Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Sports Bar (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Tressel Resigns (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19295)

Porkchop 05-30-2011 12:42 PM

Tressel Resigns

Coach Tress resigned this morning after a meeting I believe he called with the university. I really hope these kid's tatoos were really worth getting their coach fired. I really shows that these student athletes really are immature kids, and not the mature athletes everyone hypes them up to be. As long as these idiots are allowed back on the field after their suspension, I refuse to root for the team . I hope Braxton and Berry take the spots and never give them back. A sad dark day in columbus...

All I gotta say is... Urban for '12 baby!!!

derf 05-30-2011 12:56 PM

care to provide some background for those of use who are unsure as to which sport you are reffering to, let alone what age the students are and what school.

I'm assuming this is college level football or basketball

Particle Man 05-30-2011 01:06 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999

All pretty dumb if you ask me.

derf 05-30-2011 01:23 PM

Naw, it looks like he bent the rules to get and keep players who broke the rules, and also profited from his missuse of his position. He broke the rules for a while and got away with it, good for him. Then he got caught, whoops, now he gotta deal with it, too bad for him.

Porkchop 05-30-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 473154)
care to provide some background for those of use who are unsure as to which sport you are reffering to, let alone what age the students are and what school.

I'm assuming this is college level football or basketball

You apparently havn't watched sportscenter in the last 3 months, or aren't a college football fan. :lol:

But yes. He got caught red handed, covering for players. For a coach who was nicknamed the Senator, because he never said or did anything wrong... he really fucked up. And now looks like a major hypocrite for preaching morals and doing the right thing.

derf 05-30-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 473171)
You apparently havn't watched sportscenter in the last 3 months, or aren't a college football fan. :lol:

Correct and correct on both accounts. I'll usually watch teh super bowl, go to a live game if I can, but thats the extent of it.

Particle Man 05-30-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 473164)
Naw, it looks like he bent the rules to get and keep players who broke the rules, and also profited from his missuse of his position. He broke the rules for a while and got away with it, good for him. Then he got caught, whoops, now he gotta deal with it, too bad for him.

That's the dumb part. He had a good gig and fucked it up by doing something stupid.

tommymac 05-30-2011 03:05 PM

Pete carrol did it and he got a head coaching job in the NFL so I guess it is rewarded to some.

Porkchop 05-30-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 473177)
That's the dumb part. He had a good gig and fucked it up by doing something stupid.

Exactly, why cover for some dumbass kids and jeopardize your job and 3 million dollar salary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 473179)
Pete carrol did it and he got a head coaching job in the NFL so I guess it is rewarded to some.

EVERYBODY is doing it. People are blind to think otherwise. All of these superstar kids get improper benefits, car deals, and boosters slipping money in their pockets. Usc and osu were just the big boys that got busted by some punk writers looking to start trouble.

And then it was only a matter of time before the witch hunt was on. These writers got what they wanted....

tommymac 05-30-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 473185)
Exactly, why cover for some dumbass kids and jeopardize your job and 3 million dollar salary.

EVERYBODY is doing it. People are blind to think otherwise. All of these superstar kids get improper benefits, car deals, and boosters slipping money in their pockets. Usc and osu were just the big boys that got busted by some punk writers looking to start trouble.

And then it was only a matter of time before the witch hunt was on. These writers got what they wanted....

Been a while since they could sink a program like they did with SMU back in the 80's