Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dropped Bike, I'm an Idiot (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2914)

jtemple 10-16-2008 10:26 PM

Dropped Bike, I'm an Idiot

I just dropped my bike. It's the first time I've put one down before. I was parking it in my garage and tried to get off of it without putting the kickstand down. STUPID STUPID STUPID! I'm totally anal about checking that the bike is solidly on the kickstand before I get off of it. I guess I was just distracted.

I have a scratched mirror, a scratch on the belly pan and a scratched Champ's slider. I'm not as pissed as I thought I'd be, probably because the damage was very minor.

Dave 10-16-2008 10:28 PM

yep thats a dumb one

PiZdETS 10-16-2008 10:29 PM

Is your bike black? Shouldn't be too hard to touch-up.

jtemple 10-16-2008 10:31 PM

The belly pan is flat black, as is the mirror. I probably won't bother with the touchup. If I do anything, I'll just replace the parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 80592)
yep thats a dumb one

C'mon now, Dave. You're supposed to comfort me!

Dave 10-16-2008 10:34 PM

hey when i lowsided i didnt expect anyone to tell me i done good lol

Mr Lefty 10-16-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 80591)
I just dropped my bike. It's the first time I've put one down before. I was parking it in my garage and tried to get off of it without putting the kickstand down. STUPID STUPID STUPID! I'm totally anal about checking that the bike is solidly on the kickstand before I get off of it. I guess I was just distracted.

I have a scratched mirror, a scratch on the belly pan and a scratched Champ's slider. I'm not as pissed as I thought I'd be, probably because the damage was very minor.

Wow... that's a dumb one... :lol:

naw really... it was bound to happen at some point in your riding life... a VAST majority of us have dropped our bikes... another large majority have wrecked while moving... and then there's me... who loops a 600 at a light.:whistle:

Shift 10-16-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 80609)
who loops a 600 at a light.:whistle:

What kind of stunter are you didn't even get a vid of it for the rest of us. Do it AGAIN squid, this time il record and :lol:.

JoJoYZF 10-16-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 80609)
Wow... that's a dumb one... :lol:

naw really... it was bound to happen at some point in your riding life... a VAST majority of us have dropped our bikes... another large majority have wrecked while moving... and then there's me... who loops a 600 at a light.:whistle:

I dropped mine at a light once. My foot slipped in oil or something and by the time I got my balance, the bike was too far down. I was more ego hurt than anything. I have since dropped it in a gravel driveway and still didnt bother to fix the scratches or dents.

t-homo 10-16-2008 11:29 PM

I dropped my bike in the garage once. All of the fiarings were off so the only thing that hit was my slider. I was on the kickstand side of the bike trying to hold it and put my rear stand on it by myself. I was holding it upright and it leaned a little further away from me and i just didn't have the muscle to stop the momentum. Laid it down kinda softly so no damage, other than i think the slider has an incredibly slight angle up now.

Mrs. Colleen 10-16-2008 11:32 PM

My husband dropped mine in our parking lot. :tt: :lol: