Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   blue angels, t-birds grounded (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22212)

RACER X 04-11-2013 08:36 AM

blue angels, t-birds grounded

let's keep rocking the multi million $ vacations though!

fatbuckRTO 04-11-2013 08:45 AM

This matters because the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds are an integral part of our nation's defense?

RACER X 04-11-2013 08:54 AM

as much as presidential vacations, it's 3 do far this yr

fatbuckRTO 04-11-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 528142)
as much as presidential vacations, it's 3 do far this yr

I'll say the same thing to you that I said to liberals who were blasting President Bush for his numerous vacations: no president of this country is ever really on vacation. Do you honestly think that the president doesn't spend most of every day dealing with affairs of state even while on vacation? Hell, average schmuck businessmen don't even get vacations to themselves anymore, with cellphones and notebook computers and tablets and every other method that the job sticks to them. No president just puts the job on hold because he isn't physically inside the White House.

And personally, to paraphrase Carlos Mencia, I want the man with his finger on the red button to be as fucking relaxed as possible. Now watch this drive...

goof2 04-11-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO (Post 528148)
I'll say the same thing to you that I said to liberals who were blasting President Bush for his numerous vacations: no president of this country is ever really on vacation. Do you honestly think that the president doesn't spend most of every day dealing with affairs of state even while on vacation? Hell, average schmuck businessmen don't even get vacations to themselves anymore, with cellphones and notebook computers and tablets and every other method that the job sticks to them. No president just puts the job on hold because he isn't physically inside the White House.

And personally, to paraphrase Carlos Mencia, I want the man with his finger on the red button to be as fucking relaxed as possible. Now watch this drive...

The complaints about the Obama's vacations aren't that he isn't working, it is the cost involved. More specifically it is the millions of dollars of taxpayer money being spent on those vacations while at the same time the Executive branch is seemingly trying to maximize the public impact of the sequester cuts to justify Obama's chicken little routine. Personally I don't care, but I understand the complaint.

OneSickPsycho 04-11-2013 12:26 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing...ument_Syndrome

tommymac 04-11-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 528156)
The complaints about the Obama's vacations aren't that he isn't working, it is the cost involved. More specifically it is the millions of dollars of taxpayer money being spent on those vacations while at the same time the Executive branch is seemingly trying to maximize the public impact of the sequester cuts to justify Obama's chicken little routine. Personally I don't care, but I understand the complaint.

His wife and kids have also taken some big trips without him, now they serve no real purpose to our govt so for them its a real vacation. I think they just had some big music thing at the white house, sure that cost us a few pennies that could have been spent elsewhere. At the same time the blue angels or thunderbirds arent an essential part of the govt nad it doesnt affect our every day lives so stop trying to make it sound worse than what it is.

fatbuckRTO 04-11-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 528156)
while at the same time the Executive branch is seemingly trying to maximize the public impact of the sequester cuts to justify Obama's chicken little routine. Personally I don't care, but I understand the complaint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 528157)

These are the points that I agree with, or at least agree with having a problem over. The sequester is barely a drop in the bucket, but President Obama is definitely doing his best to make that drop look like a tsunami.

To me, the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds are tantamount to having Delta Force make AFN commercials. By all means, put good pilots back in the cockpits of armed aircraft in combat zones.

Homeslice 04-11-2013 08:59 PM

Blue Angels were never necessary for recruitment purposes......The military has always had a lot more people interested in becoming a pilot than they could actually accept.

goof2 04-11-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 528182)
Blue Angels were never necessary for recruitment purposes......The military has always had a lot more people interested in becoming a pilot than they could actually accept.

Bait and switch. 18yo walks in to the Navy recruiter saying they want to be a Blue Angel. Great, do we have a plan for you! Sign right here and after a few short years of service and some school paid for by the GI Bill you'll be ready for flight training in Pensacola! 6 months later he/she is scrubbing toilets/doing laundry/washing dishes on some destroyer off the coast of Shitbagistan.