Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Contender or Pretender (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19482)

tached1000rr 06-19-2011 06:22 PM

Contender or Pretender

I'm just in from a quick 120 mile ride and had a gas station experience that made me want to start this thread. It is almost a guarantee that while stopped for gas or to take a quick stretch that someone walks over to me to talk about riding, my bike, their bike etc... I've actually met some great folks this way(Contenders) then I've also met some tools(pretenders) W/o doubt it seems that as someone is approaching I can sift out who can ride and who's full of shit.

Just wondering what visual, verbal, audio, cues let you know that it's time to put the tall boots on or to not accept that invite to ride along? Based upon your experiences

What weird or cool experiences have you had just kicking it at the gas station?

tallywacker 06-19-2011 06:26 PM

I have turbos on my bike bro

Particle Man 06-19-2011 07:13 PM

"Is that a Harley?"

I get "How fast does it go?" constantly.

Mr Lefty 06-19-2011 07:57 PM

with the DRZ, it's quite rare, but I'll get anything from "how fast does that go?" to "is that street legal?" to "what size is that" all honest questions with only the street legal one seeming like a stupid question

when I had my RR... it was 90% "how fast does that go" with the other 10% being "how fast have you gone... I'd kill myself on one of those"

now I tend to not pay people any notice while at the station... well... actually the DRZ is dead ATM so... LOL

derf 06-19-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 476826)
with the DRZ, it's quite rare, but I'll get anything from "how fast does that go?" to "is that street legal?" to "what size is that" all honest questions with only the street legal one seeming like a stupid question

when I had my RR... it was 90% "how fast does that go" with the other 10% being "how fast have you gone... I'd kill myself on one of those"

now I tend to not pay people any notice while at the station... well... actually the DRZ is dead ATM so... LOL

Pretty much the same experiences with me, and add:

on the CBR - Can you wheelie/will you wheelie/how far can you wheelie

on the KLR - does that do highway speeds?

tached1000rr 06-19-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 476837)
Pretty much the same experiences with me, and add:

on the CBR - Can you wheelie/will you wheelie/how far can you wheelie

on the KLR - does that do highway speeds?

I hate the wheelie requests.... From kids I don't mind though....

Rangerscott 06-19-2011 08:56 PM

People don't know what the hell my vfr is. I just laugh when I see their face expressions just know they're trying to figure out what it is.

derf 06-19-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 476845)

ooohhhh, and burnout requests

Rangerscott 06-19-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 476862)
ooohhhh, and burnout requests

I love how people think that a burnout = pure raw power. Golf carts can do burn outs.

Mr Lefty 06-19-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 476845)

see those, I got while riding... not while stopped... they'd put their hand out the windows and kinda give a open hand wheelie motion...

uh.. not so much dude