Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   WTF does Max A/C do? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14701)

Homeslice 05-15-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 372880)
Why wouldnt you want it to blow harder? When I say harder I really mean BJ.

I always turn on the re-circ button. Why cool hot ass air from the outside. Bitches, get your own damn a/c.

When your car has been sitting in the hot sun for awhile, the inside temp is hotter than the outside temp........So IMO, it's better to let it suck in fresh air for a few minutes before hitting the recirc button.

Particle Man 05-15-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 372957)
When your car has been sitting in the hot sun for awhile, the inside temp is hotter than the outside temp........So IMO, it's better to let it suck in fresh air for a few minutes before hitting the recirc button.

that's why most car manuals recommend running the A/C on MAX and driving for a little bit with the windows cracked so the A/C can force the hot air out.

Homeslice 05-15-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 372849)
It does more than recirculate the air (most systems have a separate control for that). Max A/C also runs the compressor and auxiliary engine cooling fan at a 100% duty cycle. Normal A/C runs both intermittently, you can probably hear/feel it when the A/C compressor clutch cycles, particularly if you're sitting idle.

Hmm, I'll have to check that out, thanks

Homeslice 05-15-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 372959)
that's why most car manuals recommend running the A/C on MAX and driving for a little bit with the windows cracked so the A/C can force the hot air out.

If the windows are cracked, it defeats the purpose of running Max's recirc feature :p

Run it on normal while the windows are cracked, and then switch to Max when you close the windows.

Particle Man 05-15-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 372962)
If the windows are cracked, it defeats the purpose of running Max's recirc feature :p

Run it on normal while the windows are cracked, and then switch to Max when you close the windows.

So then you're not only trying to push the hot air out you're trying to cool the hot air from outside at the same time? You do what works for you and I'll do what has always worked for me :lol:

Homeslice 05-15-2010 08:36 PM

Dude......My point was, on a hot day the air inside is going to be hotter than the air outside. So why not force as much of it out as possible, before activating recirc?

Particle Man 05-15-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 372971)
Dude......My point was, on a hot day the air inside is going to be hotter than the air outside. So why not force as much of it out as possible, before activating recirc?

crack 'em open and go 60 down the highway and let the air get sucked out and pushed out by the recirculating AC ;)

Or take the bike.

Rangerscott 05-16-2010 12:06 AM

I lqeave my windows cracked open during the day.

Gas Man 05-16-2010 04:07 AM

You guys will debate anything won't u.

Particle Man 05-16-2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 373022)
You guys will debate anything won't u.

No we won't!

:lol: