Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   new(ish) Toyota (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22072)

MikeSP1 01-21-2013 06:03 AM

new(ish) Toyota

I know I don't post up much, but I'm kinda proud of myself and thought I'd share.

The Subaru Legacy that I've had for about 2 years now is not really doing what I need it to do anymore. It'll be a little bit more work than I'm willing to put forth to bring with me when I leave Japan. I've since found a replacement for it.

I found myself a short wheel base 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser with a 4 cyl. turbo diesel and a five speed. :yes: And with that being said, I'm proudly driving a truck again.

By the time I leave Japan, it'll be over 25 years old.

shmike 01-21-2013 09:49 AM

Nice!

Post up pics.

Cutty72 01-21-2013 12:43 PM

Definitely in the "ish" category of new :lol:

Nice find though, other than the rusting away of.... well the entire truck, early yota's were good vehicles.

Adeptus_Minor 01-21-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 525756)
Nice find though, other than the rusting away of.... well the entire truck, early yota's were good vehicles.

Is that 'damning with faint praise' or a 'backhanded compliment'.. I always get the two confused. :lol:

Cutty72 01-21-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 525765)
Is that 'damning with faint praise' or a 'backhanded compliment'.. I always get the two confused. :lol:

Little more of the latter.
I've never seen a yota older than early '00 that didn't have considerable body deterioration. BUT, I do still see them, often, on the road, with hundreds of thousands of miles.
Mechanically sound, just needed a body transplant.

Homeslice 01-21-2013 08:48 PM

Nice......I know a guy who stuffed an LS450 engine in one of those.

MikeSP1 01-21-2013 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ask for a photo, and ye shall receive. I'm liking it, and it feels good to be in a truck again. I've got a few minor things to fix on it, but nothing major. So far, the dome light doesn't work, neither does the horn. Independent locking differentials, solid axles, and a PTO. Body cancer is limited to surface rust under the rear side windows. Chassis just has minor surface rust.

Oh, and it's only got about 80k miles on it.

shmike 01-21-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeSP1 (Post 525775)
Ask for a photo, and ye shall receive. I'm liking it, and it feels good to be in a truck again. I've got a few minor things to fix on it, but nothing major. So far, the dome light doesn't work, neither does the horn. Independent locking differentials, solid axles, and a PTO. Body cancer is limited to surface rust under the rear side windows. Chassis just has minor surface rust.

Oh, and it's only got about 80k miles on it.

SWEET!

I was trying to picture the "short wheel base" from that era. All we got was wagons in the states (60 series).

Homeslice 01-21-2013 11:46 PM

Looks beast. Bet it has hella wind noise at speed, though :lol:

RACER X 01-22-2013 10:43 AM

never seen a 2 dr other then FJs

that thing is COOL!