Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Beginner's End (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Advice for beginners (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=52)

Trip 02-28-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 1871)
hah do we even have to worry about newbies? i mean come on, they'll figure it out one way or another. or they'll wreck and die.

We want newbs. Hell if it wasn't for TWF I wouldn't of started out on a SV and worked my way up to the rider I am today. I want to educate people and teach them the right ways to get into this world. Let's not run em off to kill themselves. However, we can only help the ones that want to listen. Darwin helps us here.

fpzx10 02-28-2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1955)
We want newbs. Hell if it wasn't for TWF I wouldn't of started out on a SV and worked my way up to the rider I am today. I want to educate people and teach them the right ways to get into this world. Let's not run em off to kill themselves. However, we can only help the ones that want to listen. Darwin helps us here.

+1

05svr650 02-28-2008 11:31 AM

It's only a matter of time before you wreck, you better be prepared, and buy a solo seat bike.

ZXHOOLIGAN 02-28-2008 01:13 PM

The day you come back from a ride and say "I didn't learn anything today" is the day to park the bike. I've been riding for 43 years and always learn SOMETHING when I ride, no matter how small...either about the bike or my skills. Even when you run out of talent and toss it, you at least found out where your limit is.

t-homo 02-29-2008 02:34 AM

There are two types of riders: Those who have been down, and those who will be down. Don't buy a brand new bike at first because it will hurt you a lot more to drop that than an old beater.

NeonspeedRT 02-29-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 1871)
hah do we even have to worry about newbies? i mean come on, they'll figure it out one way or another. or they'll wreck and die.

Hey now. Everyone on here has been a newbie at one time. Nobody gets on a motorcycle and can ride like Rossi from day 1. Heck I considered myself a newbie for almost 2 years, and that was with almost 20,000 miles under my belt.

As was mentioned in this thread already, i'm always learning new skills or practicing old skills. Motorcycling is an ongoing process. As my sig says, motorcycling is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game.

Mr Lefty 02-29-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT (Post 3489)
Hey now. Everyone on here has been a newbie at one time. Nobody gets on a motorcycle and can ride like Rossi from day 1. Heck I considered myself a newbie for almost 2 years, and that was with almost 20,000 miles under my belt.

As was mentioned in this thread already, i'm always learning new skills or practicing old skills. Motorcycling is an ongoing process. As my sig says, motorcycling is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game.

TRUTH!

but NtS's post was VERY sarcastic... he just doesn't believe in smilies

Mrs. Colleen 02-29-2008 09:10 PM

Taking the MSF course was the best thing I could have done.

My husband taught me in a parking lot and I had very little confidence...after completing the class I felt so great about my abilities. :beers:

The whole wearing gear thing was an always thing for me...I like my skin! :yes:

NONE_too_SOFT 02-29-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 4227)
TRUTH!

but NtS's post was VERY sarcastic... he just doesn't believe in smilies

ya im all about helpin my fellow rider.

but im not all about expressing fake emotions on the internet like a madman.

Mr Lefty 03-01-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 4237)
ya im all about helpin my fellow rider.

but im not all about expressing fake emotions on the internet like a madman.

:lol: it's ok... we understand