Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Northeast Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   SE rally travel plans (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13079)

tommymac 02-03-2010 10:54 PM

SE rally travel plans

Wanted to round up the guys from up this way and figure outt whos leaving and when so we can see about traveling togetther.

We also need to see whos going sol vs bringing people so we can see about reserving a cabin or something.

derf 02-03-2010 11:02 PM

Its too early for me to figure out any plans. As it stands I'm gonna ride down with Scott, Dave, and their respective ladies. However my bro has expressed interest in attending so no clue whats going on yet, I may just take my truck down and tow both our bikes in it

tommymac 02-03-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 331385)
Its too early for me to figure out any plans. As it stands I'm gonna ride down with Scott, Dave, and their respective ladies. However my bro has expressed interest in attending so no clue whats going on yet, I may just take my truck down and tow both our bikes in it

Are they riding or trailering? I figure I can catch up with everyone down in deleware or sometthing. I also wanted tot see what phx rider, rider and gasman ar eup to since we could possibly meet up on the road and also sort out whos sttaying with who.

derf 02-03-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 331389)
Are they riding or trailering? I figure I can catch up with everyone down in deleware or sometthing. I also wanted tot see what phx rider, rider and gasman ar eup to since we could possibly meet up on the road and also sort out whos sttaying with who.

Driving in Scotts truck. If I'm riding I'm gonna make it a 2 day ride down and back.

Dave 02-03-2010 11:20 PM

yerp trailering. with vic's back probs it'd be impossible to make her ride that long

Mr Lefty 02-04-2010 12:11 AM

I'm gonna see about making a longer trip of it. Maybe try leaving the weekend prior and just ride and camp... Maybe meet up with someone and ride in together... Anyone want company? no triple digit spurts for me though...

tommymac 02-04-2010 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 331415)
I'm gonna see about making a longer trip of it. Maybe try leaving the weekend prior and just ride and camp... Maybe meet up with someone and ride in together... Anyone want company? no triple digit spurts for me though...

Where and when ya comming from?

Mr Lefty 02-04-2010 12:24 AM

Mississippi and I'd be leaving...like the 28th or so. Only problem is I gotta do oil changes every 1000 miles...lol... That's like every other day for me.

dReWpY 02-04-2010 12:43 AM

Come to nasvhille for the night, I'm sure I can show you a good time on the roads and in town

tommymac 02-04-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 331429)
Come to nasvhille for the night, I'm sure I can show you a good time on the roads and in town

Hmm its a thought, so long as you dont try to violate me or think I am t-homo :lol:

let me sort out my vacation time, I was anticipating the rally being longer so I may be up for leaving a day early.

dReWpY 02-04-2010 12:58 AM

we actually have some real good roads, i have a solid 200 mile loop that is 175 miles of canyons curves and switchbacks

Kerry_129 02-04-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 331435)
we actually have some real good roads, i have a solid 200 mile loop that is 175 miles of canyons curves and switchbacks

:rockwoot: :dribble:

It wouldn't be hard to put together a very nice route down to Copperhead from here.... :)

tommymac 02-04-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerry_129 (Post 331436)
:rockwoot: :dribble:

It wouldn't be hard to put together a very nice route down to Copperhead from here.... :)

how far is the ride from you guys to the resort?

dReWpY 02-04-2010 01:33 AM

exactly 199 miles from my house to copperheads drive way

Gas Man 02-04-2010 05:11 AM

I'm not sure about when I will come down. I have the time off work. For me it will revolve around money. Especially if its big money to stay at the resort. But I definately not trailering

derf 02-04-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gas man (Post 331480)
i'm not sure about when i will come down. I have the time off work. For me it will revolve around money. Especially if its big money to stay at the resort. But i definately not trailering

180 for the official rally days

tommymac 02-04-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 331489)
180 for the official rally days

So its like 45 per split 4 ways.

derf 02-04-2010 09:59 PM

No thats each. I think, I gotta go back and look at the price again, I thought that was each. Anyway, its starting to look like I'm leaving here on the 1st, staying in NC for a few days before heading to GA.

There is a possibility that we are gonna trailer down to Ft Bragg, then ride from Bragg to Copperhead, with a stop off at Ft Jackson

dReWpY 02-04-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 331480)
I'm not sure about when I will come down. I have the time off work. For me it will revolve around money. Especially if its big money to stay at the resort. But I definately not trailering

Stop in nashville then head over, we got some great roads

derf 02-04-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Rates are based on NUMBER OF PEOPLE – please be sure to put the correct number of people in the initial reservation screen - this will be verified at check in. Max people allowed in rooms at The Lodge is 2, Max in Cabins is 4.

King at Lodge, $99, Twin at Lodge, $99, Queen at Lodge $89, Bunkroom at Lodge, $25

Prices-Total/Each 2 ppl 3 ppl 4 ppl
Elite Cabin 125/62.50 145/48.33 160/40
Standard Cabin 95/47.5 115/38.33 130/32.50
This is from the other thread.

I'm assuming that the prices for the cabins are per night, in which case the extra $7 per night is worth it rather than a bunkbed. The only thing is that on the website it says some cabins can sleep 6, but there is no price, it says max is 4 here.

Quote:

THE CABINS @ COPPERHEAD

- One bedroom, one bath, with loft or sleeper sofa
- Covered porches with plenty of seating
- Gas grill
- 10’ by 12’ enclosed garage for protection of your motorcycle or car
- Some offer outdoor hot tubs
- Cabins sleep 2 - 6 people, depending on layout

All Cabins have a private bath, full kitchen, and covered porches.

Amenities in The Cabins

Features and amenities in all of The Cabins
· Queen or Full beds with premium mattresses
· 1,200 thread count luxury European linens
· Direct TV®'s stats and channels
· Hard-wired Internet
· Central heat and AC
· Stove, microwave, full-size refrigerator
· Coffee Maker and all utensils
· Hair dryer, iron & ironing board

Bathrooms
· Ample counter space
· Bath & Spa products provided in every room
· Plush robes

All Cabins are 100% Non-Smoking inside, smoking allowed only on porches

Resort Available Services
· Truck and trailer parking
· Complimentary wireless Internet throughout The Lodge and on The Porch

Dave 02-05-2010 04:13 AM

hey fred, are you and scoot just doin the official days or somethng extra?

Phenix_Rider 02-05-2010 08:41 AM

I really can't plan anything yet since I have no idea what I'll be doing that far out. Last year I split the ride down into two days, but I don't know what my brother is doing this year. Give me two-three months :lol:

derf 02-05-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 332206)
hey fred, are you and scoot just doin the official days or somethng extra?

I think i might be leaving here that monday staying at Bragg until wed then riding over to the rally for wed afternoon, then sunday ride back to Bragg, pick up the truck and head home.

Dave 02-05-2010 02:05 PM

hrm we prolly ought to get the three of us together at some point and plan this shit out

Sixxxxer 02-07-2010 11:39 AM

Dave...I am gonna leave Thursday So we get there Late thursday Early Friday so Friday we dont waste on travel so We can ride...Stay Friday Night Saturday Night and ride sunday and leave that evening sometime...Be home by monday...Thats my gameplan.

And by the sounds of it Fred is riding and so is tommy...So we just need to test fit both the bikes in the bed of the truck...I'm pretty sure I can fit it but We might have to install an extra tie down or two to accommodate Two bikes. It would save money on gas not pulling a trailer.

Dave 02-07-2010 12:11 PM

from what fred was saying last night hes either riding or getting tommy's trailer behind you so that all works. we sharing a cabin?

derf 02-07-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 333446)
from what fred was saying last night hes either riding or getting tommy's trailer behind you so that all works. we sharing a cabin?

That depends on my brother, if he is coming then yes I am riding, if not then I am driving with you and scott

tommymac 02-07-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 333446)

I have 2 spots open in the cabin I booked if need be.

Phenix_Rider 02-07-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 333467)
I have 2 spots open in the cabin I booked if need be.

When do you need the money for it?

tommymac 02-07-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 333469)
When do you need the money for it?

I iwll send my associates out to find you :lol:

I think they dinged my card for like 80 or 90 bucks yesterday and the rest will prolly go through at checkout so we could just pony up when were down there. When I saw people were booking cabins already I figured let me reserve something since it seemed our plans were up in the air with whoc comming in when and how. Also some of the guys may be bringing their SO's.

Phenix_Rider 02-07-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 333472)
I iwll send my associates out to find you :lol:

I think they dinged my card for like 80 or 90 bucks yesterday and the rest will prolly go through at checkout so we could just pony up when were down there. When I saw people were booking cabins already I figured let me reserve something since it seemed our plans were up in the air with whoc comming in when and how. Also some of the guys may be bringing their SO's.

The only thing I know for certain right now is that it will be just me. The gf don't like the pillion pad, and I think I'll need some time away anyhow! :lol:

dReWpY 02-07-2010 02:59 PM

I'm bringing the so and a housemate, in a pinch we got room for one if need be, just can't pull a nts and try some spooning

Mr Lefty 02-07-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 333490)
I'm bringing the so and a housemate, in a pinch we got room for one if need be, just can't pull a nts and try some spooning

don't think you'd be safe from that either... fuck'n indy proved to me one thing... never room with that dude!