Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   MotoGP (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   this just in (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20461)

Dave 10-29-2011 08:46 AM

this just in

Josh Hayes in for edwards in the final round of GP. Said they didn't want another test rider except with folding the superbike team they have no more signed riders left. No word on who rides for lorenzo...

Great news for Josh, Ill bet he's over the moon right now...

fujimoh 10-29-2011 08:50 AM

What a great opportunity

Sixxxxer 10-30-2011 12:49 PM

I'm sure he's happy...But given the reason for his chance...I'm sure he'd put it aside if it meant Simo was still with us.

Over the moon is a little over the top IMO

Dave 10-30-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 496996)
I'm sure he's happy...But given the reason for his chance...I'm sure he'd put it aside if it meant Simo was still with us.

the guy is 36, he is being given a chance to ride a midpack bike in the highest level of motorcycle racing in actual competition. regardless of the circumstances Im sure he is elated.

shmike 10-30-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 496996)

He's riding for Edwards, not Simo.

I'm sure he is stoked.

I'm stoked for him. Hayes is a cool guy and I get the feeling he truly enjoys racing motorcycles.

Dave 10-30-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 497003)

I'm sure he is stoked.

I'm stoked for him. Hayes is a cool guy and I get the feeling he truly enjoys racing motorcycles.

Its not even the fist time this has happened. Remember he got Craig Jones seat in WSS after his unfortunate passing.

Sixxxxer 10-31-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 497003)

I'm sure he is stoked.

Right, And why is edwards not riding?? Most likely because of Simo...

I'm just saying...I would be excited...but still a little uneasy given the circumstances

shmike 10-31-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 497132)

I'm just saying...I would be excited...but still a little uneasy given the circumstances

Edwards is not riding because he is injured.

Porkchop 10-31-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 497132)

Edwards is not riding becasue he just had surgury, the reason he was not at Marco's funeral....

From KSgregman's post...

"I also wanted to be in Valencia next week to give my support to MotoGP, but it is not going to be possible because of the surgery I need on my left arm. The top of my left humerus bone has got multiple small fractures but the cartilage that is around the top of the bone has been pulled off. The surgery will anchor the cartilage back to the bone but there is no nerve damage, so I should be 100 per cent in about four weeks" - Colin Edwards