Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   cush drive removal (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=580)

OneSickPsycho 03-14-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 16464)
Whatever,"belt-boy"!:eatatthey:

Simple is good.

Rider 03-14-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 16464)
Whatever,"belt-boy"!:eatatthey:

Hey so you are good friends with Brad??

Amber Lamps 03-14-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 16467)
Hey so you are good friends with Brad??

Yea,me and Rusty used to teach him how to wheelie! Why do you need something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 16466)
Simple is good.

Actually,I lke that setup and don't understand why the Japs haven't adopted it,except maybe because they own all the chain companys too! I'm not sure what the tensile strength of your belt is,so I don't know if it could handle 160-200hp at the front spocket but I know a guy who has a Buell with Nos that doesn't seem to have probs...:idk:

Rider 03-14-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 16473)

Maybe a friend price on a new bike.. I know Mike(Sales Guy) and I have talked with Brad before. He let me take his SuperDuke for a spin, but I dont know him well enough to ask for a special deal other than one he'd give to any joe walking in off the street.

Amber Lamps 03-14-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 16476)
Maybe a friend price on a new bike.. I know Mike(Sales Guy) and I have talked with Brad before. He let me take his SuperDuke for a spin, but I dont know him well enough to ask for a special deal other than one he'd give to any joe walking in off the street.

Sure,shoot me the specifics and I'll call him for you!

OneSickPsycho 03-15-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 16473)

Actually,I lke that setup and don't understand why the Japs haven't adopted it,except maybe because they own all the chain companys too! I'm not sure what the tensile strength of your belt is,so I don't know if it could handle 160-200hp at the front spocket but I know a guy who has a Buell with Nos that doesn't seem to have probs...:idk:

Part of the problem, IMO is width... The other part of the problem is the inability to play around with gear ratios at will... And the belts are plenty strong... HP isn't the real biggy, it's torque that would be the problem... and my bike has more torque than 3/4 of the Jap bikes... And check out the 1125R... It's got a belt.

Cutty72 03-15-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 17085)
Part of the problem, IMO is width... The other part of the problem is the inability to play around with gear ratios at will... And the belts are plenty strong... HP isn't the real biggy, it's torque that would be the problem... and my bike has more torque than 3/4 of the Jap bikes... And check out the 1125R... It's got a belt.

And a lifetime warranty on it no less!
Never have to change anything! :whistle:

Would you regear (pully) your buell if it was easily available?

OneSickPsycho 03-15-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 17227)
And a lifetime warranty on it no less!
Never have to change anything! :whistle:

Would you regear (pully) your buell if it was easily available?

I think I'm going to do the primary swap sometime after the Cali trip... The XB9's primary on the XB12 gives an 11% difference... I don't really need 9 more ft-lbs of torque, but it'd be sweet!

Cutty72 03-15-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 17229)
I think I'm going to do the primary swap sometime after the Cali trip... The XB9's primary on the XB12 gives an 11% difference... I don't really need 9 more ft-lbs of torque, but it'd be sweet!

How much can you change w/o changing belts?

OneSickPsycho 03-15-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 17231)
How much can you change w/o changing belts?

You misunderstood... You cannot change ratios via the belt... it's through the primary...

Like so:
http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...777/155801.jpg