Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Mentions to wife that her car needs trnsmission fluid service and (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21778)

pauldun170 09-26-2012 09:56 PM

Mentions to wife that her car needs transmission fluid service and

she comes home with a bill for over $500, an engine cover missing 2 bolts and stupid sticker reminding her to come back in 3 months 3000 miles for an oil change.
Wife decided to try a new shop today that is less than a mile away.
She apparently ask them to do a tuneup because at one point in the past I mentioned I needed to "tune it up aka new plugs, pcv valve filter"

Another reason why I hate automatics and I hate having other people touch my vehicles.

azoomm 09-27-2012 02:33 AM

Oh shit.

Cutty72 09-27-2012 10:02 AM

Which is why the only service the wife is allowed to do on any vehicle is the service she does in the garage.

Trip 09-27-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 520422)
Which is why the only service the wife is allowed to do on any vehicle is the service she does in the garage.

Sucks for you, I allow my wife to do service on vehicles in the garage and pretty much anywhere else she wants.

RACER X 09-27-2012 01:23 PM

last repair job WE did on the car entailed replacing a gear that operates the power locks

Z got the door panels off, i did the getting the module out that held that gear, and replacing the gear.

Rangerscott 09-27-2012 06:06 PM

My mother got a flat so instead of calling her husband or me, she calls her sister and they decided to get 4 new tires when there was still 50% or more tread on the ones she had.

Homeslice 09-27-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 520384)
she comes home with a bill for over $500, an engine cover missing 2 bolts and stupid sticker reminding her to come back in 3 months 3000 miles for an oil change.
Wife decided to try a new shop today that is less than a mile away.
She apparently ask them to do a tuneup because at one point in the past I mentioned I needed to "tune it up aka new plugs, pcv valve filter"

Another reason why I hate automatics and I hate having other people touch my vehicles.

LOL, engine cover? You mean the ghey plastic shroud? Just leave it off, and tell your wife it'll run cooler.

And 3,000 oil changes are a waste of money unless you have a turbo car that sees primarily stop-n-go traffic.

And I wish the phrase "tune up" would go away -- it gives shops an excuse to perform a "package" of services that you didn't need.

Cutty72 09-27-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 520428)
Sucks for you, I allow my wife to do service on vehicles in the garage and pretty much anywhere else she wants.

You have not seen my new garage. 3 oversized stalls, one for her to park, one for me to park, and one to wrench / park bikes in summer.
Oh, and there is a 1.5 stall in the back for storing the lawn equip and other misc stuff.

This is because
A) I enjoy working on my own shit, and luckily she enjoys helping/learning with the less indepth stuff, and

B) the "anywhere else she wants" part would be some random dealership or shop where she would get ass raped and it would be my fault, for some unexplained reason.

pauldun170 09-28-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 520458)
LOL, engine cover? You mean the ghey plastic shroud? Just leave it off, and tell your wife it'll run cooler.

And 3,000 oil changes are a waste of money unless you have a turbo car that sees primarily stop-n-go traffic.

And I wish the phrase "tune up" would go away -- it gives shops an excuse to perform a "package" of services that you didn't need.

Its the fact that for such a simple, obvious thing, the mechanic overlooked it.

Trip 09-28-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 520460)
You have not seen my new garage. 3 oversized stalls, one for her to park, one for me to park, and one to wrench / park bikes in summer.
Oh, and there is a 1.5 stall in the back for storing the lawn equip and other misc stuff.

This is because
A) I enjoy working on my own shit, and luckily she enjoys helping/learning with the less indepth stuff, and

B) the "anywhere else she wants" part would be some random dealership or shop where she would get ass raped and it would be my fault, for some unexplained reason.

I was talking about servicing me on vehicles and elsewhere. LOL