Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2012 Butt Lite 6IX (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19509)

derf 06-21-2011 08:30 PM

what I read that as is based on this paragraph:

Quote:

2. Non-OEM main fuel tanks and auxiliary tanks are permitted if they are NASCAR-, IHRA-, or NHRA- approved or, at the sole discretion of the rallymaster, determined to be of acceptable quality

Non-metallic auxiliary tanks should be grounded to the frame of the motorcycle with a conductive strap or wire attached to the tank in the vicinity of the fuel inlet. Metal tanks do not require a grounding strap if they are attached to the frame with conductive brackets.
Those two parts lead me to believe that plastic tanks with metal strappings are allowed.

Cass 06-22-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 477378)
I'd need an ADV model if I get into this shit. LOL 170-210 per tank is not enough. Too much wasted time in the pits.

Removable aux fuel tank :)

Cass 06-22-2011 07:11 PM

Err, yes - what the other folks said too :lol:

Aux tanks/fuel cells are pretty common when you get into multi-day rallies. The VOID is every year I think, and I want to say the BITE is on the IBR off-year?? There's one that is on the off-year, I can't remember which.

derf 06-22-2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass (Post 477700)
Err, yes - what the other folks said too :lol:

Aux tanks/fuel cells are pretty common when you get into multi-day rallies. The VOID is every year I think, and I want to say the BITE is on the IBR off-year?? There's one that is on the off-year, I can't remember which.

Butt Lite is the off years

G-Rex 06-22-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 477346)
Watching the IBR11000 is pretty neat. I am seriously considering doing the shorter one next year. I am ready to test my ability at long distance. They said they only do them on even years, so 2014 would be the next chance. Anyone else interested? Trace, what about you and your other half?

I'd be down....my riding buddy isn't much of a long distance / short time type.

tommymac 06-23-2011 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 477713)
I'd be down....my riding buddy isn't much of a long distance / short time type.

I thought that would be too short of a rally for you :lol:

derf 06-23-2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 477771)
I thought that would be too short of a rally for you :lol:

I heard that one time G-rex got lost. So he figured if he just kept going straight he would circumnavigate the earth and get back to where he started. He was home by dinner.

tommymac 06-23-2011 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 477777)
I heard that one time G-rex got lost. So he figured if he just kept going straight he would circumnavigate the earth and get back to where he started. He was home by dinner.

and that was with stopping in china for some authentic chineese food for lunch :lol:

Trip 06-23-2011 07:09 AM

We need to find one for next year to do.

Cass 06-23-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 477777)

:lmao: