Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Southwest Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Adding perforation to a jacket? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9679)

HokieDNA01 08-21-2009 11:24 AM

I have a suit from Barnacle Bill and think he does great work. Haven't had a suit moded by him but I would definitely sent my repeat business his way.

TYEster 08-21-2009 03:58 PM

Damn the benefit to DIY in this case, is you knew exactly how much work was done each day. :lol:

In my case, I knew how much work still needed to be done at the end of each day.

pdog 08-23-2009 03:37 PM

Heard from Shannon, said she had medical issues for the last week. Fair enough, let's see if my jacket appears this week.

pdog 08-27-2009 08:31 PM

The jacket did not appear. I've reopened the case and now she claims it's in a box, ready to be shipped. Uh huh. Right.

Leon 08-31-2009 09:48 AM

I had a Speedhump and some liner repair work done by Spiderracingleathers. Went through the same thing pdog is going through. BS excuse after BS excuse. They answered quickly when they were getting paid, otherwise it took weeks to get a reply to a call or email. I got my suit back the day we were leaving for the gap. They said it would take 3 weeks, had my suit for months.

I sent Kelley's suit to Barnicle bill to get perfed. I think he charged $75 or so to do the entire suit. She couldn't be happier and he had it back to us within a week.

TYEster 08-31-2009 04:42 PM

Any updates on getting your stuff back?

LOL I can probably give you some pointers if you want to perforate your own leathers from here out.

azoomm 08-31-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdog (Post 257095)
Heard from Shannon, said she had medical issues for the last week. Fair enough, let's see if my jacket appears this week.

Oh no... she has been VERY reliable to myself and many of my customers in the past. I'll check into it for you Mike - do you have your stuff back yet?

After many situations and seeing the quality of work with Barnacle Bill I would rather poke myself in the eye than do business with him. No thank you.

Ninjakel 08-31-2009 11:17 PM

My 1 piece suit was perf'ed by Bill. Totally perfect, no complaints from me. Awesome turnaround time too. under a week.

I guess everyone has different experiences with people :idk:

pdog 09-01-2009 09:48 AM

Like Leon mentioned, in my experience she does not respond to emails quickly unless money is on the line or she is trying to get you as a customer.

I've tried paying her through Paypal twice. Once I gave her 10 days to ship, the second four days. Neither time did I receive anything. She refuses to ship anything until she is paid in full, nevermind the fact that I have paid her in full twice already. ???

She's refusing to communicate anymore and ignoring the Paypal dispute I opened. I have a foolproof way to ensure that neither of us can rip each other off (use signature on delivery and have paypal release the money to her once the USPS has a signature), but she's not listening to me anymore. At this point, she has stolen my jacket.

pdog 09-01-2009 09:53 AM

If you can put some pressure on her, I would appreciate it. I have no leverage on her anymore - all I can do is refuse to pay for the alterations and possibly write up a complaint on several TX motorcycle forums. I've done nothing to make her mistrust me yet she's twice failed to ship after being paid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 260000)
Oh no... she has been VERY reliable to myself and many of my customers in the past. I'll check into it for you Mike - do you have your stuff back yet?