Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bad day to ride to work (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9671)

tommymac 07-29-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 248756)
funny you should mention that - I rode in this morning and while I was in the office the sky opened up. I rode home before it got any worse after looking at the weather - in mesh gear :lol:

Too far to ride home and swap vehicles, I go home my ass is stayin home :lol:

Tom

pauldun170 07-29-2009 03:04 PM

It looks like it's evening out the window.

Hope you have rain gear with ya

tommymac 07-29-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 248769)
It looks like it's evening out the window.

Hope you have rain gear with ya

I have a rain jacket but nothing to cover my pants. looks like the metro area will get hit harder than up north. Its raining prety good right now but still no wind hail or tornadoes.

tom

tommymac 07-29-2009 03:12 PM

Spoke too soon the skies just opened up here and its frekin pouring. I will prolly be here for another couple of hrs anywa so it should pass.

Figures too I just washed my bike this past weekend.

tom

Particle Man 07-29-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 248781)
Spoke too soon the skies just opened up here and its frekin pouring. I will prolly be here for another couple of hrs anywa so it should pass.

Figures too I just washed my bike this past weekend.

tom

bah, it's just being washed again, thats all :lol:

tommymac 07-29-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 248794)
bah, it's just being washed again, thats all :lol:

I wish some chain cleaner and lube would fall from the sky to clean my chain too then LOL been a bit since I did that so maybe i will do that tomorrow morning when i get home.

Tom

tached1000rr 07-29-2009 03:43 PM

Sounds like my ride home from work yesterday, high winds and lightning in heavy down pour, took shelter at an auto parts store waited 10 minutes or so for it to pass on by, completely soaked and wet once home

wildchild 07-29-2009 03:55 PM

I have ridden home in a flood once. That was interesting. stay to the high roads. :tremble:

just beware the sliding cars.

tommymac 07-29-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 248826)
I have ridden home in a flood once. That was interesting. stay to the high roads. :tremble:

just beware the sliding cars.

my front tire is on its last legs too:tremble:

rain has stopped here, there may be one more cell that hits us but it looks like it will stay south so i think I will be ok, just have ot watch for standing water on the roads.

Tom

Particle Man 07-29-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 248798)
I wish some chain cleaner and lube would fall from the sky to clean my chain too then LOL been a bit since I did that so maybe i will do that tomorrow morning when i get home.

Tom

yeah, my chain will need to be cleaned and lubed yet again this season.