Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Manuals! Get yer Free Manuals here! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9537)

tommymac 06-06-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 474335)
I know I need to check the valves on mine... just not looking forward to rotating the engine out of the frame :tremble:

How many miles you have on yours?

I am only at 2k miles so far so I have time for that. I am gearing up fo rmy first oil change myself :lol:

Cutty72 06-06-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 474523)
I am only at 2k miles so far so I have time for that. I am gearing up fo rmy first oil change myself :lol:

2K and you haven't changed oil yet!!?!?!?!?! DAUMN!!!!

yeah, I had done 3 already by then! :lol:

FYI, you will NOT keep it clean. You have to use something (cardboard, tinfoil etc) to even attempt to keep it off of the kickstand and exhaust (if stock) and other parts... Oh, and put it on a rear stand, that helps.

Particle Man 06-07-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 474550)

FYI, you will NOT keep it clean. You have to use something (cardboard, tinfoil etc) to even attempt to keep it off of the kickstand and exhaust (if stock) and other parts... Oh, and put it on a rear stand, that helps.

So the whole act of getting the fluids OUT of the bike was something of an engineering afterthought, eh?

tommymac 06-07-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Did the 600 mile change for break in but thats been it. I need to do one to start the season.

OneSickPsycho 06-07-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 474335)
I know I need to check the valves on mine... just not looking forward to rotating the engine out of the frame :tremble:

How many miles you have on yours?

If it's anything like the XB's, it's way easier than you'd think... Get yourself a Harbor Freight motorcycle/ATV jack... Best $50 I spent for the Buell.

tommymac 06-07-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

BTW what oil are you uusing? Not sure I will use rotella in there and sure aint buying hte harley stuff. I was going to get some amsoil from chris but now with no track season and a friend backin gout I wont need much in oil fo rhte season

Gas Man 06-07-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 474579)
BTW what oil are you uusing? Not sure I will use rotella in there and sure aint buying hte harley stuff. I was going to get some amsoil from chris but now with no track season and a friend backin gout I wont need much in oil fo rhte season

Run the Amsoil in it. Ask Mark, it's great in bikes.

Cutty72 06-07-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 474579)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 474703)
Run the Amsoil in it. Ask Mark, it's great in bikes.

This ^^^

Ran the Screaming Eagle HD stuff in it for awhile, cause I got a steal on a case. Now I have AMSOIL in it. Still running 20-50... contemplating going to 10-40 just cause that's what gets used in everything else, so the 20-50 kinda sits around.

Gas Man 06-07-2011 11:34 PM

You do mean the 10w-40 mc oil correct?

And I still wouldn't. The 20W-50 is meant for the v-twins...

Cutty72 06-07-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 474712)
You do mean the 10w-40 mc oil correct?

And I still wouldn't. The 20W-50 is meant for the v-twins...

Yeah, mc oil of course.

It's 10-40 in the SV, thats a v twin. What do the new Duc's run? I think HD like the heavy oil cause of the air cooling, and just went with it on the Buell cause they don't know any better... but who knows.