Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Beginner's End (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New to maintance (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1143)

Mr Lefty 04-21-2008 11:21 PM

please... I don't do maintenance for free... so you can figure out payment... :lol:

comonboys 04-21-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 34849)
please... I don't do maintenance for free... so you can figure out payment... :lol:

ooo, geez..... I think cutty will kick your ass...... Behave...

I don't like to share either. I am a spoil brat.... :lol:

Mr Lefty 04-21-2008 11:35 PM

exactly... so cutty will be doing your maintenance... so I'm fine with you guys moving on out! :lol:

No Worries 04-21-2008 11:37 PM

Most bikes are checked with the bike in an upright riding position. Just don't tip it over. Best to check with someone holding it. My Suzuki has a sight window. My Honda uses a dipstick, but the dipstick is not screwed in for a check. If there is too much, I would use my wife's turkey baster to suck it out. Then I would get her a new one. I wouldn't do the drain thing.

comonboys 04-21-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 34856)
Most bikes are checked with the bike in an upright riding position. Just don't tip it over. Best to check with someone holding it. My Suzuki has a sight window. My Honda uses a dipstick, but the dipstick is not screwed in for a check. If there is too much, I would use my wife's turkey baster to suck it out. Then I would get her a new one. I wouldn't do the drain thing.

good idea i dont have a turkey baster...........
note to cutty:by the "wifey" a baster

OneSickPsycho 04-22-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comonboys (Post 34857)
good idea i dont have a turkey baster...........
note to cutty:by the "wifey" a baster

Man, before I read NW's post that you quoted, this comment sure got my mind a racin'!

comonboys 04-22-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 34883)
Man, before I read NW's post that you quoted, this comment sure got my mind a racin'!

interesting.....

here's the progress on my little issue. Checked the bike this morning and the oil was inbetween still. There was no oil on the ground from leakage. So I took that as a good sign!!! I DID IT....:rockwoot:
Rode that bitch to work this morning. It was 29* when I left and 31* when I got to work. Burrrrrr...... See my thread about my b-day gift for the rest of the story............

marko138 04-22-2008 09:37 AM

Did you run the bike and then let it sit for a few minutes before you checked the level?

comonboys 04-22-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 34927)
Did you run the bike and then let it sit for a few minutes before you checked the level?

Last night I did
This morning I checked before I started it up to warm it up.... I talked to Cutty and he said that should be OK.

Cutty72 04-22-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 34927)

SV is a cold check in the window.

1125 is a pain in the ass hot check.

she done did good.