Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Gear for the rally (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7700)

Sixxxxer 04-26-2009 06:46 PM

I think youll be able to keep up with me and tommy if you end up having to drive...i dont plan on going THAt fast the whole way ;)

Good to hear your still going...

Im all set...Bike got serviced I already scrubbed in my new rear tire I put like 300 miles on it already...Chain is good oil is fresh Im all set...just gotta pack my tail bag and Im fucking Set!!!

derf 04-26-2009 06:59 PM

The speed limiter on my truck is at 94mph, up to there I'm good.

And if you guys get tired and wanna take a brake, I can fit 3 bikes back there, it takes alot of maneuvering but its possible.

NONE_too_SOFT 04-26-2009 07:12 PM

3rd rally for me, and im glad this year's turn out will be better than ever. it'll be hard to beat last years 5 or 6 people, but i think we'll do it.

It'll be good to see u guys again. it almost seems unreal we're having it this early in the year.

Mr Lefty 04-26-2009 07:16 PM

well it's nice to have something this early... especially with Indy at the end of the summer... pretty cool

Sixxxxer 04-26-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 203144)
The speed limiter on my truck is at 94mph, up to there I'm good.

And if you guys get tired and wanna take a brake, I can fit 3 bikes back there, it takes alot of maneuvering but its possible.

Im no trying to outrun police or anything...I certainly wasnt planning on keeping a speed THAT high...Ill burn fuel like a madman...You should be good.

And Def will let you know about the Option to put her in the back...I have never ridden this far so I dunnno how im gonna handle it...but I PLAN on riding the whole thing.

derf 04-26-2009 08:21 PM

Yeh hope we dont have to put all 3 in the back of the truck, its quite the perilouse and an ackward series of maneuvers that we would have to do to get 3 bikes back there. The 2 bikes on the sides face forward, and the middle needs to be backed in between them while they get leaned over , then the outer 2 bikes get tied down, and the middle one gets supported by the 2 outer ones.

Mr Lefty 04-26-2009 08:36 PM

wow... yeah that might be ok for short jaunts... not something I'd wanna do for a long haul... especially when you get off the freeway and get on to some of the twisty back country roads in GA

Sixxxxer 04-26-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 203164)
Yeh hope we dont have to put all 3 in the back of the truck, its quite the perilouse and an ackward series of maneuvers that we would have to do to get 3 bikes back there. The 2 bikes on the sides face forward, and the middle needs to be backed in between them while they get leaned over , then the outer 2 bikes get tied down, and the middle one gets supported by the 2 outer ones.

I dont think all that will have to happen...Sounds CRAZY...Lol, Like I said Im def gonna plan on riding the whole way...and if need be we could always rotate out bikes?? That may just be a PITA though...well have to see what tommy thinks. I get the vibe hes gonna try and ride with me as well...but who knows.

Im ansty already and its not even May yet...Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!

Cutty72 04-26-2009 09:11 PM

hmmm... GA should be closer, then I could go... provided that this flood stuff would be done by then.

tommymac 04-27-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 203151)
Im no trying to outrun police or anything...I certainly wasnt planning on keeping a speed THAT high...Ill burn fuel like a madman...You should be good.

And Def will let you know about the Option to put her in the back...I have never ridden this far so I dunnno how im gonna handle it...but I PLAN on riding the whole thing.

I figured we try to average something around 70 and we will be good. i think the speed limit in va or wva on 81 is 75 anyway. I got pulled over on saturday up on the taconic, officer said i was doing 75 and figured i would take that since i knew I was going faster. fortunatley he let me go after I showed him my pba cards and hospital ID :rockwoot:

Did 60 the rest of the way home though.

tom