's magazine

Count me out I guess. :lol:

azoomm 03-30-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen (Post 355198)
Count me out I guess. :lol:

Me too, but Welcome!

EpyonXero 03-30-2010 01:54 PM

What does a car share have to do with anything?

CrazyKell 03-30-2010 01:54 PM

"Crotch rockets" - count me out too. :rolleyes:

Oh ya...and that whole being female thing too.

Welcome I guess. :idk:

smileyman 03-30-2010 01:57 PM

My bikes don't say anything, they can't talk, but if they did they would tell me that reading men's magazines is ghey and to go riding instead...

Yaz 03-30-2010 01:58 PM

Whoops -- forget the car share thing. That crept in there from a previous e-mail.

By the way, I'm not counting out women. I just wanted to be clear that this is for a men's magazine. (www.magazineblu.com) Anyone with thoughts about this is welcome to add to the conversation.

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.

Rider 03-30-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpyonXero (Post 355206)
What does a car share have to do with anything?

I don't even know what a "car share" is.

Rider 03-30-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 355195)
Noobie here. I'm a writer working on a story for a small, upstart men's magazine -- what sorts of personalities tend to be drawn to particular categories of bikes: cruisers, crotch rockets/rice-burners, vintage, racing-inspired (roadsters, dragsters) and scooters.

Within those, I'd like to identify a model or two that represent the category. And I'm wrapping it together with brief, lighthearted descriptions of the types of people -- both personality- and style-wise -- who tend to be drawn to each.

So, if you're up for it, here are a few basic things I'd need:

1. Your age, location and profession.
3. Thoughts about working for a car share although you prefer riding bikes.
4. Your current bike's make and model. Describe how it looks, sounds, feels.
5. Your first bike and how you got it.
6. Your ideal bike.
7. Do you fit the personality most often associated with whichever category of bike you have? Do the personalities of others you know fit their bikes' categories?
8. What does a bike say about its owner?

And please feel free to expand on any of those questions, or on whatever I might not have included but might help readers understand this better.

You can reply via e-mail, if you'd prefer: yasiejko at gmail dot com.

Thanks to all!

Best,
Chris

I have a suggestion. Why don't you stick around for a while, get to know everyone and make your assessment from that. And welcome to TWF.

Yaz 03-30-2010 02:03 PM

Rider: I'd love to, but I just learned of this place and am nearing my deadline. I've spoken with people around the country who ride all sorts of bikes, but it always helps to talk with more people. Members of twowheelfix seem like they'd be perfect for some context and honest thoughts.