Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Magic Jack (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1073)

Mr Lefty 04-16-2008 02:24 AM

Magic Jack

http://www.magicjack.com/6/index.asp

due to some BS here... I can no longer have my Vonage phone here in Korea... so after some research I found out about Magic Jack... it's a USB phone line... what's nice for me is it's UNBLOCKABLE and I can get service anywhere in the world... so any deployed location that has internet service... I can make and RECIEVE calls! all with a stateside number.

anyways... there offering a free 30 day trial... if you like it... your billed... 31... that's it... for A YEAR! 31 a year... unlimited local and long distance!

international calls are prepaid... rates are in the FAQ section

here's the Area Codes availble for you to choose from

I've got mine on the way... :rockwoot:

Trip 04-16-2008 08:00 AM

very cool, if it works out, this would be a cool thing to include in care packages to servicemen and women.

You will have to keep us updated on how well it does.

LaFemmes 04-16-2008 08:08 AM

Very cool.

OTB 04-16-2008 08:22 AM

Who is blocking your Vonage, and why?

upshift 04-16-2008 08:30 AM

That little thing is badass. Im getting one of those when i move out.:rockwoot:

Rider 04-16-2008 08:32 AM

Vonage sux anyway. The sound quality and the 1 second delay was enough to make me cancel my service with them Oh and their CS people don't speak English.. I use VOIP at work and the sound quality is perfect. Vonage was horrible.

Cutty72 04-16-2008 01:48 PM

sweet.
so does your phone number stay the same all the time no matter where you are with that too then?

comonboys 04-16-2008 01:52 PM

Make sure and send us your number so we can prank call you bwahahahahaha.....:whistle:

Mr Lefty 04-16-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTB (Post 32640)
Who is blocking your Vonage, and why?

apparently the Korean companies put pressure on AAFES and somehow had it removed from base... (not completely yet... mine still works for the moment) forcing you to change to a Korean company... which isn't bad... BUT I just bought my vonage phone 2 months ago... AND the Korean company can only provide Korean numbers so I can call the states... but it's a pain and expensive for anyone to call me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 32642)
Vonage sux anyway. The sound quality and the 1 second delay was enough to make me cancel my service with them Oh and their CS people don't speak English.. I use VOIP at work and the sound quality is perfect. Vonage was horrible.

Actually my Vonage is the clearest phone I've ever been on... it's Weird... no delay what so ever! it tripped me up the first call I made to my parents.. I was expecting a delay and kept talking really fast LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 32741)
sweet.
so does your phone number stay the same all the time no matter where you are with that too then?

Yeah it's tied to the account you use... so no matter where ya go... it's the same number. you should DEFIANTLY look into it for your trip to Kosavo.

even if the sound quality is crap... it's $31 a YEAR... that's a little more than $2 a month.

I'll let you know how it works... when I get it... I had it expressed shipped for $3 :lol:

comonboys 04-16-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 32778)
apparently the Korean companies put pressure on AAFES and somehow had it removed from base... (not completely yet... mine still works for the moment) forcing you to change to a Korean company... which isn't bad... BUT I just bought my vonage phone 2 months ago... AND the Korean company can only provide Korean numbers so I can call the states... but it's a pain and expensive for anyone to call me.

Actually my Vonage is the clearest phone I've ever been on... it's Weird... no delay what so ever! it tripped me up the first call I made to my parents.. I was expecting a delay and kept talking really fast LOL

Yeah it's tied to the account you use... so no matter where ya go... it's the same number. you should DEFIANTLY look into it for your trip to Kosavo.

even if the sound quality is crap... it's $31 a YEAR... that's a little more than $2 a month.

I'll let you know how it works... when I get it... I had it expressed shipped for $3 :lol:

That would mean I would have to get a new laptop so he has a laptop to bring over. EBBS FTMFW!!!!!!!! Love that idea..... (I want a new laptop anyway)