Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MS Outlook (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9640)

HurricaneHeather 07-28-2009 10:15 AM

MS Outlook

My company is doing a email migration from Lotus to Outlook. They are doing it in phases and last night mine migrated. However the migration hasn't occured for anyone else in my department yet.

So I am trying to figure this stupid thing out and even posted a question on the Q&A forum and got nothing. :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me how to organize my folders? My Inbox was placed in alphabetical order and it's a pain in the ass to go search for it because I have a crap load of folders.

I want my Inbox, Sent and Deleted Folder to all be at the top for easy access. I tried to just drag it and it just places it inside the very first folder as a sub folder.

Adeptus_Minor 07-28-2009 10:17 AM

I could have told you a few years ago, Heather, but I've been in an Outlook shop for the last three years and can't remember enough about Lotus Notes. :idk:

Rider 07-28-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 248019)
My company is doing a email migration from Lotus to Outlook. They are doing it in phases and last night mine migrated. However the migration hasn't occured for anyone else in my department yet.

So I am trying to figure this stupid thing out and even posted a question on the Q&A forum and got nothing. :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell me how to organize my folders? My Inbox was placed in alphabetical order and it's a pain in the ass to go search for it because I have a crap load of folders.

I want my Inbox, Sent and Deleted Folder to all be at the top for easy access. I tried to just drag it and it just places it inside the very first folder as a sub folder.

You can't move them in the All Mail Folders but you can change the order in your Favorites Folder.

Trip 07-28-2009 10:21 AM

you should be able to click the header of the column you want your inbox to resort to what you need. Like if you want your inbox sorted by newest first, click the column header and select arrange by date, then go over and say newest first.

HurricaneHeather 07-28-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 248024)
I could have told you a few years ago, Heather, but I've been in an Outlook shop for the last three years and can't remember enough about Lotus Notes. :idk:

I'm in Outlook now.

I think what I am going to have to do is create a folder for my folders and drag them all into the new Folder Folder. :lol:

CrazyKell 07-28-2009 10:23 AM

Lucikly I came to my company just after they migrated to Outlook. I've never used Lotus.

Good luck!

pauldun170 07-28-2009 10:28 AM

You should have a Favorite Folders at the top in the left pane (called the navigation pane) under mail.
right click on any folder u want and select add to favorites

pauldun170 07-28-2009 10:32 AM

Outlook indexing isn't as good as Lotus so it helps to organize better from the start.
You can create all your folders under mail but find out if your company is going to use an email retention policy. If so you'll want to set up a personal folder (new PST)

Bluestreak 07-28-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 248031)
I'm in Outlook now.

I think what I am going to have to do is create a folder for my folders and drag them all into the new Folder Folder. :lol:

You got it now!

Outlook will eventually index them for you so they are searchable. Might take some time depending on the size of your mailbox.

MILK 07-28-2009 11:49 AM

My company goes from one to the other every 4 or 5 years to keep us confused!! :lol: I am on Outlook for the second time now... the Favorites folder should be the ticket Heather.