Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Arctic Ocean 2011 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19164)

G-Rex 05-17-2011 11:08 PM

Arctic Ocean 2011

1 Attachment(s)
The KLR is ready. I'm ready. Just waiting for July 30th to get here to be kickstand up. Before anybody says it, I know, a little late in the season, but that's the way it goes.

Highlights will be:

Watson Lake Signpost Forest in Yukon Territory
Dawson Creek, British Columbia and the Alcan Milepost 0 marker
Banff Provincial Park. I've been there, my best friend hasn't.

And drum roll please..north of the Arctic Circle, Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, and the Arctic Ocean at a latitude of 70 degrees north. :D THIS is the reason for this trip. I've had Prudhoe Bay in the back of my mind for 8 years. Now I'm ready.

Approximate route outline below.

derf 05-18-2011 12:03 AM

Sounds cold

Particle Man 05-18-2011 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 470559)
Sounds cold

Better in July I'll wager... Freeze just your ass off instead of your ass AND your balls.

:lol:

KSGregman 05-18-2011 08:26 AM

WOW...now THAT looks likes motorcycle adventure....no slab surfing for you...holy shit!

I hope you have a safe trip...
Plenty of pictures for us when you get back, eh?

Trip 05-18-2011 08:45 AM

prudhoe kinda sucks, I have a burning hatred for Alaska though. Living there, you either love it or want to murder it repeatedly. I fell into the murdering it repeatedly category. I hope to never return to that piece of shit state.

Have fun, be safe, get some bear safe containers if you are camping.

the chi 05-18-2011 09:40 AM

That looks pretty awesome. You going solo?

G-Rex 05-18-2011 09:43 AM

Greg, there will be plenty of pictures, video, and a made for YouTube movie. LOL

Chi, my best friend is going with me. We've done motorcycle trips together for the last 7 or so years.

Trip, no camping for us. I fall in the *camping is fun as long as I'm NOT trying to do it on a motorcycle trip* category. My Happy Trails bags hopefully will be bear-safe enough.

I'm not worried about the cold. With my Aerostich, and properly dressed under, I can do 30 degrees all day long. Ain't no thang! :D

Trip 05-18-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 470617)
Trip, no camping for us. I fall in the *camping is fun as long as I'm NOT trying to do it on a motorcycle trip* category. My Happy Trails bags hopefully will be bear-safe enough.

If you are not camping, you have nothing to worry about as far as bears, except if you are leaving your bike unattended for long lengths of time. DO NOT LEAVE FOOD or anything that has a possible food source odor IN YOUR CASES. The bears will toss your motorcycle like a toy and rip right through those happy trails.

Do not underestimate the power of a hungry bear or it's nose.

askmrjesus 05-18-2011 09:47 AM

Hey man, could you stop by Sarah Palin's house, and take a picture of Russia for me?

Thanks.

JC

Particle Man 05-18-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 470620)
Hey man, could you stop by Sarah Palin's house, and take a picture of Russia for me?

Thanks.

JC

:lol: