Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Model Reviews (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ducati Streetfighter (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15729)

nhgunnut 07-24-2010 09:37 AM

Ducati Streetfighter

Is anyone here Riding a Ducati Streetfighter or have saddle time on one?
I would really like to ride one but none of the local Duc dealer have a Demo

Trip 07-24-2010 12:21 PM

I demoed one, can you demo a 1198, it's the same shit.

nhgunnut 07-24-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 395752)
I demoed one, can you demo a 1198, it's the same shit.

My local Duc does not have a Streetfighter Demo and it is both the power train and the ERGOS that are important to me. If it werent for the Ergos I would still have the 999

Curb 07-25-2010 06:39 AM

I've got a more then a few miles under my belt on one. By far and away my favorite Duc. It isn't the same as the 1198 in the fact that it is a 1098 engine. I have personally ridden both bikes before and other then I feel that the 1198 has a little more sound to it the Streetfighter is the perfect urban rider. I'm 6'3", the reach on it is fine, the peg placement is fairly comfortable and the fact that you aren't thrown over the handle bars is quite nice. At highway speeds, +/- 100mph, the wind isn't too bad of a factor for a naked bike. I feel that just because of the riding position alone, this bike wouldn't be bad for a 2-3 hour ride at a brisk pace. Oh and the heat distribution isn't nearly as bad as it is on the Ducs with under tail exhaust systems...that's about it.

Trip 07-25-2010 07:49 AM

Ok 1098, I lose track of the generation crap of ducati

nhgunnut 07-25-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curb (Post 395852)
I've got a more then a few miles under my belt on one. By far and away my favorite Duc. It isn't the same as the 1198 in the fact that it is a 1098 engine. I have personally ridden both bikes before and other then I feel that the 1198 has a little more sound to it the Streetfighter is the perfect urban rider. I'm 6'3", the reach on it is fine, the peg placement is fairly comfortable and the fact that you aren't thrown over the handle bars is quite nice. At highway speeds, +/- 100mph, the wind isn't too bad of a factor for a naked bike. I feel that just because of the riding position alone, this bike wouldn't be bad for a 2-3 hour ride at a brisk pace. Oh and the heat distribution isn't nearly as bad as it is on the Ducs with under tail exhaust systems...that's about it.

Thanks Curb that is what I wanted to know I am 6'1 and 52 superbikes just don't offer the enjoyment they once did. I guess my next step will be to travel to a dealer that has a Streetfighter they are Demoing

Curb 07-25-2010 09:56 AM

Glad I could help

ericr 07-25-2010 12:28 PM

I got to put some miles on one last summer and overall it's quite comfortable. It's not a full SS in the tight stuff but I thought it handled quite well. It's so light and narrow you can flick it around pretty easily, especially with the wide bars. If I could afford it, I'd have one.