Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Central Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Raining at Indy (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2423)

Trip 09-07-2008 01:11 PM

Raining at Indy

Looks like we are going to get wet at the races and rained on the whole way up and back. Suck....

marko138 09-07-2008 01:25 PM

Hurtball.

t-homo 09-07-2008 01:27 PM

Fuckin cool. Hopefully this shit changes before the weekend.

Captain Morgan 09-07-2008 02:48 PM

That sucks. But if you've ever lived in Indiana, you know not to trust the weather folks until the weather actually occurs. :lol: Even then, the weather can change on a dime. See you all this weekend. Call me when you all get into town and I'll meet up with you. I'm off all week before and after.

NONE_too_SOFT 09-07-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 69293)
That sucks. But if you've ever lived in Indiana, you know not to trust the weather folks until the weather actually occurs. :lol: Even then, the weather can change on a dime. See you all this weekend. Call me when you all get into town and I'll meet up with you. I'm off all week before and after.

frick. why cant i get a decent day to ride every time i go on a 500 mile trip. Good thing my rain gear doubles as a poncho... cause it basically is.

at least the odds of a nice crash are gonna be DRAMASTICALLY increased in bad weather.

azoomm 09-07-2008 03:37 PM

Awesome!! Rain races are the BEST!! It takes the mechanical factor out and makes it about the last man standing... so much more about skill.

Cutty72 09-07-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 69303)
Awesome!! Rain races are the BEST!! It takes the mechanical factor out and makes it about the last man standing... so much more about skill.

and not being behind the guy that crashes.

fatburg 09-07-2008 04:16 PM

I got rain gear. But it won't be near as fun ride up.

Trip 09-07-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatburg (Post 69319)
I got rain gear. But it won't be near as fun ride up.

yes because we will be taking a different route instead of the insanely cool one

the chi 09-07-2008 10:47 PM

let's keep our happy faces on, I am sure the weather will change 20 times btw now and the trip itself!!

Captain Morgan 09-07-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rae (Post 69368)
let's keep our happy faces on, I am sure the weather will change 20 times btw now and the trip itself!!

Sounds like you've lived in Indiana. :lol:

the chi 09-08-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 69371)
Sounds like you've lived in Indiana. :lol:

Nope, but in FL the weather changes every 30 minutes!!

Its sunny and you want rain? Wait 30 mins!

Weatherman says its going to be raining all day? Its sunny outside while he's talking!

I dont put any stock in weather reports...

Mr Lefty 09-08-2008 06:04 PM

ehh wtfe... I could care less... just hope it's clear thursday at the gap and surrounding area :lol:

but it's been supposed to rain every day of my trip every where I've gone... other than the two hour down pour in AR... it's been fuck'n perfect!...

we'll see...

Trip 09-08-2008 06:30 PM

i bought rain pants and already had a poncho to go over my leathers just in case

Mr Lefty 09-08-2008 06:50 PM

The Frog Togs I got work awesome! too bad I didn't have booties as my feet were soaked! :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT 09-08-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 69516)
The Frog Togs I got work awesome! too bad I didn't have booties as my feet were soaked! :lol:

i know how that feels. just put the boots on the airconditioner when you get to the hotel though, and its ALL good.

PiZdETS 09-09-2008 10:08 PM

pretty ghey. I have diablo corsa 3's which trip and several others informed me were horrible in the wet. Fuuuuck I might be driving. :(

And the race will be nuts. Newly paved track where everyone has little experience + rain = wrecks and wet riding heroics. Stoner will lowside halfway through the race regardless of weather but it'll still be fun to watch.

Cutty72 09-09-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 69823)
pretty ghey. I have diablo corsa 3's which trip and several others informed me were horrible in the wet. Fuuuuck I might be driving. :(

idk, i had 'em on the buell and went thru a crazy rain storm, the street looked like a river.

A few other times in "normal" rain as well.
They aren't bad as long as you aren't trying to be Rossi while its raining.

Trip 09-09-2008 10:14 PM

the corsa IIIs are fine in the rain if you arent trying to run fast laps. Just don't do anything stupid and you will be fine.

they were horrible in the rain for me because I was at the track, not on the street.

PiZdETS 09-09-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 69832)
the corsa IIIs are fine in the rain if you arent trying to run fast laps. Just don't do anything stupid and you will be fine.

they were horrible in the rain for me because I was at the track, not on the street.

oic. Well I'm a bitch when it comes to wet riding, especially on twisties so I'll probably still drive.
Will I be the only person with a 4 wheeled vehicle from this forum?

Trip 09-09-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 69835)
oic. Well I'm a bitch when it comes to wet riding, especially on twisties so I'll probably still drive.

most of us are parking in the moto parking lots. We aren't going to be hitting the twisties in the rain, I don't ride twisties in the rain. Just wait til we get to cincy and meet us there. We will be riding flat straight roads from there.

PiZdETS 09-09-2008 10:19 PM

Allright, you talked me into it. If I wreck and die you can have my pokemon collection.

Trip 09-09-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 69840)
Allright, you talked me into it. If I wreck and die you can have my pokemon collection.

sweet, i call dibs on the mudkips

http://www.ninjasareawesome.com/imag...hop/mudkip.gif

PiZdETS 09-09-2008 10:22 PM

I herd u liek mudkipz

NONE_too_SOFT 09-09-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 69840)

gotta catch em all.

where are we meeting now?

fatburg 09-09-2008 10:25 PM

damn it, all that work to load the route into my gps...ruined. Stupid rain

PiZdETS 09-09-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 69848)
gotta catch em all.

http://g.photos.cx/drewx3-34.png

Uhh...I live off the richwood exit, there's a rest stop right past it. We can meet there or if it's dry and you have extra time we can hit some local twisties. Just hit me up when you get close. What time do you guys think you'll be getting up near my way? Are you heading out early on Thursday?

Trip 09-09-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 69847)
I herd u liek mudkipz

no no no, the womenz like the mudkipz.

t-homo 09-09-2008 10:48 PM

I-44 to I-70. This is gon' be a bitchin ride.

marko138 09-10-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Get the fuck out there and ride those bitches. I've had them in the twisties in rain. No big deal.

z06boy 09-10-2008 02:51 PM

Once you get there....

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17432419/detail.html

Motorcycle Fatalities Expected To Spike During MotoGP
IMS: City Could See Dozen Bike Deaths

POSTED: 5:41 pm EDT September 9, 2008
UPDATED: 7:17 pm EDT September 9, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS -- Sunday's MotoGP race will bring motorcycles to the track and to Indianapolis roads, where police have been told to expect a spike in bike-related fatalities.

As many as 100,000 spectators will converge on Indianapolis for the Red Bull Indianapolis GP MotoGP, and at least a third of them are expected to arrive by motorcycle, 6News' Jack Rinehart reported.

Based on the experiences of other cities that have hosted MotoGP events, Indianapolis Motor Speedway security officials have warned police that the number of fatality accidents involving motorcycles could end up in the dozens.

"I know in other cities the GP race there always seems to be an increase in fatalities as far as motorcycles," said Indianapolis police Capt. Mike Bates. "It's a potential for disaster, or at least an increase in crashes."

Indianapolis police have planned extra patrols to target risky driving and will be using state police Mustangs and motorcycles to provide some extra horsepower to their enforcement.

"We have actually organized a couple of crash teams specifically designed to deal with motorcycle accidents and crashes," Bates said.

This year, 11 people have died in motorcycle accidents in Indianapolis.

t-homo 09-10-2008 03:04 PM

This is bad. Indy, a town of 875,000 has 11 motorcycle fatalities, and Spingfield, MO, a town of 130,000 has 8 motorcycle deaths.

Captain Morgan 09-10-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

No, I'll be in 4. Haven't had the money to spend on a bike, so I've been in 4 during the last 3+ years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 70003)
Once you get there....

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/17432419/detail.html

Motorcycle Fatalities Expected To Spike During MotoGP
IMS: City Could See Dozen Bike Deaths

POSTED: 5:41 pm EDT September 9, 2008
UPDATED: 7:17 pm EDT September 9, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS -- Sunday's MotoGP race will bring motorcycles to the track and to Indianapolis roads, where police have been told to expect a spike in bike-related fatalities.

As many as 100,000 spectators will converge on Indianapolis for the Red Bull Indianapolis GP MotoGP, and at least a third of them are expected to arrive by motorcycle, 6News' Jack Rinehart reported.

Based on the experiences of other cities that have hosted MotoGP events, Indianapolis Motor Speedway security officials have warned police that the number of fatality accidents involving motorcycles could end up in the dozens.

"I know in other cities the GP race there always seems to be an increase in fatalities as far as motorcycles," said Indianapolis police Capt. Mike Bates. "It's a potential for disaster, or at least an increase in crashes."

Indianapolis police have planned extra patrols to target risky driving and will be using state police Mustangs and motorcycles to provide some extra horsepower to their enforcement.

"We have actually organized a couple of crash teams specifically designed to deal with motorcycle accidents and crashes," Bates said.

This year, 11 people have died in motorcycle accidents in Indianapolis.

Well, duh. Increase the number of motorcycles and you're going to increase the number of accidents, some of which will sadly be fatal. Part of it will be because people are watching racing and have no self control after seeing someone else ride fast. The other part is simply because you have a bunch of motorcycles when cagers aren't used to seeing them that much.

z06boy 09-10-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 70022)

Well, duh. Increase the number of motorcycles and you're going to increase the number of accidents, some of which will sadly be fatal. Part of it will be because people are watching racing and have no self control after seeing someone else ride fast. The other part is simply because you have a bunch of motorcycles when cagers aren't used to seeing them that much.

Right...that's common sense but part of the reason I posted it is for any of you hotdogs that may want to play around while riding to watch for the extra Mustangs and bikes with LEO's on board...hate to see any of you get pulled and then somebody say "well duh"... :lol: :idk:

PiZdETS 09-10-2008 06:07 PM

Yo when are you guys gonna be rolling through the Florence area? Or what time are you leaving Knoxville?

Trip 09-10-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 70037)
Yo when are you guys gonna be rolling through the Florence area? Or what time are you leaving Knoxville?

I have no idea. When we get there, do you want us to call you when we get close?

NONE_too_SOFT 09-10-2008 06:49 PM

i'll be getting to cinci prolly around 1 piz.

PiZdETS 09-10-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 70040)
I have no idea. When we get there, do you want us to call you when we get close?

Sounds good, I'll be up at 10 to be safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 70042)
i'll be getting to cinci prolly around 1 piz.

Coolness, you riding up with the rest of the pack or by yourself?

NONE_too_SOFT 09-10-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 70056)
Sounds good, I'll be up at 10 to be safe.

Coolness, you riding up with the rest of the pack or by yourself?

plan on meeting them around cinci somewhere, but havent heard a definate answer.

Trip 09-10-2008 08:04 PM

depends on the route we take, it may take us 10 hours to get cinci

PiZdETS 09-10-2008 11:42 PM

Hey are you guys riding up tomorrow or Friday?

Trip 09-10-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 70105)
Hey are you guys riding up tomorrow or Friday?

friday

PiZdETS 09-10-2008 11:46 PM

God I'm retarded. I've been packing and tweaking my suspension all evening.
Any idea when they're doing free practice on Friday, I'd definitely like to catch some of that. They usually give extended sessions when at a track for the first time.

dReWpY 09-11-2008 01:42 AM

looks like i am driving up straight on 65n

Mr Lefty 09-11-2008 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 70122)
looks like i am driving up straight on 65n

hey you should come over and pick up our gear... so we can ride up with out it!

dReWpY 09-11-2008 02:12 AM

its only a .5 hour longer to get to indy then it is to nicks house...

Mr Lefty 09-11-2008 02:14 AM

I don't care... you can drive over and meet us fucker!

dReWpY 09-11-2008 02:19 AM

.... :eightball6:.... unless they are passing out free $100 bills not an option....

Mr Lefty 09-11-2008 02:21 AM

weak

dReWpY 09-11-2008 02:26 AM

friday is the busiest day for me, up at 6 teach Biology1111 to a bunch of college kids, then 6 hours of labs... if i make it to indy in one piece it will be a damn miracle

Mr Lefty 09-11-2008 02:31 AM

blah blah blah.... weak

just giving ya shit...

dReWpY 09-11-2008 02:33 AM

i know... just makes me tired thinking about it

but odds are riding will suck, lots of idiots and even more cops, almost glad i will have the car to get around if need be

Mr Lefty 09-11-2008 02:34 AM

and why I'd like to dump my gear for it

t-homo 09-11-2008 02:53 AM

Drewpy, how are you getting from the hotel to the track? Your car I am guessing. Think I could ride back and forth with you so I don't need to bring my jacket along with my suit?

marko138 09-11-2008 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 70130)
friday is the busiest day for me, up at 6 teach Biology1111 to a bunch of college kids, then 6 hours of labs... if i make it to indy in one piece it will be a damn miracle

With all the pissing and moaning you do it's amazing you get anything done.

:zowned: :lol:

Rider 09-11-2008 09:33 AM

Is rain going to hurt my leather pants? Should I buy rain gear?

Mr Lefty 09-11-2008 09:36 AM

depends on how much rain... I'd buy some cheap shit... anything to keep ya dry... don't know how far you have to ride... but being wet fuck'n sucks

Rider 09-11-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 70179)
depends on how much rain... I'd buy some cheap shit... anything to keep ya dry... don't know how far you have to ride... but being wet fuck'n sucks

It's a 4 hour ride. Supposed to be dry here when I leave, and wet when I get there. I can get a set of rain gear for $116. :idk: Worth it? My leather pants were only $170.

PiZdETS 09-11-2008 09:50 AM

hmmmm....thundershowers next 5 days in Indy.
I'm considering caging it up there....I'll decide on Friday last minute.

If I do ride up there that means no bars unless it's within walking distance of the hotel. Yeah I'll admit it, I'll have a couple beers and drive 5 minutes in a car but I don't even sit on a bike if I've been drinking. And I do want to drink while I'm at the races and walking around the pits looking at GP bikes during qualifying and free practice. Indy sells these big burly Fosters cans of beer for 5 bucks each and I two-handed those bastards when I went there for F1 races. I've been waiting to get liquored up and talk shit to Pedrosa for YEARS. Cocky diminutive spanish bastard.
It's also probably gonna be apeshit with all the bikes in the rain. Cops will be pulling bikes over for nothing when there's eleventyfourteen lowsides on the first day when it starts raining on the streets surrounding the track.

Buuut, if I drive that means I'll be that asshat having to explain to everyone that I ride but I was too much of a pussy to ride up even though it's only like a 3 hour ride from my house.
I get to bring more shit with me though and some beer for the hotel room. Plus I could probably haul a couple of you folks to and from the hotel if you don't feel like riding to the track in the rain each day or if you wanna drink.

Sigh..fucking rain.

Rider 09-11-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 70182)
hmmmm....thundershowers next 5 days in Indy.
I'm considering caging it up there....I'll decide on Friday last minute.

If I do ride up there that means no bars unless it's within walking distance of the hotel. Yeah I'll admit it, I'll have a couple beers and drive 5 minutes in a car but I don't even sit on a bike if I've been drinking. And I do want to drink while I'm at the races and walking around the pits looking at GP bikes during qualifying and free practice. Indy sells these big burly Fosters cans of beer for 5 bucks each and I two-handed those bastards when I went there for F1 races. I've been waiting to get liquored up and talk shit to Pedrosa for YEARS. Cocky diminutive spanish bastard.
It's also probably gonna be apeshit with all the bikes in the rain. Cops will be pulling bikes over for nothing when there's eleventyfourteen lowsides on the first day when it starts raining on the streets surrounding the track.

Buuut, if I drive that means I'll be that asshat having to explain to everyone that I ride but I was too much of a pussy to ride up even though it's only like a 3 hour ride from my house.
I get to bring more shit with me though and some beer for the hotel room. Plus I could probably haul a couple of you folks to and from the hotel if you don't feel like riding to the track in the rain each day or if you wanna drink.

Sigh..fucking rain.

I'm with you. I wont have a single drop when I'm riding, but I will have a beer or 2 when I drive. So I'm only having beer at the hotel if I'm there for the duration of the evening, at a bar that is walking distance to the hotel or I'm taking a cab. I just dont risk it on 2 wheels.

NONE_too_SOFT 09-11-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 70180)
It's a 4 hour ride. Supposed to be dry here when I leave, and wet when I get there. I can get a set of rain gear for $116. :idk: Worth it? My leather pants were only $170.

screw it. go get a jakcet and rainproof pants at wal-mart for 20 bucks otd. thats what i did, and i never get a drop of water on me. i would suggest investing in a good pair of water resistant gloves though, that makes more difference than anything. i got some Joe Rockets for like 50 bucks

im riding no matter what. but im not really sure if i'm gonna be riding much while im there, cause ya... i want to drink. I'm bringing my bike cover.

Captain Morgan 09-11-2008 11:51 AM

To those needing a ride in a cage, I'll be driving. Drewpy spoke up for one seat in my cage, though.

dReWpY 09-11-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 70151)
With all the pissing and moaning you do it's amazing you get anything done.

:zowned: :lol:

i even admit sometimes my sand-firgina runith over :panic:

dReWpY 09-11-2008 01:22 PM

and i plan on taking my one piece rain suit to the race, who knows maybe even my helmet, you know, so i stay dry...

t-homo 09-11-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 70199)
To those needing a ride in a cage, I'll be driving. Drewpy spoke up for one seat in my cage, though.

Is it cool if I call a seat? Not bitch.

Crazy 09-11-2008 06:47 PM

looks like we'll be driving there too.

Mr Lefty 09-11-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 70180)

fuck 116 bucks... I got some frog togs for $50

Trip 09-11-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 70273)
fuck 116 bucks... I got some frog togs for $50

tell kat to be quiet.

NONE_too_SOFT 09-11-2008 08:01 PM

just got done strappin everything down... seems i lost a lot of tie downs and what not from the last trip, guess generic yellow rope will have to work. see you fuckers tomorrow.

Captain Morgan 09-11-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 70264)
Is it cool if I call a seat? Not bitch.

No problem.

ceo012384 09-11-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 70178)
Is rain going to hurt my leather pants? Should I buy rain gear?

It can fuck with the sizing sometimes...?

You can get rain gear from walmart for like 20 bucks just do it.

I have a 2 piece columbia raingear from back when I used to do bicycle trips for weeks at a time... shit works great at the track.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...80815a012l.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...80815a033l.jpg

PiZdETS 09-12-2008 08:44 AM

Yep I'm definitely driving. Just waiting to see if this shop gets the (unriced) integra done of if I'll be driving the truck. Car should be done around 2:30 so I dunno.
You guys still think you'll be passing through around 1:00? In Florence there's good Indian, Mexican, or Chinese places if you guys wanna stop and eat.

Trip 09-12-2008 08:48 AM

GHEY!!! You need to ride Piz.

We will give you a call when we get close to florence.

Rider 09-12-2008 08:49 AM

Raining here this morning but should clear up this afternoon so I can stay dry for part of the ride down anyway.

Ebbs, where did you get your frog togs?

marko138 09-12-2008 08:50 AM

Clearly it's raining over the entire United States...it's just starting to rain in Central PA right now.

Mr Lefty 09-12-2008 08:52 AM

Gander Mountain. Check any Sportinggoods store... should have something similar

PiZdETS 09-12-2008 08:52 AM

Hey do you poor riding bastards need me to bring anything with my extra cargo capacity? I got some extra pairs of rain pants, some umbrellas, hard drugs, some scientology pamphlets. I'm bringing two pairs of binoculars for the race.

Rider 09-12-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 70364)
Gander Mountain. Check any Sportinggoods store... should have something similar

There is a GM about a mile from here. Thanks.

t-homo 09-12-2008 09:16 AM

I'm hittin up a couple of shops this morning to see if they have frog toggs.

NONE_too_SOFT 09-12-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 70352)
Yep I'm definitely driving. Just waiting to see if this shop gets the (unriced) integra done of if I'll be driving the truck. Car should be done around 2:30 so I dunno.
You guys still think you'll be passing through around 1:00? In Florence there's good Indian, Mexican, or Chinese places if you guys wanna stop and eat.

unless they have a dollar menu, im Shit out of luck. c ya soon.

JoJoYZF 09-12-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 70362)
Clearly it's raining over the entire United States...it's just starting to rain in Central PA right now.

And it started raining here last night and hasnt stopped pouring since.

PiZdETS 09-12-2008 12:46 PM

Free Practice 1 times

1. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 53.034 secs
2. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 53.151 secs
3. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 53.190 secs
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot MotoGP (M) 1min 53.704 secs
5. John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 53.715 secs
6. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 53.771 secs
7. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 53.850 secs
8. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 53.931 secs
9. Ben Spies USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 54.297 secs
10. Toni Elias SPA Alice Team (B) 1min 54.616 secs
11. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (B) 1min 54.795 secs
12. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP (M) 1min 55.072 secs
13. Shinya Nakano JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini (B) 1min 55.074 secs
14. Marco Melandri ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 55.292 secs
15. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 55.731 secs
16. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Alice Team (B) 1min 56.125 secs
17. James Toseland GBR Tech 3 Yamaha (M) 1min 56.271 secs
18. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 56.345 secs
19. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (B) 1min 56.851 secs

and stoner fell

sounds like it's going to be nuts, it's Pedros'a first time on the wets.
Quote:

The main concern is the track surface and how much grip it will have in the ever changing weather. The tyre engineers spoke of the several different levels of grip around the track. One cited Turn Three as having three changes within the one corner, and cracks in the pavement which could be significant for the 125 riders. The task is how to best balance the grip and the tyre to make the best compromise. MotoGP riders hoped the 125 riders, who went out first, used their soft tyres to lay down rubber.

The track surface varies from corner to corner and indeed within a couple of the corners, with stretches of asphalt being laid at different times.